Ebay

Jim G

Words fail me, 985 positives 100% rating and a 8 feedback c**t raises a case against me (wrongly) I am £25 down on the deal and sweating my rating will be OK.

Thank god I will be done selling records next week. There are some complete wankers out there.

Social source share

Guest Andy Carling

The money is one thing, but with regard to the rating, I wouldn't sweat it mate

I.M.H.O., I'm totally confident buying from someone with a  99 % plus rating, we all know there are nobbers out there that sellers really can do nothing about.

I agree you've got 985 positives, that's got to count for something.

Social source share

Words fail me, 985 positives 100% rating and a 8 feedback c**t raises a case against me (wrongly) I am £25 down on the deal and sweating my rating will be OK.

Thank god I will be done selling records next week. There are some complete wankers out there.

Yeah remember when I was nearly on 10,000 positives and that tw*t left me a negative because he didn't know what a second issue was?  And he was on here as well.

Been saying for years if only there was an alternative..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The problem is 985positives means bugger all to Ebay when they decide to limit your selling. I was on 2300 positives

I had 100% feedback but they still limited me to selling no more than 5 items a month because 2 items (recorded delivery went missing)Its taken 18 months to get my t being able to sell 100 a month. Doesn't matter what you say to them!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

cheers for all the feedback guys! The most annoying this is the dickhead raised a case, a simple message to me would have resolved it in seconds. 

There are some complete knobs out there. 99.9% of buyers have been great. I need a chill pill, a San Miguel will do even better! :lol:

Social source share

The problem is 985positives means bugger all to Ebay when they decide to limit your selling. I was on 2300 positives

I had 100% feedback but they still limited me to selling no more than 5 items a month because 2 items (recorded delivery went missing)Its taken 18 months to get my t being able to sell 100 a month. Doesn't matter what you say to them!

This amazes me, surely it's not in their interests to limit sellers,, and we all know profit is everything to ebay.

Social source share

Talk about Nobheads! bought a PS3 game Postage was listed as £3 when it came In a second hand envelope it was £1.20

My feeback was Item fine- Postage Rip-off Charged £3-  actual cost £1.20.

Lets see if they contact me.

I know Pete S gets pissed off about postage that others charge & quite rightly so

Social source share

Talk about Nobheads! bought a PS3 game Postage was listed as £3 when it came In a second hand envelope it was £1.20

My feeback was Item fine- Postage Rip-off Charged £3-  actual cost £1.20.

Lets see if they contact me.

I know Pete S gets pissed off about postage that others charge & quite rightly so

Bought a record the other day and was charged £3 postage, seller contacted me to apologise for late posting (it took 13 days) I said don't worry about it but you ought to check out your star ratings, he was a new seller with about 25 feedbacks but he had really bad star ratings for postage, I said if you're going to charge £3 postage then you need to use professional mailers and at least two pieces of card.  He was just cutting up bits of boxes and taping them together.  £3 cannot be justified for something like that.  So thats why I tend to moan about it.  But the worst - ones who charge £3 then send 1st class standard at 90p.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Bought a record the other day and was charged £3 postage, seller contacted me to apologise for late posting (it took 13 days) I said don't worry about it but you ought to check out your star ratings, he was a new seller with about 25 feedbacks but he had really bad star ratings for postage, I said if you're going to charge £3 postage then you need to use professional mailers and at least two pieces of card.  He was just cutting up bits of boxes and taping them together.  £3 cannot be justified for something like that.  So thats why I tend to moan about it.  But the worst - ones who charge £3 then send 1st class standard at 90p.

I always charge £2.50 with ebay new  mailer , card and first class recorded we all know where we stand then.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Sold a record for £2 with free postage. So 80 pence actually paid for the record and the buyer leaves neutral feedback cos it wasn't excellent but vg++ in his opinion. 80 PENCE for original viiyl no marks, scratches slight paper scuff, F sake and he complains !!!! there are brainless twats out there .

Thankfully I finished selling records, going back to video games where is it much easier !

Social source share

I won a record, contacted the seller immediately and said that I needed to put money into the account to pay for it and that I will pay first thing in the morning, hope this is okay? - no reply.

I paid the following morning.

My feedback stated that 'after initial problem with payment buyer eventually completed sale' :huh:

Social source share

I auctioned a job lot this week stating I will only post to UK addresses.

Who's top bidder, a French person.

I cancelled all his bids just in time.

Dee is selling all Sam's Thomas stuff, we have stated COLLECTION ONLY and have already had four people asking if we can post it or have a courier pick it up.  Is it really so difficult to read those two words?

To send by courier we would have to go out and find at least three massive boxes and spend time packing them so that they can't be damaged, if they do get damaged then we'll get bad feedback.  That's why we want collection only.  I will be anyone right now that the winner asks if it can be posted.

Social source share

I auctioned a job lot this week stating I will only post to UK addresses.

Who's top bidder, a French person.

I cancelled all his bids just in time.

Dee is selling all Sam's Thomas stuff, we have stated COLLECTION ONLY and have already had four people asking if we can post it or have a courier pick it up.  Is it really so difficult to read those two words?

To send by courier we would have to go out and find at least three massive boxes and spend time packing them so that they can't be damaged, if they do get damaged then we'll get bad feedback.  That's why we want collection only.  I will be anyone right now that the winner asks if it can be posted.

might be me but the daft buggers might be thinking its a collection only no splitting

kev

Social source share

Just a thought about "opening a case" against a seller. 

I received a record in the mail yesterday from a U.S. seller and i felt the record wasn't as described. 

I mailed the seller today through eBay in the normal way just to let him know and when it was sent, 

a "you have opened a case" message appeared on the screen. 

It seems that ebay policy has changed from making a simple after sales query to opening a case 

against a seller. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!