• Replies 25
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsoul

WHAT ABOUT 'MEMORIES' THE INFORMERS ON BLACKJACK ...TIME 5.50

I KID YOU NOT ...ASK TONY JACKSON...I PUT IT ON AT KRO-BAR ONCE AND THEY ALL WENT HOME HAD THEIR TEA AND CAME BACK FOR THE OUTRO !!!

Edited by bearsoul
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul
I have an American 7" of "The Love I Lost" - Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes weighing in at 6 minutes 6 seconds.
OH YEAH ...forgot that one...one of my faves :ohmy:
Social source share

Just playing Thats understanding by Tami Lynn on Mojo 2092-012 which weighs in at a mighty 5 minutes 4 seconds.

Is this the longest playing 7 inch soul 45?

Anyone beat that?

Linda Clifford's 'Runaway Love' on Curtom clocks in at 7 mins 4 seconds.

The sound on it's crap. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Syl Johnson - Is it because I'm black. I remember this being quite long..

Hammy

The Twinight single's only around the 4 minute mark - the album version is considerably longer.

Think your man has got it right with "Runaway Love" being the longest, although in the just-pre-12 inch era there were other examples of discomixes on 45s (several on Scepter, for instance) that were a) around the 6 minute mark and cool.gif impossible to play out, due to the previously-alluded-to crap sound. I'm trying to think of a few offhand - Al Downing's "I'll Be Holding On", BT Express' "Express", Ernie Bush "Breakaway", they all might fit the bill...

TONE :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

"Forever & A Day" - Mel & Tim

They don't come any longer than that :lol::ohmy:

apart from Endlessly - Brook Benton, obviously...

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Just playing Thats understanding by Tami Lynn on Mojo 2092-012 which weighs in at a mighty 5 minutes 4 seconds.

Is this the longest playing 7 inch soul 45?

Anyone beat that?

How about 'Come Back Home' by Truth on Sounds Of Cleveland? at 6:59

Fantastic record and a proper one too - not a disco mix or pt 1 and 2

Mike

Social source share

Gooooaaaallllll!!!

That has to be the longest 45 so far Mike.

Whoa there! What was wrong with the Linda Clifford? :rolleyes:

In any case, it's not a 'disco mix' - it's the same version as the album as far as I can gather.

I demand a recount! ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Do they count with Part 1 & Part two on the other side, im sure there is some obscure disco tracks that run up to 8 mins with part 1 & Part 2 accounted for thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Gooooaaaallll!!! Recount agreed - you win!

Hold on hold on just cause you've got yourself a "manager"..................... thumbsup.gif

I've an Undisputed Truth 7" on Gordy - possibly Ball of Confusion that I'm certain is well into 7 minutes ? I'll have to have a check when I get home tonight unless anybody can confirm?

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Isaac Hayes' version of "By the time I get to Phoenix" goes on a tad.

Oops, didn't read thread title properly, not sure that it was actually ever a 45?

Social source share

Hold on hold on just cause you've got yourself a "manager"..................... whistling.gif

I've an Undisputed Truth 7" on Gordy - possibly Ball of Confusion that I'm certain is well into 7 minutes ? I'll have to have a check when I get home tonight unless anybody can confirm?

Let's see - extra time being played.....

Isaac Hayes' version of "By the time I get to Phoenix" goes on a tad.

Oops, didn't read thread title properly, not sure that it was actually ever a 45?

It certainly was on 45 - not the 15 minute LP version though, as with Dave G I would need to "check" personal copy for details.

Social source share

Whoa there! What was wrong with the Linda Clifford? :lol:

In any case, it's not a 'disco mix' - it's the same version as the album as far as I can gather.

I demand a recount! ranting_1.gif

What was wrong with the Linda Clifford? - look at the title of the thread 'Is This The Longest Soul 45?' - no contest disco rubbish versus awesome deep/group soul :D

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert