Little Stanley

Pete S

The stran is much more common than most people think. Ever since I sold my copy many years ago I was thinking about buying another one. Never did but it has been interesting to see plenty of copies turning up over time. They varied condition-wise so they didn't come from one source. Value went down over the years. I'd rate this 300ish nowadays.

Social source share

I accidentally bought OOSL for $3 from Discovery's mag around 91-92 (great source for 45's), as they both have "Wanted" on the flip, it was a dealer with no phone number so had to send for it by post all the while thinking I'd got a cheap copy of "Stran", surprise when I opened the packet up, nearly dropped it on the platform of North Woolwich station!

Fancy selling Tony?

Callum

Social source share

just to answer your question of how many little stanleys were found I think it was between 10 and 15 all mint stock copies dosent seem like a great deal to me that's as far as I no hope that helps

No you are right, 15 isn't a lot, I just started the topic because two went up for sale in the same place on the same day and I was really surprised.

Social source share

yea unusual I agree  I sold one on here about a month ago and have two copies left its a difficult record to put a price on its gone for fairly high prices  the last ones that have sold  but in all fairness I suppose mint stock copies will fetch that price nowadays

Edited by okehmelc1
Social source share

I accidentally bought OOSL for $3 from Discovery's mag around 91-92 (great source for 45's), as they both have "Wanted" on the flip, it was a dealer with no phone number so had to send for it by post all the while thinking I'd got a cheap copy of "Stran", surprise when I opened the packet up, nearly dropped it on the platform of North Woolwich station!

Wow! Tony, what a fantastic buy. Them were't days.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!