'girl' Mega -Rare Cover Up For Sale

Paul-s

For sale a vg++ copy of Karl Rhodes long time cover up 'GIRL' by Bobbie Smith.

Incredible record and very, very rare.

Sold on condition it stays covered up as Karl sold his to another DJ and that needs to be respected.

Every time this is played people rush up to check it out and still it has not been found.

I just chased around the world to locate this copy. Serious offers only.

SOLD!

email paulsadot@hotmail.com

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

I can't remember exactly who told me, but it was a lass from Chesterfield with blonde hair called Karla. A huge Helga of a woman, crimacing face, black heads. I read her palm for 30 bob, but she didn't pay, said I was a 'false prophet'. A long time ago, another 'fogetten love'.

Edited by simon t
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

The "Bobbie Smith" is a very rare record, I've had it in my little book, whilst travelling in the states for about 8 years, and haven't come across one, or met anyone who's seen it, heard of it, or knows anything about it - even in the "town" it's from!! Credit to John Parker for playing it out. The Unifics track still makes me smile, as I originally bought that off a guy in the U.S. who, himself had been offered a large box of Kapp Acetates, but only took two Unifics tracks, as it was the only artist he had heard of!!!

Des

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The "Bobbie Smith" is a very rare record, I've had it in my little book, whilst travelling in the states for about 8 years, and haven't come across one, or met anyone who's seen it, heard of it, or knows anything about it - even in the "town" it's from!! Credit to John Parker for playing it out. The Unifics track still makes me smile, as I originally bought that off a guy in the U.S. who, himself had been offered a large box of Kapp Acetates, but only took two Unifics tracks, as it was the only artist he had heard of!!!

Have you tried  Milwaukee?

Social source share

Des

There speaks a voice of experience :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I can't remember exactly who told me, but it was a lass from Chesterfield with blonde hair called Karla. A huge Helga of a woman, crimacing face, black heads. I read her palm for 30 bob, but she didn't pay, said I was a 'false prophhet'. A long time ago, another 'fogetten love'.

That the one--FALSE PROPHET--FORGOTTEN LOVE--and if you check back through some old sales it was posted on here--

Social source share

I must admit I haven't spent my life devoted to looking for this disc, it's not the lost ark of the covenant, so I'm sure that somebody a bit more "driven" than myself may turn one up - but it's not in every other thrift store in Milwaukee, Memphis, Chicago or wherever - so getting back to the point of this SALES thread - It's a tough tune

Des

Social source share

I must admit I haven't spent my life devoted to looking for this disc, it's not the lost ark of the covenant, so I'm sure that somebody a bit more "driven" than myself may turn one up - but it's not in every other thrift store in Milwaukee, Memphis, Chicago or wherever - so getting back to the point of this SALES thread - It's a tough tune

Des

Cheers Des and yes that Unifics take 8 and take 10 was a fantastic find from you. One of Mickeys favourites and so so soulful. I did a proper Sherlock Holmes over 8 years to get this vg++ copy and believe me its very hard to track down and wasn't peanuts to talk the owner out of...

Bid so far is at £750

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!