Keb Darge

Guest mobbsy

Guest sharmo 1

I hope Keb's harrowing story motivates as many Soul Sourcers as possible to give - the people over there are still desperate. We'll not be able to match the Scottish lads heroics but we can all be heroes in a different way. Please send as much as you can.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Here , Here Pete.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Evening Sir :hatsoff2:

Nice.

:wink:

Good evening Mr. Nice :hatsoff2: how are you this evening Sir ? well Mr.Darge needs a bloody medal what a tremendous human being . The Mayor wants bloody skinning alive the bastard. Regards Simon ( As it's a serious post )

Social source share

Good evening Mr. Nice :hatsoff2: how are you this evening Sir ? well Mr.Darge needs a bloody medal what a tremendous human being . The Mayor wants bloody skinning alive the bastard. Regards Simon ( As it's a serious post )

Not bad Simon - the news from Keb provides a little perspective doesn't it. I don't know too much about Keb but he has clearly made his home out in the Philippines - and taken the local people into his home and heart, literally. What an example he's set - top man.

Fairly typical stuff from the mayor - they're all self serving, greedy pieces of shit. Just different levels of despicable behaviour dependent upon where you live.

I hope all is well at your gaff mate.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just a fantastic piece of writing which tells the story better then any news stories or other accounts I've read. God bless Keb.

Ian  :D

I agree Ian.

His fantastic story telling is only out matched by his fantastic human kindness and bravery. Getting stuck in in those conditions wouldn't be easy for anyone - the stench of death, shit and rotting bodies would put many off.

God bless the man indeed.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Keb.....THANK YOU...X I returned after dealing with bosses of Mayor types a few days after it happened but it was too raw for me to relay at the time such scenes and reality as you describe....I feel as if you was in my brain.....a 'we wos there' moment which is quite often hard to explain to 'outsiders'....but you have done it.....and it needed telling...X

I had communication with friends of yours and of your family and indeed had guys heading your way to look for you. However....they could not get past 3 miles from their set off point 20 miles away as there was too much humanitarian stuff to do....to get there. We only met a couple of times at the 100 Club back in the 90's....but....I figured you a 'winner'....and your story epitomises that.....proud to know of you mate.....keep on keeping on....X

LUV
SOOTY
X

I said it the week it happened upon my return....and on the night of Children in Need.....and I will repeat it as Keb has....if you have £10 spare to just buy a DVD....and that's it...like the fella who gave £2 towards the plaque..then send it through a UK recognised Charity to the Philippines....please. Your pleasure with Xmas comforts.....or a £10 to save possibly up to 2 lives.......such is the value of life in the 3rd world and corrupt States. If you send me proof you have sent £10 minimum to a Charity for such purposes after today's date....I will send you a DVD....plain packaged but full film....for free....X The Charity's the DVD are supporting are proper too....in perspective.....but not life threatening 'today' as such. 'Togetherness'....my kind........X

Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Just been onto Keb's FB page - just harrowing photographs - and I mean bad shit.

The situation with the Mayor seems a bad one...

Keb:

That's all my photos and videos up for now folks.

I must ask even though it may seem silly. I have had a lot of warnings from the locals and others that the mayor wants me dead to stop my meddling in his kingdom.

Now this is a mayor who personally shot two of the opposition during the May election. He then got the police to bury any evidence, and threaten any witnesses.

He was a policeman, and now... uses the police as his personal army of thugs.

Some of the police have also been warning me secretly.

The local congressman is a man with a history of corruption, bank robberies, kidnappings, and "alleged" murders, he is also a close friend of our lovely mayor.

So if I do disappear over the next few months would some of you please get the UK govt' to investigate.

That may get these bastards locked up and stop them bullying my friends and family here.

I don't expect anything to happen as the mayor has a kind of fear of me as an unknown quantity that teaches his men martial arts on the side, but lots of people have told me that they do.

....some scary shit right there.
Social source share

Keb had  made his FB page public so that people can read his posts and view his photos and videos.  I was able to look earlier.  The man deserves a medal and I hope that the mainstream media pick up on this, more people need to be aware of this incredible human being and his exposure of the truth.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

very sobering pictures, brings home the harsh reality of what a devastating storm can unleash..confirmation that death dosn't make choices, what keb's depiction does confirm is that somebody will stand up when the going gets tough and put their safety on the line without hesitation to attempt to help less fortunate. i would imagine that taking those most harrowing of pictures must have been acutely distressing...they're not images that have been portrayed readily on national tv....it seems even we in britain move on quickly to the next headline grabber and for us, this disaster has disappeared into the background, but for the people of this island every day is a living nightmare..we think we're currently caught between a rock  and a hard place what with poverty and everything....these people have had their lives and livelihoods totally destroyed...what promises have they got that things will get better??...they'll probably be largely dependant on big brother u.s.a. to try and sort out the mess, though many goverments including ours are giving aid...but justice is not being seen to be done unless the scandalous corruption that keb has witnessed is brought to the attention of the world and the people committing these crimes. are brought to book.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

Keb:

That's all my photos and videos up for now folks.

I must ask even though it may seem silly. I have had a lot of warnings from the locals and others that the mayor wants me dead to stop my meddling in his kingdom.

Now this is a mayor who personally shot two of the opposition during the May election. He then got the police to bury any evidence, and threaten any witnesses.

He was a policeman, and now... uses the police as his personal army of thugs.

Some of the police have also been warning me secretly.

The local congressman is a man with a history of corruption, bank robberies, kidnappings, and "alleged" murders, he is also a close friend of our lovely mayor.

So if I do disappear over the next few months would some of you please get the UK govt' to investigate.

That may get these bastards locked up and stop them bullying my friends and family here.

I don't expect anything to happen as the mayor has a kind of fear of me as an unknown quantity that teaches his men martial arts on the side, but lots of people have told me that they do.

My Aunty Linda who lives in Grimsby hails from Keb's Province. I reported such upon my return in Soul Source. I have met many of her family over the 24 years she has lived here after marrying my Uncle Robert...RIP. He went over there to find a partner to console and support him to face his alcohol addiction. He had a story...sad too....don;t we all. He died 6 years ago. He was my favourite Uncle and is who I ran to as a nipper whenever I felt the need. His slow demise was sad.....very sad....and I was 100 miles away from it to be too affected....but Linda....who spoke little English....was there....24/7.....until his death. They had a baby soon after they married....who is a similar age to my Daughter and doing brilliant at Leeds Uni. Linda also studied at Night School....whilst filleting fish full time for her first 5 years...got Accountancy qualifications and has run an office of 8 juniors over the past 7 years...and speaks perfick English wiv a twang....these days! Since me Uncles death......and as none of me other family had anything to do with him for 20+ years....erm....since he married Linda actually.....then I am the only 'family' she has over here.......so nowt to do with Keb.....tis personal.

Linda lost up to a dozen close family and over 50 extended members. The full toll is still being assessed. I go back next week to cover from a media perspective on behalf of a Charity a visit by profiled money folk from Britain...and friends are providing security for their visit. I feel the Mayor of the area should be approached and indeed I would like Mayor Cesar Tagon Jnrs' take on events and issues over recent weeks....for the record. Hernani is amongst the highest % for voter turnout.....86% at the May elections....of which 91% voted for him.....I have been reliably informed. That beats global stats for voting systems of any kind! I'm impressed....and am looking forward to finding out how that was achieved. Folk back in the UK need to know how these folk who in the grand scale are minions over there....do. It's good to find them hidden away in corners of the world and expose their greatness. His Dad would be proud methinks.

Off to find another nugget at the Boot Sale......have a good day all!x

LUV
SOOTY
X

...me Uncle Robert would have battered the F*** outta him if he'd have upset his Mrs or owt.....yet been his bestest friend if deserving.....I miss him....X

Social source share

I go back next week to cover from a media perspective on behalf of a Charity a visit by profiled money folk from Britain...and friends are providing security for their visit. I feel the Mayor of the area should be approached and indeed I would like Mayor Cesar Tagon Jnrs' take on events and issues over recent weeks....for the record. Hernani is amongst the highest % for voter turnout.....86% at the May elections....of which 91% voted for him.....I have been reliably informed. That beats global stats for voting systems of any kind! I'm impressed....and am looking forward to finding out how that was achieved. Folk back in the UK need to know how these folk who in the grand scale are minions over there....do. It's good to find them hidden away in corners of the world and expose their greatness. His Dad would be proud methinks.

