Monday's Forgotten Oldie

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

come on then, rip me to shreds on this one too!

more pop soul for the elitists i guess

good track in my book :shades: so i dont care

waaaaaahhhhh!! ranting_1.gif

This is one of the best records I've ever heard. Even my daughter liked this and she hated "my music". Brilliant. What a great melody as well.

Social source share

I give up - how can you like that and hate gia mateo - they couldve been recorded one after the other!

I'll never understand that one ranting_1.gif

Cos Gia Mateo is utter crap pop and Karmello Brooks sounds like a soul record. Better song, better singer, 1000% better record and it sounds f*ck all like Gia mateo.

Social source share

Cos Gia Mateo is utter crap pop and Karmello Brooks sounds like a soul record. Better song, better singer, 1000% better record and it sounds f*ck all like Gia mateo.

have to agree with Pete - not against pop stuff by any means mate ...as there are some crackin' poppy northern tunes out there (samantha jones, karen sue, jackie trent, numerous outsiders stuff, et al) - it's just that the Gia Mateo track does nothing for me...but whatever rocks yer boat

Social source share

thumbsup.gif:shades: I'll hold him while you break his Gia Mateo Pete!

I'm pretty sure there was a Karmello Brooks that appeared in a couple of 70s blaxploitation movies. I'd think it's a safe bet that they are one and the same. Anyway, Milestsone is a jazz label ain't it? And she certainly phrases like a jazzer.

Who said she was a pop singer anyway? Magnificent record.

Godz

Social source share

come on then, rip me to shreds on this one too!

more pop soul for the elitists i guess

good track in my book :P so i dont care

waaaaaahhhhh!! :wicked:

Great tune ......sold mine about 6 months ago.....£1800.........Dead on two minutes long

Best tune on the label.........very popular still .......ATB steve

Social source share

You sold your "soul" Mr Z....don't know how you could part with it....
As`you know Tony....went towards a holiday home! Plus you can hear it off a CD......ATB MR Z.........ps are you now upstairs or down :wicked: Played out at Whalley and Billington with a MR Shard in attendance........got to say he was totally honest in saying he didn't know any I played.......but he did express his point of view......ALL brill :wicked: IN his HO......that was a long ps :P Edited by steve z
Social source share

As`you know Tony....went towards a holiday home! Plus you can hear it off a CD......ATB MR Z.........ps are you now upstairs or down :wicked: Played out at Whalley and Billington with a MR Shard in attendance........got to say he was totally honest in saying he didn't know any I played.......but he did express his point of view......ALL brill :wicked: IN his HO......that was a long pm :P

Back up stairs now Steve, but thinking about an early night...always had a good ear for a tune did Rod, I hope he's well, you never know it might encourage him to pay us a visit at the Greatstone....

Social source share

I'm pretty sure there was a Karmello Brooks that appeared in a couple of 70s blaxploitation movies. I'd think it's a safe bet that they are one and the same. Anyway, Milestsone is a jazz label ain't it? And she certainly phrases like a jazzer.

Godz

I found a Broadway cast album with her on from the 60's...lost the info now though...

Social source share

Back up stairs now Steve, but thinking about an early night...always had a good ear for a tune did Rod, I hope he's well, you never know it might encourage him to pay us a visit at the Greatstone....
Hi Tony ,he only lives less than a mile away from Whalley.....Did give him an invite to the Greatstone,knowing you'd approve! :wicked: Steve
Social source share

Guest johnm

I give up - how can you like that and hate gia mateo - they couldve been recorded one after the other!

I'll never understand that one whistling.gif

both sound good to me but if I had to pick then it would be Miss Brooks she has a bit more 'growl' in her voice.............

Social source share

Anyway, Milestsone is a jazz label ain't it? And she certainly phrases like a jazzer.

Godz

I completely agree - effing brilliant record, and one I could never tire of.

Yes, Milestone was a jazz label. A few UK LP releases came out here on CBS.

Social source share

Guest rachel

Love this, though not sure I'd call it 'forgotten'... anyway, great, whatever pigeon hole you choose to put it in, definitely one of my 'if I ever win the lottery' buys :lol:

Edited by rachel
Social source share

Love this, though not sure I'd call it 'forgotten'... anyway, great, whatever pigeon hole you choose to put it in, definitely one of my 'if I ever win the lottery' buys :D

yes I agree. It's interesting to hear what some people regard as forgotten, and others regard as played out (also re the other thread elsewhere)... I would tend to think of this as falling more into the latter category but seeing as I absolutely love it (and the other side) I wouldn't care how many times or how regularly I heard it out..... 1800 quid stevie z, whoosh, that's a lorra lorra cash :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert