Essex Lp On Uk Columbia

Gene-r

Nice, I see "Curfew Lover" is on there is "What Did I Do?"

I'm afraid "What Did I Do" isn't, Tony!  Must admit, it was one of the first tracks I looked for in the track listing.  "Curfew Lover" was the B-side of the single, wasn't it?

Strange that "What Did I Do" isn't on the LP though, especially when two other A and B-sides were - disappointing in some ways I guess.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

"What Did I Do" is a few years after the Lp.

Balls.  It was released as a single in February 1964, around the same time the LP was given a UK release (despite the "Recording First Published 1963" on the label).  A couple of months after the LP, more like.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Balls.  It was released as a single in February 1964, around the same time the LP was given a UK release (despite the "Recording First Published 1963" on the label).  A couple of months after the LP, more like.

Are you sure Gene, I also thought it was at least 1965, what about Don't Fight It and Everybody's Got You, surely not all 63-64?

Social source share

Are you sure Gene, I also thought it was at least 1965, what about Don't Fight It and Everybody's Got You, surely not all 63-64?

Sure is Pete - but you're spot on about "Everybody's Got You", which was a 1967 release.   According to 45cat, their US Roulette releases, with release dates are:

R 4494: Easier Said Than Done / Are You Going My Way (May 1963)

R 4515: A Walkin' Miracle / What I Don't Know Won't Hurt Me (Aug 1963)

R 4530: She's Got Everything / Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind (Nov 1963)

R 4542: What Did I Do / Curfew Lover (Feb 1964)

R 4564: When Somethin's Hard To Get / Don't Fight It Baby (credited to Anita Humes) (July 1964)

R 4750: Everybody's Got You (For Their Own) / Are You Going My Way" (July 1967)

Dave Rimmer's Soulful Kinda Music page seems to concur:  https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/essex.htm

Actually, one thing I didn't know until checking Wiki was that Anita Humes died in 2010.  Did anyone else know?

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Sure is Pete - but you're spot on about "Everybody's Got You", which was a 1967 release.   According to 45cat, their US Roulette releases, with release dates are:

R 4494: Easier Said Than Done / Are You Going My Way (May 1963)

R 4515: A Walkin' Miracle / What I Don't Know Won't Hurt Me (Aug 1963)

R 4530: She's Got Everything / Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind (Nov 1963)

R 4542: What Did I Do / Curfew Lover (Feb 1964)

R 4564: When Somethin's Hard To Get / Don't Fight It Baby (credited to Anita Humes) (July 1964)

R 4750: Everybody's Got You (For Their Own) / Are You Going My Way" (July 1967)

Dave Rimmer's Soulful Kinda Music page seems to concur:  https://www.soulfulkindamusic.net/essex.htm

Actually, one thing I didn't know until checking Wiki was that Anita Humes died in 2010.  Did anyone else know?

Got a feeling it might have made it onto here at the time, I'll see if I can find it

Social source share

Balls to you as well you tosser, whats wrong with a civil reply or is that beyond you?  I had it down as '67 for some reason. Either way the 45 was after the LP which in the US was a '63 release.

Social source share

Balls to you as well you tosser, whats wrong with a civil reply or is that beyond you?  I had it down as '67 for some reason. Either way the 45 was after the LP which in the US was a '63 release.

Hmm, name calling and personal attacks.......that's a rather desperate, defensive low, isn't it?  Not very mature or clever, either.

And before you go on the defensive again, don't try accusing me of personal attacks - it won't wash.  I don't need to explain my use of the word "balls", in the same context others use the word "crap" or even "rubbish".  You're bang out of order and you know it.  Still trying to throw your 'ex-moderator' weight around.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Hmm, name calling and personal attacks.......that's a rather desperate, defensive low, isn't it?  Not very mature or clever, either. And before you go on the defensive again, don't try accusing me of personal attacks - it won't wash.  I don't need to explain my use of the word "balls", in the same context others use the word "crap" or even "rubbish".  You're bang out of order and you know it.  Still trying to throw your 'ex-moderator' weight around.

Nothing desperate or defensive. And as for trying to throw ex moderator weight about don't make me laugh. There was no need for what you said, end of. A simple 1964, a few months after the Lp would suffice. I take it you already reported me to the mods to go with your countless other reports.

Social source share