Off to find another nugget at the Boot Sale......have a good day all!x

LUV

SOOTY

X

Hello mate, I'd be very wary of poking another stick in the hornets nest whilst Keb is still in the firing line - unless he personally agrees to your actions. That mayor and his buddies could easily put 2 and 2 together - leaving Keb to suffer the consequences while you're safely esconced back in the UK. His time will come. We know Keb has already exposed this guy, but that was out of necessity in an effort to get immediate aid to those that needed it.

Got to say too that why do "profiled money folk" and their entourage of security and media types need to be there? The cost would be better served IMO in getting relief workers out there. I was hoping to get there myself, as DVI (Disaster Victim Identification) is one of my capabilities, but companies I am associated with appear not to be involved.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi Kev!x You have me wrong mate.....nowt to do with Keb as I stated above...X His story/reality just adds to what I knew and shared my understanding and interest which compliments Kebs. I was there before Keb was found to be safe and dealing with the reality he has experienced his end but in a different manner.. I made reference to it in a post in freebasing or somewhere a while back. There are more than 15 'Mayors' and higher that are considered 'rogue' elements in 5 regions alone. We see tragedy...they see opportunity....c'est la vie in life and death.....wherever...globally...I find.

It takes money....serious amounts...to address the front line issues affecting the populace of any disaster. It also takes firm action to get it done. There is a group of lottery winners and as said profiled folk with dosh....making a visit and meeting some Americans of similar status gathering to see what can be achieved and being informed as to what needs to be done. ALL are aware that the Philippine infrastructure...National or Regional...on the whole...cannot be trusted to do the right thing. Therefore...'negotiations' take place...with negotiators...to operate successfully in an area with full autonomy which is required. It was achieved in Afghanistan with the poppy growers as well as with the Triads when Hong Kong was being given back to the Chinese....and closer to home...it was achieved with the IRA. There will be in excess of £200-300 million arriving over the next year or so to fund immediate requirements through Charitable sources that I am aware of. There is a responsibility to police that and ensure it gets best 'value' for each £1. It don;t just happen. Keb's story is 'standard' with all respect when put in context regarding Mayoral attitudes and attributes towards their own. it is not shocking to me....even in the face of such carnage as Kebs pics I assume show. I haven't seen them....perhaps i've become desensitised to it when seeing it regular as I do when on humanitarian missions globally which i;ve devoted time and my experience to over the past 6/7 years.  I intend to [interview' up to 10 Mayors whilst there....to see who they are and and ask questions to be able to give feedback here to wealthy folk on who is to be worked with...and who ain't. Like the DVD...I spoke to DJ's.....u make ure own decision as to whether you'd support them....or not!!x Someones gotta do it....and...as the reviewers say.....i'm alright at it!x Applying meself in these grander settings saves more lives......and hopefully puts into context for you all what the DVD means to me.....fun....and funds for Charitys. I do business...elsewhere....X  I hope that's cleared it up mate...X

Keb can handle himself...I reckon...X

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

Just exactly where did you go in the Philippines in the aftermath of the storm Sooty?

A topic about the misery and suffering and the corruption Keb is having to deal with and yet you manage to turn this into another topic about you.

Morning Chalky...I endorse what Tony says and have done exactly that....kept it topical and expanded to give some insight. My posts have been to get folk to focus on donating...giving....which is all you can do....on the whole. I have been reserved as to the detail precisely to avoid any suggestion of 'hi-jacking as such. There is a fine line I ride mate which I contemplated on before posting in this thread. There are respected Soulies who know of my involvement here. There are those reading who aren't part of the scene too who look for snippets to serve their own purposes. I try to satisfy and be sincere to both. The detail? Briefly... which I will not elaborate on....but thanks to Indian connections...FedEx and established relationships of a Commercial nature then we landed at Mactan Cebu Airport via private Jet. The Philippine Air Force via their 220th Helicopter crews flew us and colleagues who had been looking after Charity workers from a security perspective in Afghanistan to Tacloban. After a few hours sorting a command and supply post they set off to face humanitarian issues in the immediate surrounds with volunteers from the Mactan base. I and others then carried on to Manila to arrange logistics for Charity's requirements and liased with local officials the ability to do such. Fortunately....it was all done whilst folk were in shock. Nobody had a chance to have protocol or permissions hinder such necessary action in the face of adversity. I then returned back to Mactan and returned in the manner we had arrived. I left over 20 friends there facing what Keb has shared in stark detail. Some were supplied Kebs details when there was concern as to his welfare. Unfortunately they did not get beyond 3 miles from their drop off point....about 20 from Hernani coastline. I hope that satisfies your curiosity. I will not be posting in this thread again but ask that if it all means anything beyond 'chat'...then give something through a recognised UK based Charity... Thanx...X

