Shirt Changing

A light hearted topic to lift the mood following the sad news abour Nige Shaw.

As summer is now on us and the temperature level at nighters is rising are you a shirt changer ( no shirt lifter jokes please ) or a sweaty wreck that leaves wearing the same shirt you arrived in.

Personaly I like to get all sweaty then have a quick wash, a squirt of deodorant a clean shirt and start again.

Depending on whether the music is to my taste I may do this up to 3 times at a nighter.

Is this excessive or considerate to fellow soulies.

Is this a male thing or do you ladies indulge.

Come on, are you a soap dodger or a shirt changer.

Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As summer is now on us and the temperature level at nighters is rising are you a shirt changer ( no shirt lifter jokes please ) or a sweaty wreck that leaves wearing the same shirt you arrived in.

Personaly I like to get all sweaty then have a quick wash, a squirt of deodorant a clean shirt and start again.

Depending on whether the music is to my taste I may do this up to 3 times at a nighter.

Is this excessive or considerate to fellow soulies.

Is this a male thing or do you ladies indulge.

Come on, are you a soap dodger or a shirt changer.

I change once or twice in a night, and have a quick wash :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

MY MUM INSISTS I TAKE A CHANGE OF SHIRT AND THAT I WEAR A VEST ??

PERSONALLY I LIKE TO APPEAR ONCE IN A SWIMSUIT AND ONCE IN EVENING DRESS....I ALSO WANT TO TRAVEL AND HELP THE NEEDY :ohmy:

Social source share

PERSONALLY I LIKE TO APPEAR ONCE IN A SWIMSUIT AND ONCE IN EVENING DRESS....I ALSO WANT TO TRAVEL AND HELP THE NEEDY :ohmy:

SNAP - well except for helping the needy :lol: as I am the one that tends to need help :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul
SNAP - well except for helping the needy :lol: as I am the one that tends to need help :ohmy:
you need help :lol: no seriously you need help :lol: just kidding your a one woman party !!!! see you soon :D
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

always have a spare shirt in a plassy bag just waiting for it's big night...sort of an under-study thang....always wear two pairs of socks too so i can glide like a NUN !!!!

Social source share

Yes a change of shirt is nice and sometimes my undies too..The crown jewels sweat as well :ohmy:

Oh I say :lol::lol::D

I think Winston would win the change of shirt comp hands down :lol:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I used to be a shirt changer years ago when it was traditional to take a beer towel covered bag to niters, but these days i can't be arsed so i get all sweaty and stinky. The cool breeze outside afterwards usually dries your shirt to a refreshing dampness that you can enjoy on the long drive home... :lol:

Mind you i might take one to Winsford tomorrow night cos i expect it'll be a scorcher.. :ohmy:

M.

Social source share

Guest buster

I used to be a shirt changer years ago when it was traditional to take a beer towel covered bag to niters, but these days i can't be arsed so i get all sweaty and stinky. The cool breeze outside afterwards usually dries your shirt to a refreshing dampness that you can enjoy on the long drive home... :lol:

Mind you i might take one to Winsford tomorrow night cos i expect it'll be a scorcher.. :ohmy:

M.

Ashamed to say soap dodger, took spare shirt with me at last niter at Morcambe but could not be arsed changing! p.s. any good pubs in Winsford.

Social source share

Guest Doris

I'm with Karen Winston must hold the record for most shirt changes - he always smells lovely and clean and I know I can hug him without having to flinch to the smell of major BO - boys u are warned!!!

An instant thought comes to mind about last time I was at Prestatyn and had the misfortune to be near a very swetty article who then went into a spin ........... I ended up sprayed thank to the speed ....................... :D:(

Yeuch

Doris

Social source share

Buster,There is a Weatherspoons,not far from the car park just across the road,from the Civic centre, CHEAP BEER.MMMMMM :D

All the best,Kev J.

PS.I Hope Im there in time to get a drink.And I take 3 shirts to Nighters.

Edited by good angel
Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Buster,There is a Weatherspoons,not far from the car park just across the road,from the Civic centre, CHEAP BEER.MMMMMM :D

All the best,Kev J.

PS.I Hope Im there in time to get a drink.And I take 3 shirts to Nighters.

3 BEFORE EIGHT ??? OR EVENLY SPREAD ?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

MY MUM INSISTS I TAKE A CHANGE OF SHIRT AND THAT I WEAR A VEST ??

PERSONALLY I LIKE TO APPEAR ONCE IN A SWIMSUIT AND ONCE IN EVENING DRESS....I ALSO WANT TO TRAVEL AND HELP THE NEEDY :D

I also like to appear once in an evening....and always wear matching bra and knicks just incase I get run over....I have a lovely pair of drawers with ADORABLE on the front....always goes down well in A&E..but no, I don't change my shirt :( Jo

Social source share

I also like to appear once in an evening....and always wear matching bra and knicks just incase I get run over....I have a lovely pair of drawers with ADORABLE on the front....always goes down well in A&E..but no, I don't change my shirt :( Jo
Yes Miss Vixen.

I also appear with the old fashioned Y fronts, X Coal board Issue grey that pulled up fit snug under your armpits. :D:(

All the best,Kev,J.

Social source share

Guest Stormin Si

definetely a shirt changer, i like to try n keep fresh and dry although often its a losing battle!

i often drench a shirt just by standing still, especially in the wheel :D

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well i just go and wear my Northern soul t-shirt and keep it on all night never change. What's the point changing more then once if you gonna always get sweaty. Plus these days it's only a few hours, years ago it was all night 10.00 - 8.00. 10 hours now it's like 5 hours or something

Social source share

well i just go and wear my Northern soul t-shirt and keep it on all night never change. What's the point changing more then once if you gonna always get sweaty. Plus these days it's only a few hours, years ago it was all night 10.00 - 8.00. 10 hours now it's like 5 hours or something

Your typical nighter still runs to 8 in the morning, usually starting at 9 or 10 so theres plenty of venues on offer with near on 8-10 hours of music :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Bearsoul

Nice one, but as you beat me to it. If the music takes me and I'm dancing for most of the nite I'll defo get a wash n change, to be honest I love getting hot n sweaty :yes: or should I say, perspire :yes:

Karen

HOT N SWEATY SOUNDS FINE TO ME :D TOOK SPARE SHIRT TO GREATSTONE LAST NIGHT BUT PREFERRED SHAKING MY SWEAT OFF LIKE AN ERRANT RETRIEVER LACED WITH THE GREAT SMELL OF BRUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A SALES SLOGAN THAT WAS??? MUST OF TOOK AGES TO THINK OF THAT ONE!!!
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well in Peterborough no nighters run so late and why you all change so much you going out for the night not a week on holiday but enjoy the joke lol

Social source share

Never change any clothing at an all nighter, don't bother washing myself either. Can't see the point.

Mark.

:rolleyes: Is that before or during the niter Mark! :lol: Tut tut, think it's bout time we found you a nice woman to show you the point ranting_1.gif

Will you be at LifeLine Sat ??? We can begin the search......

Karen

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Perhaps you can help with this.

It is indeed a good idea to take a spare shirt but how do you prevent the spare shirt from becoming creased in your bag?

Do you use the minimum-iron Van Heusen or Aquascutum range? I've so far been unable to find a button down in either of those ranges and, aside from those, I'm yet to find a truly crease-free shirt that would withstand four or five hours folded in a bag and still be presentable.

Can anyone recommend a solution that doesn't involve carring a flat shirt-hanger carrier into the do?

Oh, hang on, Soul Source... sorry, I thought I was on Uppers.

Ignore that. Carry on as you were you scruffy b*ggers

ranting_1.gif

Social source share

It is indeed a good idea to take a spare shirt but how do you prevent the spare shirt from becoming creased in your bag?

Use a professional Ironing service ie: Mine.

Can anyone recommend a solution that doesn't involve carring a flat shirt-hanger carrier into the do?

Yes got a brilliant solution a way to solve creased shirt dilemma and increase my income for records at the same time :rolleyes:

I could bring my steam iron etc and set up stall at the end of the record bar for soulies wanting to change half way through the nite into crease free shirts. Well my business is called "Creases Away" thumbsup.gif

Karen

Social source share

Do you use the minimum-iron Van Heusen or Aquascutum range? I've so far been unable to find a button down in either of those ranges and, aside from those, I'm yet to find a truly crease-free shirt that would withstand four or five hours folded in a bag and still be presentable.

Oh, hang on, Soul Source... sorry, I thought I was on Uppers.

Ignore that. Carry on as you were you scruffy b*ggers

:rolleyes:

What about anything in Bri-Nylon..... thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Yes Miss Vixen.

I also appear with the old fashioned Y fronts, X Coal board Issue grey that pulled up fit snug under your armpits. ranting_1.gif:lol:

All the best,Kev,J.

Grey is the new black :D ....they sound SO Prada, darling :D ...and the waistband will soak up the sweat as they're fitted under the armpits....multifuncitonal - I'm liking them already :D but I still won't change my shirt....always wear black - that way, you can't see the sweat :D Jo

Social source share

Grey is the new black :D ....they sound SO Prada, darling :D ...and the waistband will soak up the sweat as they're fitted under the armpits....multifuncitonal - I'm liking them already :lol: but I still won't change my shirt....always wear black - that way, you can't see the sweat :P Jo

You can when it dries! Back in the days of dancing all night if I wore a black dress or top I always had a "white line" of dried sweat under the boobies :D:D I just tend to strut about for most of the night now, so sweat isn't really a problem :thumbsup:

Still take some clean clothes out with ma and tend to change from nice frock and heels, into jeans and tee-shirt (still with heels) towards the end of the night - or earlier if I'm in knicker flashing mode and getting in trouble with my husband rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

You can when it dries!

LOL.... :lol: It's a bit like salt on your plimsoles at the seaside....leaving a white tidemark round your shoes....

Still take some clean clothes out with ma and tend to change from nice frock and heels, into jeans and tee-shirt (still with heels) towards the end of the night - or earlier if I'm in knicker flashing mode and getting in trouble with my husband :unsure:

Oooh you cheeky minx.... :lol: Nothing like knicker flashing...and then getting into 'trouble' after..... :lol::lol::D

Jo

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

I would change my shirt if she had a great bust no problem if she didnt i would go home sweaty :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert