Phillip Mitchell Free For All - Demo Or Issue?

Guest Okeh

Sorry if this has been covered before but if it has I haven't been able to find the thread.

Seen a Phillip Mitchell Free for all stock copy for sale on here recently and I got me wondering which is the rarer, the demo or the issue.

Seen lots and lots of demos for sale but can't say that Ive seen a stock copy before.

Looked on popsike and it lists only a couple of stockers but lots of Demo's

What do ya think?

Annie

Edited by Okeh
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sorry if this has been covered before but if it has I haven't been able to find the thread.

Seen a Phillip Mitchell Free for all stock copy for sale on here recently and I got me wondering which is the rarer, the demo or the issue.

Seen lots and lots of demos for sale but can't say that Ive seen a stock copy before.

Looked on popsike and it lists only a couple of stockers but lots of Demo's

What do ya think?

Annie

Hi Annie

Not sure there's much in it really - plenty of both about. I reckon it's about which one looks the nicest - and that's a very subjective thing!

Peter

:wink:

Social source share

Guess you have to be more careful buying an issue as the bootleg is a fairly good copy. Actually got both up for sale if there's any interest (boot and orig that is)

Best

Steve

Yeah seen loads of bootleg demo's around Steve and your right they are very good copies.

Don't think they booted the stock copy ( did they?) so probably safer with that.

I Prefer the multi-coloured Shout label too.

Annie

Social source share

Guess you have to be more careful buying an issue as the bootleg is a fairly good copy. Actually got both up for sale if there's any interest (boot and orig that is)

Best

Steve

How much original ?

So has the promo been booted too?

I didn't think the original issue or promo were expensive items.

Peter

Social source share

So has the promo been booted too?

I didn't think the original issue or promo were expensive items.

Peter

Seen the demo go for between 50 and 75 but not sure about the issue.

Lots of white demo boots around but didn't think that the Issue had been booted.

On Popsike there's also a multi-coloured demo listed.

Social source share

I listed a NM issue copy a few days back on here for £60 and it sold.

I thought that price was about right for one in that condition - I also sold a couple of promo copies last year in the same condition for £50, so a little bit less than the issue.

Social source share

Supposedly commonish record but , as said, not often offered for sale

Would have said the issue is rarer..

Thanks John, as I thought havn't seen too many issues around.

Social source share

Is the promo boot a good one - any easy give aways?

Peter

Thanks

Peter

Booted on Styrene and vinyl.

Vinyl boot probably more obvious with a label that looks like its been photocopied.

Apart from that they're pretty good boots with the only other difference in the matrix numbers.

Edited by Okeh
Social source share

Booted on Styrene and vinyl.

Vinyl boot probably more obvious with a label that looks like its been photocopied.

Apart from that they're pretty good boots with the only other difference in the matrix numbers.

Thanks mate.

Mm, reckon mine might be a wrong un.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL  It is easy to assume that the SHOUT label has no rare records because of the JAY BOY LABLE, Made them available in the early days of the SCENE?  Both DONALD HEIGHTS TALK OF THE GRAPEVINE & PHILIP MITCHALS FREE FOR ALL, Are two exceptions of the rule even though you can still find these 2 slipping the net and selling for $10 on US eBay :g: 

DAVE K

Social source share

Anyone of the view that Mel & Tim's version is FAR superior to Prince Phillip Mitchell's    ???

The Phillip Mitchell version was massive circa '72 - 'cos being 19 years old those kind of whizzers would fill a floor.

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert