Ewf Tickets

Barry

'Kin ell ! £99 upwards , phewee . would love to see them again though , best concert I've ever seen at Bingley Hall , Staffs in 19?? :wink:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Saw these approx. 1975 they were had second billing to Santana.

They were truly brilliant, rotating drummer, loads of effects and musically

spot on. This was before they had any UK chart success, they had just

released the album The way of The World I think.

Santana were excellent too, one of the best live events

I ever went to.

kegsy

Social source share

They were £62 in the week at Royal Albert Hall,can`t see this being a sell out can you? :g:

It's asking a lot I know what you mean but I quite happly paid £75 for Stevie Wonder so prob end up dipping in for these - but everything is just so ridiculous these days.

Social source share

'Kin ell ! £99 upwards , phewee . would love to see them again though , best concert I've ever seen at Bingley Hall , Staffs in 19?? :wink:

1978, ah were there me'sen, 'kin'ell it were hot an' swettie   :lol:

Yes it's steep, but it's Earth Wind & Fire, not exactly a gang of 80 year olds in a scabby freezing holiday camp setting, they're a top of the tree worldwide major league act and have been for 40 years, that's what it's going to cost.  £112 very well spent this morning I reckon.  :yes:

Cheers

Roger

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Once upon a time the price of a concert ticket was, broadly speaking, the same as an LP or CD for our younger viewers.

Very true, but as Mike kind of said, that was in the days when artists didn't have all the recorded work stolen and obtained for free as the majority do nowadays.  Touring and merchandise really the only way they can make money because very few actually make anything from recorded work, it's a sad fact.  But yes, it's a lot of dosh for a concert, but it's just like paying silly money for records, it that's what it's worth to you, then you pay it, and seeing them again for me is a big thing, a very big thing!

Social source share

1978, ah were there me'sen, 'kin'ell it were hot an' swettie   :lol:

Yes it's steep, but it's Earth Wind & Fire, not exactly a gang of 80 year olds in a scabby freezing holiday camp setting, they're a top of the tree worldwide major league act and have been for 40 years, that's what it's going to cost.  £112 very well spent this morning I reckon.  :yes:

Cheers

Roger

Bloody was Roger :sweatingbullets::hypo:  , have you got that £1 I lent ya ?? :lol:

I wish I was going to see them again mate , might have to work on the Mrs. (if you know what I mean :wicked: )

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!