Advice On Selling Required

Grayman45

I have a load of boots/2nd issues to sell. I am wondering how to go about this for the best. Is Ebay worth the hassle? If not, where else? Should I try to sell a few together or all separate? What sort of postage should I get? Do records need to be bubble wrapped or not. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Social source share

I have a load of boots/2nd issues to sell. I am wondering how to go about this for the best. Is Ebay worth the hassle? If not, where else? Should I try to sell a few together or all separate? What sort of postage should I get? Do records need to be bubble wrapped or not. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I for one would be very interested in buying some - do you have a list of prices and condition (vinyl & label)??

Thanks,

Pete

Social source share

you prob best off puttin them on ebay,some boots have fetched daft money on there,id sell them seperately too to get the best price for each one,postage about £2.50p each record i think ? post them in a proper cardboard record mailer with 2 cardboard stiffeners one either side of record,no bubble wrap needed really if u pack them well,hope this helps bud

jason

Social source share

Guest Andy Carling

You could just list them on here for a fixed sale price, if you sell them on ebay they take a percentage of the sale 10% I think, and charge you for listing them as well, (although they do have freelisting weekends every now and again).

Cheers

Andy

Social source share

you prob best off puttin them on ebay,some boots have fetched daft money on there,id sell them seperately too to get the best price for each one,postage about £2.50p each record i think ? post them in a proper cardboard record mailer with 2 cardboard stiffeners one either side of record,no bubble wrap needed really if u pack them well,hope this helps bud

jason

Certainly does help Jason. Thanks very much for the info.

Social source share

jason

£2.50 is a bit steep i usually charge £1.65 for up to 3 items ,unless the daft b---ers pay before i invoice em

kev

• Helpful 1
Social source share

£2.50 is a bit steep i usually charge £1.65 for up to 3 items ,unless the daft b---ers pay before i invoice em

kev

No it's not, it's about right, that pays for first class recorded delivery and 10p for the mailer and cardboard.  If you don't send recorded, then £1.30 is about right

Social source share

By the way, I'll buy em all off you in one go save you messing about with ebay and postage  :lol:

I've had a few similar offers, and it's tempting. But I'm hoping to get the best price for them. With respect, you, as a dealer, would obviously be looking at profit margins. If I decide to go that way, I will let you know what I've got. :thumbsup:  

Social source share

I've had a few similar offers, and it's tempting. But I'm hoping to get the best price for them. With respect, you, as a dealer, would obviously be looking at profit margins. If I decide to go that way, I will let you know what I've got. :thumbsup:  

In that case what I'd do if I were you, is make a list of them, and sell them on here by set sale.  Twenty or so at a time.  Ones you don't sell, put them on ebay.

Social source share

Smiffy would probably sell em for yer at a fixed commission - that would save you loads of hassle and mincing around. He would sell them far more easily than you and he'll not rob you either.

Peter

• Helpful 3
Social source share

In that case what I'd do if I were you, is make a list of them, and sell them on here by set sale.  Twenty or so at a time.  Ones you don't sell, put them on ebay.

Sorry I'm a bit slow at times. You mean sell twenty as a batch? As in, £200 for this set of twenty? (I'm dreaming obviously)

Social source share

Sorry I'm a bit slow at times. You mean sell twenty as a batch? As in, £200 for this set of twenty? (I'm dreaming obviously)

Yep, that's what Pete means. Oh, no it isn't! :D

Do a list of so many at a time and set the price you want - first come, first served.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

No, not  really, I mean sell 20 records but price them individually as you'll get more for them than if you sold them as a batch of 20.

Also don't forget while maybe 10% of the pressings and reissues are sought after, the other 90% can be pretty bog standard £3 to £5 types of thing.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

It might be worth your while just checking completed sales on ebay for similar copies that you have , just to get a value. The other option is to search other soul record sites to see what they are charging for the same records bearing in mind condition / quality.If your want the best price then take your time , if you want to sale quick then tempt the buyer with a good price.

Selling in packs is a good way to get rid of the cheaper numbers.Also take a sales box to the events as they tend to shift there too.

good luck cheers Frank

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!