Ebay Scam - Timmie Williams

Frank

I know who is listing this and he is a thief. Do not bid, cancel your snipes. The record does not exist. There's a queue of people waiting to have a quiet word with him but he's in hiding!

NORTHERN SOUL TIMMIE WILLIAMS "Competition" US 7" eBay Item number 100500940062

He stole the scan from a previous listing which can be seen here https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4878379215 Cheers, Frank Driscoll
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know who is listing this and he is a thief. Do not bid, cancel your snipes. The record does not exist. There's a queue of people waiting to have a quiet word with him but he's in hiding!

NORTHERN SOUL TIMMIE WILLIAMS "Competition" US 7" eBay Item number 100500940062

He stole the scan from a previous listing which can be seen here https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4878379215 Cheers, Frank Driscoll

Long way to go and hide.... Australia....

Link tidied up.... https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=100500940062....

Social source share

Guys,

Frank is in Australia and if he says the guy 'auctioning' the record is dodgy I guess it would be best to take heed.

Sean

A new E-bay member and zero feedback, I'd be suspicious.

I'll e-mail him asking if he would use an escrow service.

I'll post up the reply, if I get one.

Social source share

Guys,

Frank is in Australia and if he says the guy 'auctioning' the record is dodgy I guess it would be best to take heed.

Sean

Ey up Sean....

Just presumed he meant hiding from buyers over here.... hence comment on distance/location of seller....

Wasn't questioning it being "dodgy".... new seller with a "borrowed" scan says it all ranting_1.gif ....

Social source share

Ey up Sean....

Just presumed he meant hiding from buyers over here.... hence comment on distance/location of seller....

Wasn't questioning it being "dodgy".... new seller with a "borrowed" scan says it all ranting_1.gif ....

Gotcha Mark!

Wasn't sure if you (or everyone else) knew that Frank resides in Ozzie land. You're dead right about zero feedback and pinched scan being a bit of a giveaway.

:shades:

Cheers

Sean

Social source share

I actually got a reply:-

"What Is Escrow? I don't think we have it here in Australia. I mainly would use Western Union or bank deposit. They are the best here. Thanks."

After re reading the auction his preferred payment is

"Overseas Buyers: Bank Deposit / Western Union Transfer / Cash in Registered Envelope."

That probably says it all.

Social source share

Steve,

I've a few Northern Ireland Bank notes I've been trying to get shut of.

Will do a 2 for 1 if you like?

:wicked:

Sean

You go steady Sean.

Don't want you getting locked up before July 29th

2 for 1 ? Let me get this right, I give you 2 English pounds for 1 Irish pound - Sounds good to me :P

Social source share

Guys,

Sean

Only got ourselves to blame.

Wasn't it us who sent all the crooks to Australia in the 1st place :wicked:

Social source share

Only got ourselves to blame.

Wasn't it us who sent all the crooks to Australia in the 1st place :P

:wicked:

....you just wait til we beat you in the soccer ! :wicked:

Frank's from Melbourne and has seen this character before. He did a spot of investigating last time if I remember correctly. Best one to ask imho, always has been.

m

Social source share

Guest franky m
why not ask this guy for a better scan, perhaps a scan of the flip, too :P
I have asked him to send me a SCAM of the b side , :wicked:
Social source share

"I'm not a huge fan of any of the Beatles CD releases - their songs were recorded with the intention of being released on vinyl, and as far as I am concerned, that is the way they should be heard." Geoff Emerick

Sorry completely off topic but just copied one guys signature from that link on the record collectors guild forum, made me smile whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert