Selling On Ebay

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a few tunes to sell on ebay....Can you give me an idea of what to charge for postage to uk and overseas...Not done this before....is standard post ok for items less than £100..

thanks

steve

I would insist on at least recorded delivery on items . More expensive ones i would insist on SPECIAL DELIVERY that way it can be insured to its value.

With foreign buyers if the item has any real value INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR is best as you can insured the package to it's value.

Trust me i'm a postman!!

Derek

Social source share

I have a few tunes to sell on ebay....Can you give me an idea of what to charge for postage to uk and overseas...Not done this before....is standard post ok for items less than £100..

thanks

steve

I usually charge the following which includes cost of mailers, stiffners and walking to the Post Office (some people seem to charge for wear and tear on shoes, effects of pollution when walking to the Post Office and/or the cost of tablets to overcome Post-Office-phobia :yes: ). Anyway. I aways send UK recorded as a norm (or special if needed)

Overseas, I give the option of recorded post...most don't take it though.

UK 1X 7" Recorded £1.50 each 7" thereafter=25p

EUROPE 1X7" Standard Air £1.50 each 7" thereafter=30p

EUROPE 1X7" Recorded Air £4.50 each 7" thereafter=50p

USA/JAPAN 1X7" Standard Air £2 each 7" thereafter=30p

USA/JAPAN 1X7" Recorded Air £5.50 each 7" thereafter=50p

Just off up the P.O now as it happens... :lol:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

thanks

steve

I charge 1.40 for 1st class, 2.20 for recorded & 5.00 for special delivery. This covers the cost of postage & mailers etc.

(please no comments such as "standard postage should be 1.37 etc :yes: )

Recorded insures an item up to 30 quid and I insist on this for Paypal payments cos it proves delivery if this is disputed. It is not unknown for buyers to receive a record and then claim it is lost, Paypal will take the money back from the seller if you have no proof of delivery.

Special delivery insures above 30 up to at least 100 as standard (more if you pay a fee) and the items are tracked by Royal Mail (recorded items are not).

Hope that helps

Paul

Trust me i'm a postman!!

Derek

:lol::D:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!