Is This A Trend.......a Bad One

This was posted up ages ago, when they first did it, it actually got positive reviews at the time I think, I was sort of "whats the point"

I do think it's way better than those terrible remixes.

I agree with you Pete - far better than remixes that I've heard.  I can live with it, mainly 'cos I won't be listening to it !

Nothing like as bad as the Jackie Lee fiasco IMO as that was messing about with a classic recording by a Soul legend and was unforgiveable.

:hatsoff2: - Kev

Social source share

"This Version Will NEVER Be Released But We Reserve The Right To Release A Finished Version In 12+ Months Time." 

Yes indeed, one of the many laughable sentences on this record's blurb. Personally I like 'Real Instruments Including Members Of The London Philharmonic Orchestra' :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Yes indeed, one of the many laughable sentences on this record's blurb. Personally I like 'Real Instruments Including Members Of The London Philharmonic Orchestra' :g:

Yeh,"Real instruments",bloody snobs,to good for those play station play guitars and drums,not to forget kiddies xylophones were they.

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

I agree those list prices are ambitious to put it politely but I see rubbish 45s at daft prices quite a lot on here, E Bay and other websites.

I can't really ban the guy for that.

ROD {Forum Moderator]

i wernt having a go at the site just happened to see a couple that i have & was surprised at the price, i'd noticed little richard going up for a while now , just not that much

Social source share

i got a copy of im coming home by Lou pride got it in a batch i brought of evil bay on a blue suemi records but i seen this go on the bay for 70 quid dont know what its worth i no it not a original one i have thanks to cressy who put me right but i think it still worth more than the one on offer here i hope 

R-150-2203031-1270813438.jpeg

Social source share

i got a copy of im coming home by Lou pride got it in a batch i brought of evil bay on a blue suemi records but i seen this go on the bay for 70 quid dont know what its worth i no it not a original one i have thanks to cressy who put me right but i think it still worth more than the one on offer here i hope 

R-150-2203031-1270813438.jpeg

If someone would like to give me 70 for mine that would be 60 more than I usually sell it for  :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

as a matter of fact what is the original worth nowa days

Dunno for definite, 800 quid maybe?  The blue ones are pretty common, honestly, there's two different blue reissues, there's also a green reissue and a recent one on Outasite. OH and one on a white Suemi as well.

Social source share

Dunno for definite, 800 quid maybe?  The blue ones are pretty common, honestly, there's two different blue reissues, there's also a green reissue and a recent one on Outasite. OH and one on a white Suemi as well.

Also another version by Lou Pride that he did on an album around 2005ish. Sorry I can't be more specific but I can't find it at the moment. Will have another search.

Social source share

Judged on its own merits, rather than comparing it with the original version or debating any "rights" or "wrongs" about making new versions of established songs, I think it's a pretty good track.

The only disappointment for me. personally, is that it's too similar to the original. I'd prefer a new version to differ in style. A different tempo and a fresh arrangement would have made it more interesting to me but that's just my own preference.

Generally I don't like to discourage or criticise anyone who goes to the trouble of making music so I'm trying to be constructive. It's good but I wish it had been a bit different.

As for the limited release of "promo" copies at £50 each, it's not the way I'd do things but a
 lot of indie labels sell "promo" copies to the public at premium prices. I don't view them as genuine promotion copies, especially if they're exempt from royalties, but consent may have been obtained in specific cases for all we know. 

There's obviously a collector demand for promo copies and, ironically, I know of quite a few cases where far more "promo" copies were sold than regular commercial copies. In niche markets it seems that many indie labels might not survive without some "perks". I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is,

Personally I'd prefer to see a general release (or a "limited edition" release as almost everything seems to be these days) rather than "promo" copies being sold at such high prices but each to his own.

Paul
Social source share

personally I think the guys got a great voice, and the insturuments aint too bad, but as prevoiusly its a bit of an obvious choice and a bit of a cash in really, still I'd prefer it to the Shite solo record on another thread, ever likley modern soul has completly imploded. 

Social source share

im tempted to buy all 50 limited editions... :wicked: ........then no body else will have um but me....cool or what .... :yes: .............until the inevitable happens :( ............damn i better stick to genuine 1960s releases , more fun hunting rare vinyl  than having " make it up as you go along " records doorstepped to you collection via your wallet...ez

Edited by ezzie brown
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!