Prince Ella Sidney Jones

Hi ALL, Had a pink copy i played at the Cleethorpes Pier All Niters, it never went massive for me and i ended up selling it with a bunch 

of other unwanted records to J Manship at an early Yarmouth Weekender,it had slight damp/water dammage to label and pretty sure John auctioned it off,don't know what

he got for it though, strange thing was how quickly it was booted befor it was given a chance to make the big time, somebody jumped the

gun a bit on that one, still a great record, quirky in it's own way and probably stands a better chance now than back then, Rick

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi ALL, Had a pink copy i played at the Cleethorpes Pier All Niters, it never went massive for me and i ended up selling it with a bunch 

of other unwanted records to J Manship at an early Yarmouth Weekender,it had slight damp/water dammage to label and pretty sure John auctioned it off,don't know what

he got for it though, strange thing was how quickly it was booted befor it was given a chance to make the big time, somebody jumped the

gun a bit on that one, still a great record, quirky in it's own way and probably stands a better chance now than back then, Rick

I remember this getting maybe 2 plays at Wigan, probably well after Cleethorpes played it, did nothing, booted as you say almost straight away, at the end of the day it's just a mundane Chicago stomper isn't it, B side miles better but still pretty average.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I remember this getting maybe 2 plays at Wigan, probably well after Cleethorpes played it, did nothing, booted as you say almost straight away, at the end of the day it's just a mundane Chicago stomper isn't it, B side miles better but still pretty average.

Los Angeles Pete.  :yes:

Social source share

OK.  Don't make it any better though  :lol:

I liked it - both sides. It did get booted extremely quickly though. Would have got pretty big if it didn't get dropped from the playlist within a month because of aforementioned boot I think though, it was of the time.

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!