Most Used Flyer Event Pic?

.....and to demonstrate - See below a 'Letrasetted' flyer from many moons ago, c/w a hand drawn picture!.........God life was harder back then......but I liked it :wink: 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup: 

post-1733-0-50334900-1375962184_thumb.jp

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Len sez....."In the past, all of my flyers were complete 'one offs'......because I was using Letrasets, and a 'humongous' Blue and 'Hearing Aid Beige' photo copier that needed two people to carry the damn thing! This also left a 'unique' black shadow on each and every one!  :D "

...from that sentence Len.....we've been there...!hehe!x Cut every pic....scratched every letter and around 8 hours a flyer minimum I reckon!!! I had a kids typewriter to make sentences which I then cut up and put on the flyer!  I cheated by going to Staples with my finished 'original' tho'! They look psychedelic too as I used all different colours and things to make the flyer as they were printed black n white so it din;t matter.....but look......20 years later.......have we got some Picasso's on our hands.....??!!!hehe!x

The remains....recycled for new flyers init!!x I know Russ Vickers is about still...but....is it strange that the 2 names still on that flyer that are current promoter active??!! Spooky eh?!x

flyers_zpsb32e4104.jpg

....i got some jazzy letrasets from the Boot Sale circa '95....so things got more 'pro'!!

flyers1_zps619b4c19.jpg

...but xmas wos an extra effort.......Argos/Freemans/Grattons and Tesco's leaflets..........sorted!!!!x

flyers2_zpsa9e90f38.jpg

....never got a present off any of em......bah humbug...!x

Computers eh Len?.....takes the human side outta it methinks.....X

LUV
SOOTY
X

I used Jackie Wilson shouting the date often....I think it's Jackie...!.......but like Len....all my flyers were 'original'......proud of it too....old school Lenny.....we should book into the same retirement place and get some origami or summink to be happy wiv!!x

@@
~

• Helpful 3
Social source share

....errr.....I went thru perhaps an Oz of weed each one Barry......din't do much hopping....and me hips hurt sat in the chair for ages...but wos focused....for hooooours....!!!hehe!x

@@
~
LUV
SOOTY
X

It took me 3 hours to decide which cow to put on the front lawn of the Maltings flyer I recall......dunno why.,....it just had to be right!!! 20 years later......Damien Hirst reckons he is the guru of cows........he jests shirley?x

AY59364955Damien-Hirst-with.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!