LUV

SOOTY

Social source share

Chalky....you are in danger of taking this down the route you say you don;t wanna go. Review my posts since Kebs 'disappearance' was announced on here. I led with concerns and well dones regarding Keb irrelevant of the subject I was talking on every time. I did....cos that's how I felt. It's there in print on this website. Within a few days upon my return I discovered he had surfaced...and it was the first thing I said 'good' on before sharing further info....and before Keb came out with his reality. Perhaps you've missed it...X Winnie missed a complete cover.....a few 'casual' words by me are easily missed. They weren't casually meant tho'. His friends whom I had communication with to help where possible will confirm such. 

I am going back as said next week. I will do my best to find time and meet Keb if he has the time and inclination and give him a hug on behalf of us all....what more can I do?x

My input was to educate and enlighten...beyond the Kyle...which Keb has done in his way. I'm more than happy with everything he has said and reported back. I know there is more he could have said....but spared us all the reality he has dealt with. The telly does give a 'barrier' to events and indeed mainstream reporters whom you all generally take your knowledge from didn't go beyond Tacloban and a mile or so into the Countryside really. However....not many could.....so I understand that. None of them would be able to report as he has anyway. PCness would prevent that along with the fact they wouldn't dare go near it as he did. A different league and a different kind of human being. I align myself with Kebs types in life. It is those folk that get things done. I know many 'normal' folk...if we can call Keb that....who are doing as Keb does yet remain unsung. Don't have a go at me because some happen to be 'profiled' or have the money and freedom to do so at a hands off level. I haven't 'named' anyone....yet folk reading this know I could. It ain't about me mate...or who I 'know'...i'm writing about a human catastrophe and it's consequences...and asking where pert for you and all to assist in that. Nowhere have I shared the scenes I witnessed in Public since returning....I have left that to Keb....he does a far better job and indeed was deeper and closer to events than I was able too when i went. I hope to do more upon my return....but won't keep you posted....through here...or anywhere. I didin't upon returning from Egypt/Syria and area a few weeks ago. Folk knew i was going back to Manila the day I returned. I was asked to DJ and it came up. They have been kept informed of my movements out of respect for their function and the like. Since then...Keb has surfaced.....and if I had said nothing.....then there may well have been surprise from Soulies reading that I didn't...because they know i can....'constructively'. But they will be the first to tell you....i'm being 'reserved' and leaving the detail out.....as best I can.

I have replied out of courtesy to you Chalky...and I sincerely apologise for any misunderstanding my comments may have generated and plead that you see my intentions were sincere....X My input in this thread has run its course....and repeat again.....please give whatever you can...it WILL save lives. If Kebs story has resonated....you should have done so already whoever has read it...I reckon.  His 'small print' could easily be overlooked too. 'Donate' he begged. So in case folk got carried away with the drama...and forgot...I have supported his casual request in my own way by asking in every post since and hope it has produced a result as he has hoped for...X Again...what more could I do...in here? What I will do....is leave this thread ok!x Sorry again if anyone is or has been offended by owt I said or meant to say...X

LUV
SOOTY
X

Social source share

on recent posts ask the two involved to both drop the exchange now (if they wish to continue the exchange then take it to pms)

thanks

mike

Anyone that has seen Keb's pictoral and video evidence please foward this to news agencies as I have done, in fact any media agencies, as this disaster is already off the front pages and the situation is only just becoming known ....and is in danger of being sidelided by Boris Johnson closing ticket offices 

good call

Social source share

Keb - good to hear you're alive and well. What a brilliant piece of journalism - award winning stuff. The British media coverage of the disaster has been lamentable so your piece was most illuminating. We were expecting you in London at the end of October for a Wigan crew reunion beer or two, so when your work is done, hopefully we'll see you and Edith back in Britain. As the saying goes, When The Going Gets Tough...

May The Force be with you.

ATB

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Krissii

Keb:

Well it's been a very hectic three weeks. Started with a very bumpy flight to Tacloban then a rush home before Yolanda struck. Spent the night taping up windows, blitz style, then forming a barricade in the middle of the room for the family, friend, and relatives to hide behind. Followed by two hours of pulling relatives and their kids away from the windows, the message got through eventually as the complete windows with frames started spinning round the room. Next news arrived that my NPA guerilla buddy and his dwarf wife were missing, so like a twat out I went to find them. The locals thought I was mad, but they are a lovely couple, and we had a big strong house for them to hide in. Spent an hour dodging falling trees, and flying corrugated iron roofs. Found out later he was half a mile in the jungle gathering said roofs so that he could build the house of his dreams after the typhoon finished. Next I remembered that I had told a friend Jonathan from down in the town to come to ours asap with his family but he had not shown up. So off I toddled to Hernani proper, to be met by a flood of refugees heading the opposite direction. I got into town a bit and heard the scream "TUBIG, TUBIG" which means water in a negative way. Shure enough in came another wave about chest high, but I'm a good swimmer so nae bother. I then found Jonathan heading to the Iglesia ni Christo church who's gates had been locked when the main wave hit. I then thought I should head off into town to try and help any other survivors. Not many injured though, they were either dead or not. The water was about waist high now and full of debris. I got a stick and started prodding for bodies. Rain was pouring down, the water rising again and I was by now at the other side of town thinking I might get cut off so home I headed, ha ha ha 2 hours to do a 15 minute journey, too much debris in the water. I arrived home to find Edith feeding over 200 people in the house, and 300 over in the school. We were the only fuckers that had food left undamaged. I'll post film and photos later, some not so nice. Stood guard that night then on day 2 took a reluctant brother in law to look for dead or injured, (the Mayor, and police had disappeared so it was just us). We found most of the dead washed up in all the debris up at the high tide mark, days later those who had been washed out to sea made their presence known, the heat and salt water speeds up the decomposing so they were easy to find, just follow your nose. The high tide bodies were a mix of fresh bodies plus those washed out of their graves. Sadly 13 of the dead were Edith's family, and numerous friends. I took some photos which I will post, but stopped after seeing the face on a chap from Carmen who came to help when he realized the dead girl I was pulling out and shooting was his sister.

The next week was spent feeding people, looking for dead, sending those living that I came across to my house on the hill,and reassuring people that relief would arrive soon. The people were very strong in spirit but knew that their own govt did not care for them, and found it hard to believe that foreigners would help. On day 8 I woke up to the sound of the first chopper, (now when you have no electricity and your food and water is running out this sort of noise is very exciting). Now don't let the news tell you different, the first people to appear several days before the rest were the US navy from USS George Washington. They were at first landing anywhere flat and handing out to whoever was standing there. On about day 10 the Mayor appeared and took charge of distributing relief goods. This involved Men with automatic rifles, light and heavy machine guns, grenade launchers, etc protecting the relief boxes until the Mayor had shifted "the good stuff" into his newly commandeered storage buildings. These buildings were then guarded. The Mayor then started handing out bags of water damaged rice and water stained tinned foods only to those who he knew had voted for him. 800 burgers cooked fresh on the US ship went rotten as the mayor spent days working out how to make a profit out of them. My next task was to photograph this and let the yanks know. Not as easy as said as the mayors men knew I was a friend of the opposition mayor. I went in pretending to be giving them free Aikido lessons, as they knew I often did this, then took photos of the stockpiles as they laughed at each other fucking up what I had taught them. Next day I caught a US Marine seaplane as it landed, and got hold of the CO as he stood taking in the view of destruction. Perfect marine officer, chewing tobacco and all. He was great, I had just mentioned what was going on when the mayor and his bodyguards turned up to introduce himself. The Marine CO then shouted "Bob get these people (mayor's group) back, I need to talk to this gentleman in private". He fully understood, and told me it was the same in most third world countries, he had just been in Haiti and had to get everything passed the gang bosses who ran the place. I'm going for a crap, I'll continue the story soon, then post lots of photos.

Wow ! Hats off .

Glad you are all safe

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!