Northern Soul - Rare Soul

I dont suppose the ageing clubbers of the e generation will have to worry if danny rampling played it first, or was it jules.......

...., no one would be able to remember

i wonder if we will have cream 1993 get togethers in 15 years ?

Will they want new music ?

Will they remember the tunes that were played first time?

Who cares.

Just on the new music thing - Rennaisance had a couple of reunions, there was a massive split of those who wanted to hear exclusively the tunes from the 90s and those who wanted what Rennaisance did best - play new releases.

Popping up all over the shop there's progress, Hac, Kool Kat reunions and most of these.. Yep.. Nostalgia nights want oldies from the 90s

So it's not just us - but at lest they're not all turning up in destroy jackets and leather Keks 90s uniform :)

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Just on the new music thing - Rennaisance had a couple of reunions, there was a massive split of those who wanted to hear exclusively the tunes from the 90s and those who wanted what Rennaisance did best - play new releases.

Popping up all over the shop there's progress, Hac, Kool Kat reunions and most of these.. Yep.. Nostalgia nights want oldies from the 90s

So it's not just us - but at lest they're not all turning up in destroy jackets and leather Keks 90s uniform :)

Exactly mr Byrne..The worst thing is back then if you had the 20 pocket flaps and 65 waist buttons thing you were considered a Div then..so what does that make you now??

Social source share

We get a mix of classics followers and guys who want quality deep house, we try to strike a balance but there's more tolerance and less built up predudice to others peeps tastes 

Social source share

Contrary to what some might have thought, it was 'Rare Soul' quite a while before Dave termed the music 'Northern Soul' (from which the term the 'Northern Soul Scene' sprang).

See pic of Dave and Alf (with Mr Levine and others) at their first visit to the Mecca 'Rare Soul 71'.

I know as a young lad growing up and first getting into the music I was just into SOUL - it was later I became aware of RARE SOUL (certainly the older guys I used to buy lots of records from called it 'Rare Soul'... just so they could charge me more, lol), followed by NORTHERN SOUL a year or two later.

Eg; Sam & Dave 'Soul Sister Brown Sugar was Soul, Chubby Checker 'At The Discotheque' was Rare Soul.

Junior Walker 'Road Runner' was Soul, Jackie Lee 'Darkest Days' was Rare Soul.

At least that's how it was around these parts.

:thumbsup:

Sean

That actually reads 'Bare Soul'. I've bared my soul on many occasions, I'll tell you .

Social source share

......I'M SORRY OOOOKKKKKAAAYYYY!!!x

Gone and upset some sensitive folk....! I said the following in a post above and have been 'contacted' by several 'complainants'....and so wish to set the record straight....sigh.....!x

"Shifty...had 20 or so turning up regular at Southend. Len...had a good 100 turning up for their take on it all....Kings Lynn....100 would turn out for an Oldies night.....20/30 for a 'rare'. Norwich...Soul Nights I promoted that way with locals....100 for a Classic night.....we couldn't get more than 20/30 for a rare doo at the time."

Shifty 's crew have informed me they could muster 50 on a good night....and the fact i brought 17 din;t count!!!x Len....LEN sez his gigs had 160+ REGULAR with a 450 finish as 'The Finish'...which i'd have been proud of and sorry i missed it!!x Kettering/Rushden/Grimsby and Raunds....could also amass about 100 for a night out....and yes....there was a serious 'Rare' soul element over those ways not getting much exposure who blossomed through St Ives. It is where I heard some of the biggest tunes to evolve over the next 10 years first. Lest I forget.....!x Besides Kings Lynn...there was a 'circle/ring' of folk that travelled/promoted from there and Spalding/Boston and elsewhere in Fen lanes I recall...!!....and all averaged 100 for 'the craic'. How could I have forgot?!!x I have been also asked to admit it was that region that gave me the widest education I received on the Soul Scene too....guilty!!!x Thank you all!!x I have also been reminded that my introduction to 'Rare' soul came from Naaaarwhich. I was also asked not to say to say it like that....so I won't anymore!x  A posh lot have had their say too! Peterboro's....3 Sad Men....weren't sad at all...! Upfront and yes I remember being taught the finer arts of 'Rare' music that way too!x Nice 1 Sean et al...!x 

Ok....?! I hope everybody is happy now!!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

The consistent question of when am I putting summink together I refuse to answer. First of all I gotta get over this travesty of not recognising all your efforts to the full first. Devastating it is......all I wanted to do was make u all happy back then.....now...20 years later.......i'm a let down.......forgive me.....X I'll let u all know.......FIRST!!!!x A sincere thanx to all you folk who have recalled our happy times together via pm/text and the like....and I will visit soon...like old days!!x....or perhaps a bit more held back this time????....please????!!!.....awwww sh*ttt.......

