Poll: Northern Soul - An Illustrated History - Your Take?

Mike

Northern Soul - An illustrated history  

1. 1. Northern Soul - An illustrated history - Ratings...

• Five Stars
    • Four Stars
    • Three Stars
    • Two Stars
    • One Stars

Out last month

Northern Soul - An Illustrated History

Guess those who have got it have read it by now, so maybe a throw away poll may be of brief interest ?

Same as the recent bbc one...

5 stars on offer

You just give it your own personal rating

And at the end with a bit of luck we end up with a sort of general no bs soul source members view of it all....

Feel free and most welcome to further pass on your view via reply if you wish

cheers

mike

info link

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/soul-news/northern-soul-an-illustrated-history-out-now-competition-r2774

Social source share

5 from me, although other books claim to be definitive none of them get the stafford / post stafford era or choose to give very scant coverage. This does that true underground era justice.

Not wanting to get into a debate on Phet but for most of the years I was going (less so now) it was extremely relevant and thoroughly influenced the scene.

Best on the subject to date.

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

I know not everyone did them but drugs were a major part of the scene and I doubt you would have had or still got the scene we have without them.

You can't discuss the scene and ignore the other things that went on besides the music, the drugs, the characters, they were all part of the scene. That is why for me it is the best book so far covering the scene through every era with some candid stories from some who were very influential in their time.  Some real eye opening stories and some real dark humour as well.

5 out of 5 for me.

Social source share

I gave it 3. Thought a good effort and interesting enough. I think the only true versions of "the scene" are our own, that make sense to the perspective we experience it from. I'm going to disagree with everyone's version but mine! But I will listen to anything people like Guy have to say with interest.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I'd say an interesting poll 

not so much the results but the ratio of views to ratings :rofl:

will give the polls a rest for a while

but if you do have any suggestions for future ones then can either pm me or post up in the views forum
will close this now
thanks to all who took part   :thumbsup:
mike
Social source share