Do You Ever Think "this Should Be Worth More"?

Spot on mate.

Their output of stunning soul music is phenominal. A truly great label.

Peter

:thumbsup:

I used to love those Willie Mitchell productions on Al Green, Syl Johnson, Ann Peebles, kind of 1971 to 1974, that distinctive sound so that you knew straight away that it was that Hi / Willie Mitchell sound, I remember having a poster of Al Green on my wall after the Slade posters came down.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I used to love those Willie Mitchell productions on Al Green, Syl Johnson, Ann Peebles, kind of 1971 to 1974, that distinctive sound so that you knew straight away that it was that Hi / Willie Mitchell sound, I remember having a poster of Al Green on my wall after the Slade posters came down.

What a soul man Willie Mitchell is Pete - writer, producer - brilliant. I love that real southern twang to his stuff - proper soul music.

Nice one Pete.

I was never big on Slade - had a very small window of liking em at primary school, mainly so I could be in the gang.

If you ever get any Hi stuff in I'll more than likely have it off you. :yes:

Peter

Social source share

What a soul man Willie Mitchell is Pete - writer, producer - brilliant. I love that real southern twang to his stuff - proper soul music.

Nice one Pete.

I was never big on Slade - had a very small window of liking em at primary school, mainly so I could be in the gang.

If you ever get any Hi stuff in I'll more than likely have it off you. :yes:

Peter

Primary school eh...making me feel old, they had their first hit just I started seniors in 71, if you lived round here you loved and probably still do love Slade, I do anyway, as I mentioned before, I often see Dave Hill in our post office, he's a miserable old sod.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!