Barbara Middleton - Come On Back To Me (Trc)

Ljblanken

hey, i have two copies of this single, and both are white label promos. in fact, i don't think i've ever seen a stock copy. do they exist?

i know northern folks play the A-side...

...but do people ever spin the FANTASTIC b-side as well? ("I wonder why")? just curious. it has some odd tempo changes, but is so RAD! 

Social source share

I've had the record on a white promo and all the copies on Popsike are the same so regular stock copies must be scarce. I think that the if the record didn't sell well on release, distributors sent back the stock for credit and off loaded the worthless demos. A company like Tangerine wouldn't want their reputation tarnished by having loads of records in the bargain bins so destroyed the returns. 

Other records were thought to exist on demo only but have turned up on stock copies so maybe there are copies out there somewhere.

Great record in my opinion , but not one for the dance floor.

Rick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've had the record on a white promo and all the copies on Popsike are the same so regular stock copies must be scarce. I think that the if the record didn't sell well on release, distributors sent back the stock for credit and off loaded the worthless demos. A company like Tangerine wouldn't want their reputation tarnished by having loads of records in the bargain bins so destroyed the returns. 

Other records were thought to exist on demo only but have turned up on stock copies so maybe there are copies out there somewhere.

Rick

I used to play this to a good dance floor reaction, right time and place I suppose?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Rick

Always had this down as an early doors play,shuffler to warm things up.Quality mid tempo.

Social source share

"I Wonder Why" was on one of Guy Hennigans tapes that did the rounds during the mid-80's...don't think he played it out much though.

Love COBTM though her vocal is questionable in places...but forgivable :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!