J.j. Jackson Cover-up

I see the secret's finally out, John Manship has added Johnny Praye - "Can't get too much love" on his auction page. He probably added it last Sunday, which is a strange coincedence (wait for it!) because last Saturday I was at a local night club here in Finland, where a friend of mine was playing across the board black music from Jazz to Gnarls Barkley to Northern Soul. Then suddenly "Can't get too much love" blasts out of the speakers. Gobsmacked! :lol:

He had picked it up from a local second hand store for just a few Euros. It came from a box that had maybe 300 demos from 1967 and he was the second to have a look, and only picked what was cheap and good. I was the third one and I still got Curly Moore, Lainie Hill, Four Larks - "Groovin" on Tower and "That's all that counts" on Uptown, Hoagy Lands - Next in line UK Stateside Demo (!) and a few more. All mint and in company bags. I wonder how they got here, were they sent to a radio station or a record store back in the day? Fantastic when things like this happen.

Of course I told him what he had and now he wants to wait until the auction finishes before he'll think of selling or trading it. I'm hopeful he'll do a good deal for a fellow Finn though. ranting_1.gif

Four copies have been on eBay according to Popsike, all being about £900 so far.

Heikki 1

Edited by heikki 1
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

£814 already, 20 days to go... any guesses on finishing price? smile.gif

One million dollars post-1508-1150917711.jpg

Dunno top of the head guess £2000 :ohmy: give or take a few hundred

Social source share

I see the secret's finally out, John Manship has added Johnny Praye - "Can't get too much love" on his auction page. He probably added it last Sunday, which is a strange coincedence (wait for it!) because last Saturday I was at a local night club here in Finland, where a friend of mine was playing across the board black music from Jazz to Gnarls Barkley to Northern Soul. Then suddenly "Can't get too much love" blasts out of the speakers. Gobsmacked! :yes:

He had picked it up from a local second hand store for just a few Euros. It came from a box that had maybe 300 demos from 1967 and he was the second to have a look, and only picked what was cheap and good. I was the third one and I still got Curly Moore, Lainie Hill, Four Larks - "Groovin" on Tower and "That's all that counts" on Uptown, Hoagy Lands - Next in line UK Stateside Demo (!) and a few more. All mint and in company bags. I wonder how they got here, were they sent to a radio station or a record store back in the day? Fantastic when things like this happen.

Of course I told him what he had and now he wants to wait until the auction finishes before he'll think of selling or trading it. I'm hopeful he'll do a good deal for a fellow Finn though. :yes:

Four copies have been on eBay according to Popsike, all being about £900 so far.

Heikki 1

Hi Been offered one a few weeks ago.....covered up.... may not equal rare..have other tunes on the label........ATB Steve

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul
Hi Been offered one a few weeks ago.....covered up.... may not equal rare..have other tunes on the label........ATB Steve
ONE FOR SALE LAST SATURDAY AT GREATSTONE STEVIE...WAS OFFERED IT FOR 500 POUNDS :yes:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert