Drew Sleeves

vinylvibe

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Global Records in Manchester and the US warehouse in Philadelphia had thousands of If This Is Love and Instant Heartbreak and I'm sure all had plain sleeves. Does the "usual sources" you mention include that web site (not sure what it's called) that has loads of sleeves pictured. Also Richard (Premium Stuff) is the one to ask, and will probably let you know soon.

Rick

Social source share

Yes, it's the Laurie sleeves for the later Precisions releases on Drew - have had a handful in those Laurie sleeves and they look nice, but most in plain sleeves whether early or later numbers.

Otherwise, there was not a Sidra sleeve unfortunately. There was a lovely Sound company one which was connected to Sidra - but that wouldn't qualify for Drew records.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

the last couple of releases where distributed by Laurie, I've had both 1004 and 1005 in Laurie company sleeves. Before that, a subsidiary of Sidra, I've not seen Sidra company sleeves though?

Steve

never noticed that. Is there anything on the label referring to a Laurie distribution apart from the matrix #?

Social source share

slight tangent - the later releases I have on white labels. I presume they are promotional copies but they don't state that anywhere on the label. I've seen blue labelled copies which i presume to be stock issues, but the early releases all have some identification on them to class them as promotional ( DJ copy not for sale, PLUG SIDE etc)

Think I've seen some white labelled copies with a printed star on them ( a place for example, but not on all copies) is that supposed to signify a promo?

( sorry, if this should be another thread can the mods shift it for me)

Social source share

slight tangent - the later releases I have on white labels. I presume they are promotional copies but they don't state that anywhere on the label. I've seen blue labelled copies which i presume to be stock issues, but the early releases all have some identification on them to class them as promotional ( DJ copy not for sale, PLUG SIDE etc)

Think I've seen some white labelled copies with a printed star on them ( a place for example, but not on all copies) is that supposed to signify a promo?

( sorry, if this should be another thread can the mods shift it for me)

Yes, there are numerous variations of some Drew releases as far as promo notifications, different fonts, stars etc. go - Instant Heartbreak being one of the more notable

ones.

Social source share

Yes, the white issues of Instant Heartbreak are promos, and the star indicates "plug side".  I've been seeing Drew records since their start, and only seen them in plain white, plain brown or Laurie sleeves.  That Drew sleeve was clearly made after 2000 AD, by a fan/  I've never seen it in my 47 years of looking at 45s since Drew was started.

Social source share

Yes, the white issues of Instant Heartbreak are promos, and the star indicates "plug side".  I've been seeing Drew records since their start, and only seen them in plain white, plain brown or Laurie sleeves.  That Drew sleeve was clearly made after 2000 AD, by a fan/  I've never seen it in my 47 years of looking at 45s since Drew was started.

but Robb, also white issues with no star as well. (1004)

steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert