Do You Ever Think "this Should Be Worth More"?

Joe L - (i'm not gonna be) Worried - Clissac .... would get so much more attention if it was worth what I think it should be, as opposed to the tenner you can get it for.

Bloody fantastic record, it has everything an expensive northern tune should.

Social source share

remember getting a cd when i first started getting back into it...had candy in the sand,im a big man,you said etc all expensive records..but  one i loved as much as those was bob brady-love is the master..and it was a fiver! :thumbsup: ..i know its nowhere near as rare as those ive mentioned but you dont see it as much as most of his others which are more expensive?

dean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Joe L - (i'm not gonna be) Worried - Clissac .... would get so much more attention if it was worth what I think it should be, as opposed to the tenner you can get it for.

Bloody fantastic record, it has everything an expensive northern tune should.

Hi Paul

Fav spin of mine it's whats in the groove that counts imho  :) m8 not always the price & rarity  :shhh:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Tommy Mosley - For Her Love

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In The City

When I first heard these two on a tape I feared they were mega bucks...pleased they weren't and indeed still aren't! Love them both.

Dave

Brilliant tune,everyone should own one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Spyder Turner - "I Can't Make It Anymore"

Dells - "Make Sure"

Wales Wallace - "Somebody I Know"

Jimmy Jones "Ain't Nothing Wrong ...... "

Barbara Jean English - "If It Feels This Good"

just listened to this wales wallace. fantastic! i don't really know much about the BRC label. only have the lowrider oldie Nialations - "take you just as you come" on it. thanks for tip!

Social source share

Tommy Mosley - For Her Love

Johnny Moore - Lonely Heart In The City

When I first heard these two on a tape I feared they were mega bucks...pleased they weren't and indeed still aren't! Love them both.

Flynny,

Hey, I got that record you sent me (Dorothy and Hesitation). Sorry I forgot to notify you.

Guess what? That is a perfect example for this list! 

Dorothy & Hesitations: "trying to work on a plan" (best 25 i ever spent!)

~ Leo

• Helpful 3
Social source share

just listened to this wales wallace. fantastic! i don't really know much about the BRC label. only have the lowrider oldie Nialations - "take you just as you come" on it. thanks for tip!

EVERYTHING by Wales Wallace is absolutely brilliant !!!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Flynny,

Hey, I got that record you sent me (Dorothy and Hesitation). Sorry I forgot to notify you.

Guess what? That is a perfect example for this list! 

Dorothy & Hesitations: "trying to work on a plan" (best 25 i ever spent!)

~ Leo

Leo

This is in my playbox for Friday,brilliant dancer imo.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Here's a few...............

5th Dimension - Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya Soul City

Alvin Valentine-There Oughta Be A Law Brunswick

Chimes-The Begining Of My Life Down To Earth

Millie Jackson - Breakaway Spring

Ollie Jackson - Just A Little Time Pepper

Benny Poole-Pearl.Baby Pearl Solid Hit

Liz Lands - One Man's Poison One-derful

Could go on but I'll leave it at that..........for now :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

BRC is Brunswick Record Company 7ts design

Flip side of WW is very good too seen this in sale boxes @ 50 quid going up in value now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! me thinks  :yes:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Here's a few...............

5th Dimension - Don'tcha Hear Me Callin' To Ya Soul City

Alvin Valentine-There Oughta Be A Law Brunswick

Chimes-The Begining Of My Life Down To Earth

Millie Jackson - Breakaway Spring

Ollie Jackson - Just A Little Time Pepper

Benny Poole-Pearl.Baby Pearl Solid Hit

Liz Lands - One Man's Poison One-derful

Could go on but I'll leave it at that..........for now :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Nice - i just played Liz Lands at my monthly gig (in July, I believe)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Check out

Ovations - I'm in love - MGM - superb 5 pound tune - 70's

Manhattans - All I need is your love - Carnival - pick one up for under 20 quid - sounds like a thousand pound 60's nighter rarity.

Adam.

Adam

Tune,new to me & spot on with your description :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Said it before and I'll say it again, The Young Folk - Lonely Girl - MarVLus (also UK President) oh my goodness what a record, always reminds me of the Admirations on Peaches and Paree, one of those records that people can't even be bothered to listen to because they have seen it in cheap boxes for the last 40 years but it is truly stupendous. Also released on the same label as Miss Madeline with a different B side. This is one of my favourite records ever.

Pete

The same could be said about Juanita Williams-Baby Boy Golden World,awesome tune with a B side nearly as good.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Pete

The same could be said about Juanita Williams-Baby Boy Golden World,awesome tune with a B side nearly as good.

Cheers

Martyn

Thats another of my favourite records (Baby Boy) when you think of that rubbish thing on Northern De la that went for £1000 last week and you can still get this for £20 or so

Social source share

Theresa Lindsey Daddy O Golden World.

In reality a £10.00 tune because it is so readily available but it is the absolute epitome of a 1960's Detroit soul production. Spine tingling.

Great flip side with I'll bet you which deserves to be up there with the best.

I remember going as a guest on the Mary Fox show a few years ago on Radio Stoke and giving her The Daddy O Golden World 45 to play off one her decks which she championed and totally blew her away and she hammered and promoted to death and soon became massively in demand. I then sold my demo on Ebay for £100.00.Dont know what it fetches now but what a tune

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrnUWyL5_o

Social source share

I think there is a difference between a nice tune and a premier division contender....top of my head.Got To Have You-Four Tempos,June Taylor-Jealous Heart,Benny Harper-Don't Let It Happen To You,Eddie Holman-A Free Country,Darrow Fletcher- I Like The Way I Feel,Herman griffin-Are You For Me....or Against Me.

Social source share

Theresa Lindsey Daddy O Golden World.

In reality a £10.00 tune because it is so readily available but it is the absolute epitome of a 1960's Detroit soul production. Spine tingling.

Great flip side with I'll bet you which deserves to be up there with the best.

I remember going as a guest on the Mary Fox show a few years ago on Radio Stoke and giving her The Daddy O Golden World 45 to play off one her decks which she championed and totally blew her away and she hammered and promoted to death and soon became massively in demand. I then sold my demo on Ebay for £100.00.Dont know what it fetches now but what a tune

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkrnUWyL5_o

That was the one I meant - not Baby Boy, but Daddy O.  But whoever paid £100 for that, send him my way  :lol:

Social source share

one i loved as much as those was bob brady-love is the master..and it was a fiver! :thumbsup: ..i know its nowhere near as rare as those ive mentioned but you dont see it as much as most of his others which are more expensive?

dean

Totally agree Dean - a record that never got the recognition or exposure it deserves.  Nothing like any of their other Chariot sides either.  Another record introduced to me by Nick Brown all those years ago.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

My last contribution for the evening - Quiet Elegance, stunning soul music. Ten dollars for this is taking the proverbial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89e5k3TSGZ8

Peter

:thumbsup:

Hi's the label if you want a good quality to price ratio on your 70s. For years I've loved o v wright 'were still together',for which a fiver should get you 5 copies

Edited by penny
Social source share

Hi's the label if you want a good quality to price ratio on your 70s. For years I've loved o v wright 'were still together',for which a fiver should get you 5 copies

Spot on mate.

Their output of stunning soul music is phenominal. A truly great label.

Peter

:thumbsup:

PS - Yes O V Wright is wonderful - gonna dig that out.

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!