Latin Influenced Soul

Guest meaty

Cholo Riveria on Cotique, me and the "Boss" Mike used to like this one (forgotten title and can't be bothered to find it) also Frankie Nieves on Speed, also the LP by Mr Nieves.

Lastly Bebel Gilberto LP release a few years back, just bordering on Soul.

Social source share

• Replies 74
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Surely a candidate for the greatest Latin influenced Soul / RnB record ever played on the soul scene is:

" Call On Me" : Bobby Bland

Old timers from the Wheel tell me this was a massive favourite at the time, made all the more surprising because it was played as an import, it was never released on a UK Seven !

:D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

The New Latin Breed - Heads Head is rather good and will no doubt feature at some point at "You Know You Got Soul" in Chelmsford August 27th

Sorry for the plug, but it's a charity event so you can't knock me for it

Social source share

The New Latin Breed - Heads Head is rather good and will no doubt feature at some point at "You Know You Got Soul" in Chelmsford August 27th :shhh:

Sorry for the plug, but it's a charity event so you can't knock me for it :shhh:

:lol: Fekkin' brilliant, that one, both sides!!! Worth a visit for that cut alone, although I would'nt doubt a sick set that evening...

A little out of the way from Los Angeles though whistling.gif

Anyone on this thread heard The Montereys (East La vocal group 1964-5 ?) on Arwin's tune "It hurts me so"? :yes:

Find it while its still affordable, you'll be glad you did.... :)

El Chicano deserve some investigation as well :(

The V.I>P's

The Lad Teens....

Start here! :(

https://markguerrero.net/links.php

Social source share

Here's one I've been after for some time and obtained on Sat night. Trying to explain to Steve Cato what its like so hopefully he'll catch this download. Its Roy Hamilton - b side to You can count on me.

Would love to hear this but can't load it...I get real player ok,can it be sent in that format...

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Would love to hear this but can't load it...I get real player ok,can it be sent in that format...

I'll try Stevie and put it up. Apologies.

Social source share

Hi Stevie ,I was on about this tune in the old school v modern soul thread ...love it, great tune,dunno why but it puts a big stupid grin on my face.no idea what its fetching though

Bazza

Social source share

Guest SteveC

Stevie - the format is MP3 but it may depend on your settings. Always had problems converting files etc but try again with this. Should be OK if you've got Windows Media Player.

If thats no good I'll put a CD together and make sure its on it.

Edited by SteveC
Social source share

This the tune that is really doin' it for me right now......................just lurvvvvvvvvvvve this.

Harvey Averne Dozen - Never Learned to Dance...............just drags ya kickin & screamin onto the floor !!!!! 'Do it to Me Bass Man'. The breaks are to die for, the dancers should be demanding this, latin soul for the dancefloor & then some.

Russ

Social source share

Guest Trevski

This the tune that is really doin' it for me right now......................just lurvvvvvvvvvvve this.

Harvey Averne Dozen - Never Learned to Dance...............just drags ya kickin & screamin onto the floor !!!!! 'Do it to Me Bass Man'. The breaks are to die for, the dancers should be demanding this, latin soul for the dancefloor & then some.

Russ

Anyone not heard Harvey Averne, check out his other stuff on the jukebox laugh.png "Think it over" Top notch!
averne_harv_vivasoul__101b.jpg(post-1355

Anyone notice King Errison appearing in the background of a scene in Dr. No, BTW?? (I think it was Dr No, defo a Connery Bond anyhoo laugh.gif )
Social source share

we play latin tinged music from right through the 60s at Pow Wow club in Sheffield. From stuff like Bobby Scott - i gotta run now from late 50s / early 60s via stuff like David Coleman 'drown my heart' & Benny Spellman 'this is for you...' to stuff from the late 60s / early 70s, like this one which is pretty good, a Jimmy SAbater 45 on Tico. Middle 8's a bit dodgy but wait till the end...'roll wit yo bad self momma!':

Absolutley in love with this track at the moment !!! Saw a copy go for a pittance on Ebay about 12 months ago, was about to bid & computor had a wobbly !

Adding to the thread, always liked those tracks with a bit of latin influence. One of the first, & one of my favourites, which i don't think anyone has mentioned, "Johnny Caswell - You Don't Love Me Anymore :lol:

Social source share

IF ITS ANY HELP ,INSTEAD OF CLICKING ON THE FILE ,RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET THEN LOCATE THE FILE AND IT SHOULD PLAY OK FROM THERE.

NEV

Social source share

Russ

Must say, probably one of my favourite latin licks also Russ. Got a mention in my 2005 Cleethorpes reveiw wicked.gif Weren't you selling it?
Social source share

Got a VG+++ issue copy of this for £200 if anyone's interested. PM me if you are.

Warren

Russ
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert