Spyder Turner - I Can't Take It Anymore

Guest dkd

I picked this up the other day and think its a cracking track.

I quite like the other side aswell, although it is a bit more R&B than my usual Northern.

Can anyone recommend anything else by Spyder as worth trying to get hold of?

Cheers,

Dave

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just get the album "stand by me",you`ll have em all then :yes: and some not on 45 i think,and still cheep £25-30 i think :yes:

Stand by me

Hold on, I'm coming

I can't take it anymore

Moon river

I'm alive with a lovin' feeling

I can't wait to see my baby's face

Dream lover

Morning, morning

Don't hold back

I don't wanna cry

You precious love

Social source share

Guest rachel

Im alive with the lovin feeling..was told this was issued on a 45,i thought 'stand by me' album only track,anybody got it on a 45?

Think it's on a French EP, sure Carl Willingham used to play it off this.

Social source share

I'm Alive... also exists on US 7". It's on a blue and gold label re-issue of I Can't Make It Anymore. This rerelease was presumably doneby MGM in the early or mid 70s to cash in on the Northern Soul interest in I Can't Make It, but must have sold abysmally as genuine originals of that track were as cheap and plentiful as rain from the sky. I don't think people had played I'm Alive at this point, its first major exposure coming several years later via Richard Searling playing the Stand By Me lp and French EP formats. This US re-issue is pretty rare, but I think a few members of this forum possess the record in this format. Spyder was a very versatile and talented vocalist, and to me he is pretty under-recorded. Did he do anything after his sets on Whitfield in the late 70s? Where is he now? I'd love to know.

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

AS KEN SAYS...ALBUM IS GREAT...WAS SPEAKING WITH PAT LEWIS AT NORTHAMPTON WEEKENDER AND WE SPOKE ABOUT SPYDER,,,HE'S STILL KICKING :thumbsup: VOXPOPMUSIC IN MANCHESTER HAD A COPY OF ALBUM LAST TIME I WAS IN voxpopmusic.com always worth a butchers ..northern modern, funk...you name it.....if your ever up this way i'll give you a guided tour of Manchester record Stores...plenty to go at !!!!! Applies to anyone reading ..if i'm about i'll give you the low-down !!!!!

Cheers CHRIS M :shhh:

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert