Royal Five On Tyler - Ever Covered Up?

I see the bootleg has caught a few folk out when looking at Popsike!

The original has a raised matrix under the label...if you blow the picture up within my previous post you will see it under the letter "V" in the word "Vocal" on the right-hand side of the label.

Sounds bang on for today's scene, as some may say!

Social source share

flynnstone, isn't the boot on styrene and original on vinyl .... and labels a different shade the boot being more pinky !!!???

hope you're well mate

franc

Think the boot is vinyl, but the shade of purple of the label is different and the print is not sharp...and no stamp. Think it was booted for the flipside.

I'm well and hope you are feeling M- too!

:)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Don't think it was, Ian Clark played it at Yate maybe 78ish uncovered, he got me one a couple of months later

I recall it from Yate...albeit a couple of years after '78! Captain Clarky strikes again!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Think the boot is vinyl, but the shade of purple of the label is different and the print is not sharp...and no stamp. Think it was booted for the flipside.

I'm well and hope you are feeling M- too!

Correct - there's what looks like a boot on eBay at the moment listed for £100  :ohmy:

Richard

Social source share

Correct - there's what looks like a boot on eBay at the moment listed for £100  :ohmy:

Well, they can have my spare original stocker listed on my site for £100...and it is M- :thumbsup:

Social source share

The bootleg's label is a lighter shade of purple (as opposed to dark maroon) with a gloss finish.  There is also a few seconds of light distortion on the bootleg before the intro (a bit like a record that was cut on to an acetate with original distortion left on before the start - you know what I mean).  The bootleg is also a much quieter recording.

Spot the difference:

post-953-0-18075400-1375453709.jpg

post-953-0-92451200-1375453720_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!