Playlists

Agentsmith

COME ON PEOPLE,......WHAT'S GOING ON??.....i'm viewing the playlists all the time and for some inconceivable reason they've dried up........HAVE YOU ALL OF A SUDDEN DEVELOPED INFERIORITY COMPLEXES ABOUT WHATS IN YOUR BOXES??.....COME ON,....FRESHEN UP THE SOURCE!!

Agentsmith

Go to Refosoul for mine at least you can hear them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Well most of them   :huh:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Edited by DjAKA
Social source share

Agentsmith

Go to Refosoul for mine at least you can hear them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

Well most of them   :huh:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

right kev, see there's the thought.....would everyone agree...perhaps events playlists and refosoul should merge?,...so then all those unknown ( well, to me anyway ) tunes could be heard as well....or is that just too time consuming?......YES, I KNOW THERE'S YOUTUBE BUT YOU DON'T GET EVERYTHING ON THERE, DO YOU?...IT'S NOT FLAWLESS.... :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

right kev, see there's the thought.....would everyone agree...perhaps events playlists and refosoul should merge?,...so then all those unknown ( well, to me anyway ) tunes could be heard as well....or is that just too time consuming?......YES, I KNOW THERE'S YOUTUBE BUT YOU DON'T GET EVERYTHING ON THERE, DO YOU?...IT'S NOT FLAWLESS.... :g:

Totally agree with you on everything you say agentsmith

but even the 1s not on YT will turn up on YT eventually would'nt they ?

Yes i think the unkowns should be heard so yes it would be nice to have Refo & Event Playlists together !!!!!!!!!!!!!

& yes it would be more time consuming but SS would be better for it if DJ's gave a bit more time & effort to listing

playlist ,I for would relish the merger but that is only my point of view 

the way i've put tunes on Refo is that i can post up the Records i own & love playing & put over the tastes i have

in my play boxes & i don't after ask for other members to post up for me now 

Refosoul came to my aid   :thumbsup:

Edited by DjAKA
Social source share

Like Chalky says, i find it annoying when a playlist is requested, sorry 'Bubba' it ain't that easy, put your hand in your pocket, support a venue..And ask the DJ if you are that bothered, any decent jock will show you the record they played...Is this all to do with the internet age and that God awful sloven laziness, come on guys we never used to be like this !!

Social source share

I put what I play in the back of the box, so they sit there till I can chuck 'em out next time I spin a few, so even when I get slotto'd they are still  there, but some have no sleeves, some are in wrong sleeves etc. lol, so using this system I've just put what I played last Sat. at the Crown on here @ 10mins ago...result te he :D

Edited by tosspot
Social source share

So, where does that leave people outside the UK and on the other side of the world who like to keep abreast of what is happening on the scene ?

It means you have to buy that plane ticket or come live here and pay into the system, nothing is free in this World, if one country is ahead of another in a musical genre then tough, you makes your choices in this world . Period !

Social source share

bloody hell Brett did u drop your teddy in the pot this morning :lol:

Hi Ted, trust you're well mate, yeah I'm a bit tetchy today :) .. Tomorrow I'll be a pussycat ;)

Social source share

I personally don't put play lists up because I strongly believe you can't tell what a venue is like by play lists alone - Some tunes sound so right 'at the right time, in the right atmosphere, on the right night'..... I finished a set with 'Chic - Good Times' the other night, everyone was dancing and smiling - It wouldn't have looked the same on a play list......Yes, I know there's 'general interest', but I think the latter cancels it out, so I don't do it (obviously I also don't want 'D.J's' nicking my ideas) :D 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

'Chic - Good Times'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g6bUe5MDRo

Edited by LEN
Social source share

it does seem to be drying up a bit..maybe after all the pages discussing seans rugby sets some are a bit afraid of theirs being scrutinised so deeply

maybe some are scared it will be revealed to look the same every time :wicked: most probably just don't have the time

I always scribble mine down in a book when I get home..started because of doing a monthly night and can never remember what id played and while maybe a third are faves that get played a lot I wanted to make sure I changed it up a bit and played first time spins

almost always put mine on here..certainly not dick swinging about rarites! :( or keeping any of mine to myself most are known by ss members anyway!....while I agree its hard to say how a list went down if you were not there I hope it does show potential gogoers what we do and play

would like to see more

dean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If some are that bothered by what others play get yourselves out and listen to them.

Chalks

I totally agree & we've spoke about this before,also the problem of dj's working hard to find something a little different & some lazy arse just clicking on the net & buying one to put in there playbox.I totally understand that.

The other side of the coin for me is I like to share what I'm playing & I'm never going to have anything that mind blowingly different that it needs to be kept under wraps,I can't imagine people rushing to e-bay after seeing my playlist (maybe to the Exit Doors :D).Plus it helps some venues get there identity out there,it allows promotors to project there night to wider audience,which in turn allows punters to think I don't/do like what's been played there I'll give it a go or not as the case maybe?

A case of each to there own I think as I can see both sides.

Cheers

Martyn

PS Anyone want to see my playlist from Empty Bottles last night :wicked:

Social source share

I have never asked any of my guest DJs to post playlists over the years, some have done by choice..I can see both sides of the coin on this, some lazy feckers trawling playlists to cherry pick tunes... Some folk just curious and like to see playlists... Some post and others don't, no pleading on here will change that..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!