Seville "show Me The Way" Kayo International Records

Reforee

Has anybody got any information as to what year this little beauty got released?

There's nothing on the 45 itself and didn't want to guess at a release date?

TIA

Dave

Hi Dave

1980 release methinks. Lovely record - right up my street. Show Me was the b side. The flip is One Down You To Go - a killer ballad.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Hi Peter

It's a year I'm after for defo as it's key to a couple of questions/answers I want to explore/solve.

Do you know that it's defo 1980 release as I can't find anything that pins down the date, I had thoughts it could be as late as 1984/85, but again no definite info just bits and pieces like a jigsaw.

Dave

Social source share

Hi Peter

It's a year I'm after for defo as it's key to a couple of questions/answers I want to explore/solve.

Do you know that it's defo 1980 release as I can't find anything that pins down the date, I had thoughts it could be as late as 1984/85, but again no definite info just bits and pieces like a jigsaw.

Dave

Pretty sure it's 1980 mate.

Peter

Social source share

Peter

If it was 1980 begs the question as to how the A side "One down and you to go" got a Budweiser release, as I believed these releases were for newcomer winners of singing competitions?

If this is the case then there's a 3 year gap between them, I wonder if they blagged it because the initial release on Kayo flopped? Might also account for the change in name to Jade.

Dave

Social source share

it was a tiny independent release. other groups had small independent releases before their budweiser showdown releases -- for example prasz, as well as a couple of others. Given that it's not out of the question that they would reuse a recording from a few years before. I don't know if this is actually what happened or not, just saying it's possible.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it was a tiny independent release. other groups had small independent releases before their budweiser showdown releases -- for example prasz, as well as a couple of others. Given that it's not out of the question that they would reuse a recording from a few years before. I don't know if this is actually what happened or not, just saying it's possible.

Boba

Thanks for that, as you say its possible, but being a "trainspotter" just wanted to tie down a release date to move things on from a definite start date.

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

The 2 copies I got back in the early 90s were intact with no strike outs, while some that came through some dealer outlets had names and addresses struck out, nudge nudge wink wink.

It may well be that after the release by Jade in 1983 spare copies with blacked out info were used or handed out????. Just a thought no defo info on that tangent!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!