Warp Removal Service

Pete S

More info on the machine they use.......... it's about $2000 to buy

This mark 2 version of the Furutech vinyl LP flattener is better than ever. Any warped 12" singles or LPs can be brought back to their original state using this device. Well worth the investment to restore your vinyl to pristine condition.

Ultimate Performance - Ultimate Refinement - Ultimate Luxury

Every vinyl enthusiast has records in their collection, or has come across LPs they’d love to own, that were just too warped for any cartridge/arm to track. The DF-2 is the one-stop, one-button solution to your problems! The DF-2 provides controlled-heat, perfect flattening to all your warped records - even those with only slight irregularities that are just enough to unsettle your cartridge and cause mis-tracking.

Warps are bad news no matter how you look at it. If the arm/cartridge remains parallel to the LP’s surface (as with a flat record), VTA (Vertical Tracking Angle) remains unchanged throughout every rotation. Additionally, as the arm/cartridge tracks a warp on its upside, it places greater pressure on the stylus which changes VTF (Vertical Tracking Force) until the peak of the warp, whereupon the cartridge becomes “unloaded” with too little VTF on the way down.

Of course, all this muddles the sound; changing the tonal quality, imaging and soundstage characteristics of the cartridge. A flat record also tracks better with less distortion.

The DF-2 doesn’t take up much room with its space-saving, vertical storage design. Improved film heating technology optimises the entire heating and cooling cycle for a perfectly flat LP that your cartridge, and you, will love. Just lay the DF-2 flat, open and place the LP on the guides, close and tap a single button. An LCD keeps you informed of its progress, with a tone sounding when the process is complete.

The DF-2 is an upgraded version of the original DFV-1.

“Furutech applies scientific methodologies, perfectly sane engineering and pretty
fanatical execution to all of its products.”

-- Srajan Ebaen, 6moons.com

“… After a session with the DFV-1, it was flat”
“… I found the DFV-1 Disc Flattener effective for banishing warps from LPs”

-- Michael Fremer, Stereophile October 2007

“…The Furutech DFV-1 performed exactly as advertised and I can say that I wouldn‘t change a thing about it”
-- John Potis, 6moons October 2007

“…The DFV-1 flattened any warped LP I threw at, no matter the weight or warping, and did so without damaging the LP in any way I could see or hear”
-- John Crossett, Soundstage September 2007

Rating 115V±10% AC Line 2A fuse
European model 230V±10% AC Line 2A fuse
Energy Consumption 100W (max) 25W (Norm)
Heating plate maximum temp. 65Ž
Size: 445mm/17” W x 117mm/20” H x 547mm/7” D - Weight: 11kg/20lbs approx.
Safe Usage Environment:
Humidity 20% - 90% (No condensation)
Temperature: 5C/41F — 35C/95F

IMPORTANT:
The following LPs should not be treated in the DF-2:
1) LPs weighing less than 110g.
2) Light LPs that were manufactured between 1973-74 (Oil crisis) weights range from 100g to 115g.

Please get in touch for preferred payment methods for this item, as we may offer a discount for a payment method that does not incur any transaction fee.

FREE AUDIOPHILE-GRADE MAINS POWER LEAD WITH ALL PURCHASES.

A review of the Furutech DF-2

Another review of the DF-2

A review of the DF-2 from Hi-Fi World

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

More info on the machine they use.......... it's about $2000 to buy

This mark 2 version of the Furutech vinyl LP flattener is better than ever. Any warped 12" singles or LPs can be brought back to their original state using this device. Well worth the investment to restore your vinyl to pristine condition.

Ultimate Performance - Ultimate Refinement - Ultimate Luxury

Every vinyl enthusiast has records in their collection, or has come across LPs they’d love to own, that were just too warped for any cartridge/arm to track. The DF-2 is the one-stop, one-button solution to your problems! The DF-2 provides controlled-heat, perfect flattening to all your warped records - even those with only slight irregularities that are just enough to unsettle your cartridge and cause mis-tracking.

Warps are bad news no matter how you look at it. If the arm/cartridge remains parallel to the LP’s surface (as with a flat record), VTA (Vertical Tracking Angle) remains unchanged throughout every rotation. Additionally, as the arm/cartridge tracks a warp on its upside, it places greater pressure on the stylus which changes VTF (Vertical Tracking Force) until the peak of the warp, whereupon the cartridge becomes “unloaded” with too little VTF on the way down.

Of course, all this muddles the sound; changing the tonal quality, imaging and soundstage characteristics of the cartridge. A flat record also tracks better with less distortion.

The DF-2 doesn’t take up much room with its space-saving, vertical storage design. Improved film heating technology optimises the entire heating and cooling cycle for a perfectly flat LP that your cartridge, and you, will love. Just lay the DF-2 flat, open and place the LP on the guides, close and tap a single button. An LCD keeps you informed of its progress, with a tone sounding when the process is complete.

The DF-2 is an upgraded version of the original DFV-1.

“Furutech applies scientific methodologies, perfectly sane engineering and pretty

fanatical execution to all of its products.”

-- Srajan Ebaen, 6moons.com

“… After a session with the DFV-1, it was flat”

“… I found the DFV-1 Disc Flattener effective for banishing warps from LPs”

-- Michael Fremer, Stereophile October 2007

“…The Furutech DFV-1 performed exactly as advertised and I can say that I wouldn‘t change a thing about it”

-- John Potis, 6moons October 2007

“…The DFV-1 flattened any warped LP I threw at, no matter the weight or warping, and did so without damaging the LP in any way I could see or hear”

-- John Crossett, Soundstage September 2007

Rating 115V±10% AC Line 2A fuse

European model 230V±10% AC Line 2A fuse

Energy Consumption 100W (max) 25W (Norm)

Heating plate maximum temp. 65Ž

Size: 445mm/17” W x 117mm/20” H x 547mm/7” D - Weight: 11kg/20lbs approx.

Safe Usage Environment:

Humidity 20% - 90% (No condensation)

Temperature: 5C/41F — 35C/95F

IMPORTANT:

The following LPs should not be treated in the DF-2:

1) LPs weighing less than 110g.

2) Light LPs that were manufactured between 1973-74 (Oil crisis) weights range from 100g to 115g.

Please get in touch for preferred payment methods for this item, as we may offer a discount for a payment method that does not incur any transaction fee.

FREE AUDIOPHILE-GRADE MAINS POWER LEAD WITH ALL PURCHASES.

A review of the Furutech DF-2

Another review of the DF-2

A review of the DF-2 from Hi-Fi World

Sheeat Dave!

You sound like a professor of academia!

Interesting stuff though buddy.

Peter

Social source share

I bought two records Brad flattened for a customer.

According to the seller both were warped and unplayable. Now they're flat and play absolutely fine. One no warp at all. The other one hardly noticeable.

So whatever magical machine Brad uses, it does the trick.

Social source share

most dewarping machines don't work that well on 7"s. brad specializes in 7"s so he has more experience on what to do. you can actually make a record less playable by flattening it as the grooves are distorted once the record is warped. when you flatten it you don't un-distort the grooves. so instead of the needle just jerking up and down, it can have a much more pronounced jerk back-and-forth. so the record will be flat but won't be trackable as the needle will jerk back and forth too sharply, whereas before you could make it track with extra force when it was mostly going up and down. this most commonly happens with heat warps. 

Social source share

most dewarping machines don't work that well on 7"s. brad specializes in 7"s so he has more experience on what to do. you can actually make a record less playable by flattening it as the grooves are distorted once the record is warped. when you flatten it you don't un-distort the grooves. so instead of the needle just jerking up and down, it can have a much more pronounced jerk back-and-forth. so the record will be flat but won't be trackable as the needle will jerk back and forth too sharply, whereas before you could make it track with extra force when it was mostly going up and down. this most commonly happens with heat warps. 

Bob's right, if you have a heat warp, your find the grooves have slightly stretched and if it plays leave it alone. Brad always says he can't do anything on these. He only works on records with storage warps, these even fairly severe ones can be improved..

Social source share

This is a Japanese product which can be used for 12"s or LPs but NOT for singles.  My friend told me that he has tried this machine and found his warped LP completely became flat without warp any longer.  Very good machine but expensive even in Japan.  Hope a Japanese company release the same machine for the singes in future. :)

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL   A year ago, I thought I had sussed out a cheap way to solve most edge warps that cause much annoyance when we try to play a record, with the use of a hand held steamer that I got from Lidles for £25, initial successes made me believe I had cracked this problem, however it is more like hit & miss 50 - 50 as I did not take in account the different plastics that are used, I would not dismiss the concept, but needs more research to make it reliable, TRY IT WITH CARE :huh: DAVE K

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!