Edited by SOOTY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

...I can only speak about what I saw and experienced Chalky!x that was...as I admit happily...from 1993. If it had been split before that which I know it was....well...it gelled soon after and was there to see that happen and assist with it..

The split has never healed. You might have had a decent soul night in Cambridge but by and large the oldies newies split was as wide as ever and continued to widen to what we have today. The beginning of the 90's was the start of the decline musically to what we have today, largely a retro backward looking scene. Keele and Blackburn were two of the biggest culprits responsible for starting the decline IMO. That is Blackburn in the 90's, not the late 80's under Guy and his Soultown banner.

Social source share

The split has never healed. You might have had a decent soul night in Cambridge but by and large the oldies newies split was as wide as ever and continued to widen to what we have today. The beginning of the 90's was the start of the decline musically to what we have today, largely a retro backward looking scene. Keele and Blackburn were two of the biggest culprits responsible for starting the decline IMO. That is Blackburn in the 90's, not the late 80's under Guy and his Soultown banner.

I have to go Chalky...'work'....but saw your post as I was going.....it is a 'serious' subject mate....X I want to think on me words as I frequented the majority of 'happening' nighters in the UK through the 90's...and DJ'd at most...to have an opinion. I'll give it later....and appreciate your thoughts on the issue...X 

LUV

SOOTY

X

Social source share

We get a mix of classics followers and guys who want quality deep house, we try to strike a balance but there's more tolerance and less built up predudice to others peeps tastes

That makes sense mate let me know where and I might pay you a visit - but the divvier side of the house scene e.g. The likes of progress ( I've always despised that club as divvy Renaissance wannabes with DJs who can't mix and wouldn't know Chicago from Coventry) are having daft reunions just like the Russ Binstanley Roadshow. Loads of my mates, a cracking bunch who are really pub types who did progress as it was open when jorrocks pub closed are raving about Alister Whitehead doing Fat Cats or Russell feckin D doing this or the other.

And exactly the same as the soul nostalgia scene are there to listen to the same 50 records.

Having said that I'm seeing on the house scene a reemergence of quality nights, were all off to see Derek Carter play in Nottingham, not seen him since the Bomb closed.

Social source share

Bang on, it was tangible the change at Keale to mainly oldies and after Guy Hennigan stopped Blackburn we gave that a wide berth due to the music policy.

It was around this time when quite a few of us got bored with the scene and nipped over the fence to the house scene for 6 or so years.

Social source share

Bang on, it was tangible the change at Keale to mainly oldies and after Guy Hennigan stopped Blackburn we gave that a wide berth due to the music policy.

It was around this time when quite a few of us got bored with the scene and nipped over the fence to the house scene for 6 or so years.

I can remember going to keele around summer 90 and loads saying 'where you been? dont tell me, you've gone raving'

Social source share

I can remember going to keele around summer 90 and loads saying 'where you been? dont tell me, you've gone raving'

Same here mate, although my wearing a destroy sweatshirt didn't help (oh the shame of it).

Social source share

Guest wigan bob

the last two or three years of blackburn we had mick h irish greg carl fortnum dave flynn alan hanscombe rob thomas andy rix ian cinliffe , shifty kenny burrell keith money plus other djs all played at tonys

Social source share

the last two or three years of blackburn we had mick h irish greg carl fortnum dave flynn alan hanscombe rob thomas andy rix ian cinliffe , shifty kenny burrell keith money plus other djs all played at tonys

I suppose we got used to Guy Hennigan, Butch, Kitch, Rob Marriot, Colin Law etc playing newies and quality underplayed at Tonys under the soul town banner, often on the same night. Difficult act to follow but that's what we were used to.

Social source share

I suppose we got used to Guy Hennigan, Butch, Kitch, Rob Marriot, Colin Law etc playing newies and quality underplayed at Tonys under the soul town banner, often on the same night. Difficult act to follow but that's what we were used to.

A great two room venue then! Sorted....:lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I dont know you sooty but I do admire you're positive and enthusiastic nature and not wanting to be a nay sayer but unfortunately your rose tinted specs are way out of focus.

2000 at a do covering all bases in the cambridge area. Sorry mate but wakey wakey

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

No mate just cocked it up on my mobile.

I was trying to say....

Just wont happen! End of story.

Just going to get my fix at 100 club next week

All the best mate :-D

Edited by Andy Kempster
Social source share

"I dont know you sooty but I do admire you're positive and enthusiastic nature and not wanting to be a nay sayer but unfortunately your rose tinted specs are way out of focus. 2000 at a do covering all bases in the cambridge area. Sorry mate but wakey wakey"

Things ain't changed then Andy!!!x I had well intentioned folk...friends...the then then Mrs...genuine as yourself say on our return from my first ever gig...Keele xmas 1992....after i;d said I want to do summink....they said "naaaa...Cambridge ain't got enuff to get a regular Soul night going anymore. Besides....XY and Z already have it 'sown up' with Mallet Re-Unions and the like. On top of that Soot's....you've never DJ'd proper either.....and got no records!!!" My then Mrs giggled at the prospect.
Within 3 months...had a sell out first night. I put meself on at 7-8pm to learn the decks and play me records i'd bought from Rob Smith...all crackly and popping....u get wot u pay for!! BUT...Rob certainly see me right value and groove wise for me first purchase of about 30 'classic' tunes. 

Then....8 months later after having sell out Soul Nights and trekking to other venues and saying hi to folk...I said I was gonna do an all-nighter. Len will tell you...he was there. I had I think 10 Soul Club promoters come to a meeting I arranged. All unconnected and independent. The only commonality was that I had made friends with them all in the 10 months previous. A few knew each other and 'worked' together events wise....but that was it. NONE of them really believed what I said would happen. I said we'd sell out a 300 venue for an all nighter 8-6am. We had 3 there....before we bust outta the joint thru sheer demand....here's the flyer to commemorate that momentous 'happening'....in Cambridge....since the Mallet and St Ives finished in the late 70's early 80's....

maltfin.jpg

The true figures were this....342 paying at the first....30+ got in free. 411 paying....38 free. The final....484 paying....we had to close the door. The 'advertised' figures were to appease the Local Council....and other 'agencies' that were keeping a close eye on developments. Reason being....I announced we wos re-opening St Ives. By then...I had developed new friends/contacts/clubs around the UK....and all wanted to be part of this 'excitement'. I therefore had a 'national' focus as opposed to a local one. So much so that this is the figures regarding the attendance and make up of those who came.....only 15% came from Cambridge and say a 20 mile radius of St Ives On average....120-180 folk outta 1000. I can name those that left at 2am too. You're right Andy....I figured in 1994...Cambridge couldn't 'support' such a venue....but the Nation could....!x
That...and they...were my 'market'. You suggesting I can't get 200 to a doo from Cambridge....today???!!x I get that at me house Party's!!!!x So....2000...IF...I was contemplayting 'promoting' around Cambridge. I ain't as far a St Ives is concrened...as it has an established doo occurring which came outta the ashes of what we left behind in 1999...and they are welcome to it....X I'm National Andy.....a different perspective mate....hopefully i;ve restored your confidence in my 'belief' and potential of you all out there!!!x Thanx for the pep talk tho' mate....it's always good to remind meself of what's gone before......no net...or phones back then either......!!!xHonest...2,000....would be a start....today!!!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

Chalky.....X
Like my comment above...I have a different 'take' on things usually. I blame me upbringing...X Music...wasn't...and never has been....my priority. The people were....and still are. I had 893 members signed up to my Soul Club and St Ives in the 90's. I went through them as I still have the index card file box I made for them all!!! I know every name....spoke to most personally....and certainly I considered them 'Soul' mates as you do. I knew enuff about them en masse to know they didn;'t come for the music really  either. They came for 'the craic'. No different to a football club.
At any club...you have a hard core. Cambridge United have had about 200 consistently over the past 30 years. Yet the average attendance is 2000. Most would stop there....but I can't. When we went to Wembley...24,000 and 22,000 turned out 2 years on the trot. THEY...are my market too...as a 'club'. The hard core will have me changing Manager every months....if I let em!!!...but.....there is a middle view....which suits the majority. That's what I worked with....and lov'd the extreme's of it...be they ultra rare Butch type....or Handbaggers who turned out for their annual pi** up to celebrate dancing to summink at a Youth Club in the 70's. They are all common in 1 thing....they are people. I work with that....not their music tastes...or owt. It worked...and it will always work. This scene is ripe for expansion...inclusion....and for sharing all that is...and what has gone before. I am working on making that a reality. I decided....I can do it...and nowt to stop me....except me!x

Reading yours....Gordon...Byrneys stuff....we'd all get on ....guaranteed....WHATEVER is playing. But...as I said...today...based on the wiiiiide scope of knowledge and proliferation of tunes via Utube/Putes etc......it is BEGGING for it to happen. Split??? Yep...there will be....and always will be. But at my gigs back in the day.....'attitude' is what it was all about. I do come at it different to most of you. You had your euphoria in the 70's....and none of us will ever 'touch' that.....sadly...X However...I missed it...and caught up with my lost youth as a 30 year old....going on 15/16. I had those 'natural' reactions to tunes that many of you had had enuff off. I heard stuff that nobody had heard....and it done the same. So...the history....was irrelevant. Musically...it was about what what was in the groove....end of! That's a natural fingy DJ's share....never had to think about it personally!! I don;t know wot i;m gonna play until the previous DJ hands over!!! So....I am optimistic and see potential for 'the scene'. It's our 'last fling'. I think in the 90's we caught a lot of folk who were rid of the kids aged 13/4/5 and had free time to go back out again aged 30ish+. 

Many of them had their 'last fling' during that era...I can name them...X It will be similar today after all the recent  exposure the scene has had in ways and means. 50/60 year olds...want to come out.....and party...instead of Bingo.....i'm sure!!!x They were these 'kids'...back in the day. I believe we can make it 'magical' again for them....and share what wisdom YOU have all been keeping for them.....have faith....it is there to do!!x

Sorry about the 'Bag of Wind' post Steve G...hehe!x 

...FLYYYYYINGGGGG....be back in a few days!!!!x
Edited by SOOTY
Social source share

Anyone know what Sooty is on about? Can they explain?

I think I know what he's on about, very politely and diplomatically responding to earlier posts and producing figures to those who challenged his previous comments about the level of attendances.

He's also suggesting a way to try to tackle the problem of too many gigs and the effects of the split within the scene.

Love his optimism and enthusiasm and at least he's looking at how to improve things and not just whining about them.

.......just needs to edit stuff down more succinctly perhaps?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Anyone know what Sooty is on about? Can they explain?

CHAAALKYYY...!!!!x I should have gone 15 minutes agooo....flippin' Candy and all that!!!sheeesh. Look...Back Street has it figured...X We can discuss the problem....for ever. But there are solutions. I found them in 1990. 'New' folk...new DJ's...new inspiration. I;m back. Just a pure Soulie....and nobody can say different......luvly init!x I can't go to the 100club on the Novemebr one which I have read somewhere your going too. But...I am DEFINATELY going on the December one. I have invited some music induustry folk...cutting edge people...to come and be eduacted. Pete me Producer mate is going too.....for 'the craic'...and inspiration. It's the 'buzz' word out there....Northern!!!x If you are going...I will gladly sit with you and answer anything you wanna ask!x 

LUV

SOOTY

X

...definately gotta go mate.....X

Social source share

CHAAALKYYY...!!!!x I should have gone 15 minutes agooo....flippin' Candy and all that!!!sheeesh. Look...Back Street has it figured...X We can discuss the problem....for ever. But there are solutions. I found them in 1990. 'New' folk...new DJ's...new inspiration. I;m back. Just a pure Soulie....and nobody can say different......luvly init!x I can't go to the 100club on the Novemebr one which I have read somewhere your going too. But...I am DEFINATELY going on the December one. I have invited some music induustry folk...cutting edge people...to come and be eduacted. Pete me Producer mate is going too.....for 'the craic'...and inspiration. It's the 'buzz' word out there....Northern!!!x If you are going...I will gladly sit with you and answer anything you wanna ask!x 

LUV

SOOTY

X

...definately gotta go mate.....X

Sooty why on earth would you invite music industry folk or cutting edge people as you call them  they dont need educating they dont get it they never have and never will :( FFS

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't know why we need all the name dropping and bravado? I'm sure most aren't interested in the slightest, it impresses no one either. Just speak plain English with some grammar and paragraphs. The posts are very difficult to read and all the irrelevant stuff, off topic and silly pictures is making them hard to follow. I've just given up reading some of them. The plain English Society would have a field day.

Many have tried to marry the different factions of the scene and failed. You've been away a long time Sooty and things are very different, far different when you first appeared along with many of the others returning. There is far too many soul nights and allnighters as it is, just adding more to the calendar will only make the situation worse.

As for leading music industry figures, your having a laugh? Who are they and just why would they want to go to the 100 Club? The only thing cutting edge they will know is their razor blade.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

A few words about ‘Sooty’………

Sooty is a f*ckin’ good salesman / businessman - I love it when he says his soul nights were a sell out every month, and the All-nighters had 1000 people! :D (They were very busy mind) :wink: ……This (as you called it Chalky) ‘bravado’ works with some people (the masses) I have never met anyone like Sooty before ref his ‘selling’ - he tackles it with an ‘American Selling’ approach, and gets results (to a point)

.......The only thing that lets him down slightly (meant in the nicest possible way) is his lack of history, which isn’t a criticism, it’s just a fact that he always points out to people - at least he’s not trying to tell folk (or believing himself) that he is, or ever was a ‘Top’ D.J……It was funny as hell to see Sooty ‘bounce around’ the Soul Scene - some people really couldn’t handle his ‘bold’ approach - It was against the rules! :D

If anyone can ‘bring it all together’ Sooty can, but I do think it is a tall order, even for him…..But I’m sure he will be doing his ‘home work’ on what has changed since he last ‘appeared’

Good luck Sooty - You’re gonna need it :wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

P.s - Ref his posts - I have had many say this and similar to me (and I quote)........"I find his posts an absolute scream" :D 

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

This is for Sooty

Just following on from what Chalky has said. Many have come back and tried to pick up where they had left off. It will never happen. Ask the gentleman that used to run the Morecambe Pier allnighters. I apologise for forgetting his name, Shaun something? nice guy. He got in touch with me a few years ago when I was running the Burnley events and asked if he could come to my next nighter and flyer it for the big relaunch of his Morecambe Pier allnighters. When he told me that he had decided to make a comeback, that he hadn't been on the scene for many years, and then told me the Dj line up, I just smiled and said no problem, fill your boots.  

That went well didn't it? 

You can't recreate the past. The ethos was always listen to this, it's fantastic, and you can't hear it anywhere else. er not anymore. They don't make 60's records anymore, and we've heard all the northern.

Don't get me wrong, if you could find some unknown 60's northern, people would come. In fact I think that's how Ady keeps going at the 100 club because he keeps unearthing gems. Well that and the mystique of the hallowed venue.

However, when I went to the 100 club a few years ago, I was very disappointed. I even went for a second look, just in case I had gone on a bad night. But no, absolutely nothing going for it except the social aspect. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I'm entitled to my own opinion, and to me it doesn't deserve it's reputation anymore.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Fook me Sooty, can't you give a simple answer to a simple question.? :rolleyes: once I've deciphered your posts it would appear none of us have done it properly except the sold out mini bus.

You are talking bollox to say a Rare Soulie only went to allnighters and not soul nights.

As I said before the licensing laws changed we all went to the local soul night...local as in the same town or city or with in striking distance of the nighter. If it was 100 Club it was often the last services on the M1 where we all met up, Scratchwood as it was then. And believe me I've done some night trips in me time, as have many many more, hardcore as you call it......we weren't snoring on the way home either :lol:

people who go to nighters .......don,t go home in a minibus......asleep :thumbsup:  :wicked:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

However, when I went to the 100 club a few years ago, I was very disappointed. I even went for a second look, just in case I had gone on a bad night. But no, absolutely nothing going for it except the social aspect. Sorry if that offends anyone, but I'm entitled to my own opinion, and to me it doesn't deserve it's reputation anymore.

honestly said phil ,sadley,have to agree with this.......it,s too  downbeat nowadays

Social source share

I want to clarify my comment "Gibbons". For the avoidance of any doubt this word was used in the context of answering a question about a promotor's last name; in this case Sean Gibbons, formerly of the Parish of Morecombe, Lancs. In no way should the use of the word "Gibbons" be construed in any other way....Continued on P66

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Sooty why on earth would you invite music industry folk or cutting edge people as you call them  they dont need educating they dont get it they never have and never will :( FFS

Because it,s always been a bussiness venture to sooty nothing more nothing less......like a lot of others when it didn,t work  he left...this is not a personal thing...never spoken to him ever,but watched his goings on over those few years.......question why he,s come back....surely if you're a fan you're always out and about even if...just now and then :)

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

I want to clarify my comment "Gibbons". For the avoidance of any doubt this word was used in the context of answering a question about a promotor's last name; in this case Sean Gibbons, formerly of the Parish of Morecombe, Lancs. In no way should the use of the word "Gibbons" be construed in any other way....Continued on P66

I don,t believe you..........will consult the law as to your true thoughts........................or i,ll read  animal farm

Social source share

I'm not talking about numbers through the door, numbers impress me least of all, it isn't a true reflection on how good a night is just because there are a large number of people there, there are other factors involved.

Sooty does have something to contribute and like others some of his posts are.....entertaining if that's the right word.

But I'm a Yorkshire man and I can't abide using a thousand words when two will do! I get so far through his posts and I've either lost the plot or the will to live :lol:

But back to Sooty's attempt to unite the scene. You know full well you cannot and will never mix the music from say Lifeline, Burnley, The Greatsone, the Wilton and many others with the music of Kings Hall. The punters just don't want it, either side. Well I could quite happily go to Kings Hall and have a good night but the large majority of those at Kings Hall have no desire to go to Lifeline and hear something they don't know. The split is too wide, people have no patience nor any desire to move out of their comfort zone. Besides so many so called promoters and DJs would have their noses pushed out of joint that makes it a non starter straight away.

But good luck to him.

Nail on the head. 100%. Just looking at the Sooty selections is an immediate turn off "I walked away" says it all!.....No thanks would rather spend an evening watching Miranda :lol: 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

To me they are the same, when I was jumping on a train, car, rickshaw to go to Palais, Stafford, Shotts, 100 club, Parr Hall, Clifton Hall etc I was always going to a Northern soul allnighter, rare soul never crossed my mind.

When I was dancing to say Johnny Rogers, Charles mintz, beloyd, Mac Staten, sir Mack Rice, Topics, Darrow Fletcher, Universals earnest sparks, syl Johnson, Parliments, Mello souls etc etc etc I was dancing to Northern not rare soul.

I think we are a little too relaxed at letting the term Northern soul go to a bunch who have no right to it - the nostalgia scene - a scene that has rejected Northern souls values big time choosing to concentrate on a small number of Northern oldies and reliving over and over again a small few years of a scene spanning decades. That under no circumstances is Northern soul.

It pains me to think those punters and promoters who had a few decades off the scene as at that time it wasn't for them just get to rock up with small minded values and can just claim Northern Soul as their own and we just let them have it.

Fabulous post & totally agree...I cant believe that a term we were once so proud to use, has become so tarnished, as to be embarrassing....

Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Fabulous post & totally agree...I cant believe that a term we were once so proud to use, has become so tarnished, as to be embarrassing....

Russ

Russ,firstly hello! hope ya well...........not a brag mate,but i,ve been on this scene since youth club days...first nighter was bletsoe 1971....and still here going out and about...not just nighters love going over to stewartby occasionally to hear club sounds+ the odd venture to a soul night,but nighters are/and will always be the thing..........even from the very early days none of us have used the term  northern soul.........it,s nighters and nighter sounds for us lot as it,s always been. atvb tezza :)

Social source share