Ever Lost A Record From Your Collection?

With the Wirrina reunion only 2 days away I decided to pull out a few tunes...my brother asked me to play Oscar Perry..Ive got what you need so off I went a searching in the box, nope not there, another look nah it aint there.

So out come all the other boxes...I have two hours checking for said record, it has vanished.

Ive come to the conclusion that Ive sold it and forgotten (which is quite possible) or some bastard has nicked it whatever has happend to the damn thing it aint in this house.

WHERE THE HELL IS IT?????? whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 35
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hate that, its even worse than getting excited and buying something you've allready got and you'de forgotten you had it!

At least you can flog it when you find out you've now got 2!

But not been able to find it and not remembering if you sold it is a real dilema,you trawl through your boxes umteen times realize its gone and your heads thinking for ever as to where did it go!

I knew who had been dibbing in mine years ago but just couldnt prove it!!

Bad one!

Edited by Mr M
Social source share

Best put up a-

BIG BARRY MACKERS posting-

I WANT EM BACK YOU ONLY BORROWED EM! post.

Tools are another bad one specially to the next door neighbours

Never lend anything to em!!!!!

Edited by Mr M
Social source share

I know what ya mean...my next door neighbour was accused of GBH hitting his wife with a hammer

Couldn't have done, everytime I went round there to borrow one the bastard told me he didn't own any tools...

Social source share

With the Wirrina reunion only 2 days away I decided to pull out a few tunes...my brother asked me to play Oscar Perry..Ive got what you need so off I went a searching in the box, nope not there, another look nah it aint there.

So out come all the other boxes...I have two hours checking for said record, it has vanished.

Ive come to the conclusion that Ive sold it and forgotten (which is quite possible) or some bastard has nicked it whatever has happend to the damn thing it aint in this house.

WHERE THE HELL IS IT?????? whistling.gif

I've lost a number, well misplaced them at least. Sometimes they turn up but I still have a number missing in action since I stripped out the record room when duaghter No1 came back to live at home again. When I want to find one 45 it's a mamoth task there in boxes all over the house now whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I know what ya mean...my next door neighbour was accused of GBH hitting his wife with a hammer

Couldn't have done, everytime I went round there to borrow one the bastard told me he didn't own any tools...

Many years ago, the guy who lived across the road from me borrowed an axe from his next door neighbour...then proceded to hack his wife to death with it...TRUE

Social source share

Many years ago, the guy who lived across the road from me borrowed an axe from his next door neighbour...then proceded to hack his wife to death with it...TRUE

fancy hacking a boke's wife to death when he's just lent you his axe. where's the gratitude in that? whistling.gif

Social source share

but on topic yes.

lost a dena barnes years ago, no idea where it went, must have been nicked i think.

damaged a few.

fell over on a sam dees while pissed and dancing round my living room to it, when they were £20. never bothered getting another which i regret now as i love it.

one of my little girls ran over my copy of falcons 'love you like you've never been loved' on my office chair a while back. hmm. you have to laugh or else you would cry.

Social source share

Lost a few, broke a few.

Left a mint English demo of Carl Douglas Something For Nothing on a bar at a Stoke all-dayer. Turned my back for a second and it had gone.

Sat on a copy of Bobby Williams on Sureshot and cracked it.

Left a Polydor copy of Inspirations Touch Me Hold Me in the car and came back to find it fried in the sun.

Dropped a lovely 78 copy of Jimmy McCracklin's The Walk. It didn't survive.

Worst of all, lent a pile of good English stuff to a so called mate around 1974. Still waiting for their return - especially the chess demo of the Tiffanies.

I could go on. Hate this thread!!!

Social source share

one of my little girls ran over my copy of falcons 'love you like you've never been loved' on my office chair a while back. hmm. you have to laugh or else you would cry.

Did exactly the same thing! Only it was me on the chair!...record was Velvelettes on I.P.G, on the same day I knocked a pile of CDs onto a pile of 45s and they cracked the top one clean in half...that one was Willie & Handjives - I Gotta Find A New Girl (Veep) whistling.gif

The next record in the pile which survived was...Falcons!!! whistling.gif

Me and you Dan got a lot in common!!!!

My mate 'lost' a 45 and it did turn up a couple of months later lodged in the boot of his car....so don't despair Paul.

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

fancy hacking a boke's wife to death when he's just lent you his axe. where's the gratitude in that? biggrin.gif

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif you know what I meant

Social source share

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif you know what I meant
Did you get the axe back after the trial after all it wasnt his axe?

Ever thought of putting it on the bay biggrin.gif ££££££££

Social source share

Had a fantastic 4-5 hours in Shepards Bush, Record & Tape Exchange and other favourite haunts around that time - early 80's.

Came away with 2 large plastic bags full of 45's & LP's... and left one of them on a tube somehere on my way up to Wembley.

Often wonder whether the person who found them ever got into the music!

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Had a fantastic 4-5 hours in Shepards Bush, Record & Tape Exchange and other favourite haunts around that time - early 80's.

Came away with 2 large plastic bags full of 45's & LP's... and left one of them on a tube somehere on my way up to Wembley.

Sean Hampsey

Hi Sean,

If you've a few other things missing, I've still got them laugh.gif

Will bring them over at CH revival biggrin.gif

Social source share

Sean Hampsey

ouch

reminds me, i bought about 200 quids worth of cheap kit off des parker at caergwle about two years ago.

left at midnight, drove away

next day, suddenly remembered i'd bought some records, wondered where they were...

i'd obviously put them on my roof when opening the car and they were spread all over north wales.

really pissed off cos i couldn't remember what i'd bought and somehow that made it worse. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Ian....I wasn't his neighbour.....I lived across the road.

I think he went into some sort of mental institution ...He'd lost the plot completely....the voices etc.

Social source share

in one of my many attempts to bo be organised in my 46 years, i sorted my records into 3 boxes, one for keeping, one decent stuff for selling, and one to go as a job lot, the job lot went to a well known notts dealer, in the mean time i did a list of my decent stuff for selling got a good selling deal on a gold issue sandra phillips ,challenge my love and hapinness is here on topper, however when i looked in my decent stuff for selling box :angry: bugger all

went to my keeping box :angry: :angry: bugger all

****In ell biggrin.gif ive sent em to notts

p.s if anyone is in paris and on the metro and they find a couple of archie bell eps with good picture covers, please pick them up and send them to me, they may be a bit dusty as i lost them in 1980 whilst on holiday laugh.gif

Social source share

I never lend any records out to mates anymore. Years ago when on the scooter scene lent a copy of The Reflections, Romeo & Juliet to someone, never to be seen again! But sometimes worse than not getting them back at all, is getting them back all scratched! sad.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Like several other attendees, I did a turn at Ady Croasdell's wedding reception in Market Harborough many years ago, and I was followed by a non-Northern/60s DJ who Ady had asked to play some commercial stuff for family etc. He commenced his set by throwing a couple of records into the crowd, including my green and white, TMG 646 "My Weakness Is You" demo, that I'd finished my set with, and that was still on the turntable - waiting to be returned to its sleeve - when he came on.

Despite the fact that everyone present had heard me play it, and the fact that I knew at least 75% of the people in the room, nobody gave it back. Taught me a valuable lesson never to play UK 60s demos in public...

TONE :angry:

Social source share

I never lend any records out to mates anymore. Years ago when on the scooter scene lent a copy of The Reflections, Romeo & Juliet to someone, never to be seen again! But sometimes worse than not getting them back at all, is getting them back all scratched! whistling.gif

I'd call the Reflections jobbie a bonus Ian :yes:

Social source share

... I was followed by a non-Northern/60s DJ who Ady had asked to play some commercial stuff for family etc. He commenced his set by throwing a couple of records into the crowd, including my green and white, TMG 646 "My Weakness Is You" demo, that I'd finished my set with, and that was still on the turntable - waiting to be returned to its sleeve - when he came on.

did you punch the ignorant fucker's teeth in tony? a wedding's no good without a good fight after all.

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

dj'ing at moog bar in nottm couple of years ago (just a local night) i lost a small box of sevens.

came home, left (i thought) my 7s, 12s and albums behind sofa, went to clear away couple days later - no box of sevens. went back to bar - nuthin. turned house upside down. girl who gave me a lift. nuthin nuthin nuthin.

was only only about 20 discs but it still hurts!!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

did you punch the ignorant fucker's teeth in tony? a wedding's no good without a good fight after all.

Pity the Godlike Norris wasn't there, we'd have all ended up in hospital and been mighty glad of it....

T :lol:

Social source share

Guest denmac

what a thread! it`s almost like a confessional.

1.put a small box of tunes in a car that i thought was mine

2.lent a guy some tunes to make a tape. 3 months later i heard he had died and his family had cleared his flat.

3.not me this time but my mate dave gillanders. we came out of the old english at matlock to load the car to go to wigan. we arrive at wigan and dave wants his sale box. shi,,,..,,.t we left it on a wall in the old E car park.went back in the morning....nothing.

4.3 years ago an old friend said i must give you those records you lent me. toni micheals,coasters,universals..,.,. so thats where they went.,.,.,15 years ago. he lives about 1 and half miles away. but in his defence it was good of him to tell me he had them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert