Delrays Inc - Destination Unknown - Tampete

beltdrive

This is one of those records where the boot looks more professional than the original

I sold a NM original a couple of years ago for £200 and have thought it always to remain around this price since - definitely worth more than the £100 suggested above

Not £750 though - whoever offered this amount needs picking up in a van and taking somewhere secure

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Bought mine about five years ago at the prestatyn weekender,think it was £120 was told the writing on the label was a group member,anyone confirm?

attachicon.gifDel Reys Inc.jpg

Don't know about the guitarist, seems plausible or why write that on the label?  I'm sure it's an original either way..top tune!

Social source share

Guest normokeh

This is one of those records where the boot looks more professional than the original

I sold a NM original a couple of years ago for £200 and have thought it always to remain around this price since - definitely worth more than the £100 suggested above

Not £750 though - whoever offered this amount needs picking up in a van and taking somewhere secure

and then should put  him or her in a straight jacket ' never released.

Social source share

Heard Butch spin this a few times recently - may account for the current large sum it's attracting - lots of interest on it I imagine as it's an oldie that is also good for those who like the newer funk infused sounds...?

Sounds average to me, but a dancer that is an oldie and not yet overplayed ..

Average as in, it's not outstanding or special.

Social source share

Heard Butch spin this a few times recently - may account for the current large sum it's attracting - lots of interest on it I imagine as it's an oldie that is also good for those who like the newer funk infused sounds...?

Its been indemand (again) for a fair while now...would say the last couple of years in fact! Having said that, I can imagine the butch-factor now being responsible for another price hike.

However: 750 GBP? You gotta be joking, never...  

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Marc......Yes  :D  I'm certainly no expert on prices these days, but doesn't the base on which Northern Soul was built, centre around 'turntable demand'?

Delrays at present is a cult 45 which hasn't fully crossed over, but it's getting there. Try buying one right now.......

Search your price guides and look at others that were given 'a value' and subsequently spiralled to dizzy heights(Tomangoes..now 3k, I think you could get 4!-Hamilton Movement, Rita and the Tiaras and a few more I could mention). Why only 2 weeks ago I called a collector/fan to bag the 7th Ave Aviators on Congress, foolishly selling mine several years ago for 400. I was quoted 900! Is it worth it....no.....but everyone wants it. Thankfully I purchased Frankie Karl on Philtown DJ for 800, which I feel is a bargain at present.

With so many DJ's around the world spinning our beloved genre, the demand has gone up for those 'hot, won't go away' 45's. IMHO  :D

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share