Marvin Gaye Documentary Tonight

Shinehead

Do they still have tapes Peter?  :face:

Or are you intending a different, more up to date formula  :lol:

Thanks for the alert guys - gonna tune in - hope it's a good one!

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

Tapes, thingys, cassettes, bottom boxes - it's all so, well, confusing isn't it. :dash2:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Cheers Graham. Not seen it before - I'll tape it.

Peter

Peter, Make sure you keep the tape running for "Charles Bradley: The Soul Of America" at 23.50 following the Marvin docu 

Not to be missed mate

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Peter, Make sure you keep the tape running for "Charles Bradley: The Soul Of America" which follows the Marvin docu. 

Hi Dave

Is the Charles Bradley programme different to the one that aired ealrier this year? I've seen that and have it recorded somewhere - great programme and a great talent.

Peter

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi Dave

Is the Charles Bradley programme different to the one that aired ealrier this year? I've seen that and have it recorded somewhere - great programme and a great talent.

Peter

It's the same one mate 

Social source share

Really enjoyed both programmes.

I found out a  lot about Marvin Gaye and didn't realise before what a troubled soul he was.

Wow - that man Charles Bradley can sing. He's had, and is still having, a tough life - as his whole family seems to have.

A resounding theme between both films was that the incredible soulfulness of both singers was rooted in trauma and drama in their personal lives - the harder things got the better and more soulful their singing became - very interesting  :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Peter, Make sure you keep the tape running for "Charles Bradley: The Soul Of America" at 23.50 following the Marvin docu

Not to be missed mate

Thanks for the reminder, I must get tickets for his forthcoming gig :)

Is the Marvin doc on iPlayer?

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Just a heads up to a Marvin Docu. on tonight at 10.50 on B.B.C.4, its a repeat but still worth a watch.

It certainly was  :thumbsup:  

I cried at the Marvin Gaye one, and then I cried at the Charles Bradley one after  :lol: (tears of happiness for Charles  :thumbsup:

The Marvin one was obviously extremely sad  :(  but a MUST watch 

Cheers for the heads up  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It certainly was  :thumbsup:

I cried at the Marvin Gaye one, and then I cried at the Charles Bradley one after  :lol: (tears of happiness for Charles  :thumbsup:

The Marvin one was obviously extremely sad  :(  but a MUST watch 

Cheers for the heads up  :thumbsup:

Sure is a sad story regarding Marvin Ali, must admit though, its the 1st time I have heard Berry Gordy admit he was wrong in the stance he took over the "Whats Going On" set, every other interview I have seen with him talking about it, he came over as if he was in on the project when we all knew he was dead against it. and I have always thought "the two faced b-----d".

Kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sure is a sad story regarding Marvin Ali, must admit though, its the 1st time I have heard Berry Gordy admit he was wrong in the stance he took over the "Whats Going On" set, every other interview I have seen with him talking about it, he came over as if he was in on the project when we all knew he was dead against it. and I have always thought "the two faced b-----d".

Kev

He's still a smarmy git though  :D

Ali x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!