Red Bird Label Illustrated Discography

Pete S

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just discussing a Red Bird 45 in sales, does it mention this?

The Poets - Stuck on you / Red Bird Demo M- £20

this is nice, came out on Red Bird under a different name as well, See below, the 'Insiders"...fabulous track and well worth twenty quid..

Poets were not the "other group" we know so well " She Blew...".  As there was indeed a clash of names they changed to become The Insiders.  They then moved to RCA & cut the great " I'm Just A Man " before re branding as Main Ingredient !!    I am pretty certain this explanation is correct.

Regards

David  (Veep 1296)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdwzg4Mig7M&feature=player_embedded

Social source share

I collected about 2/3 of the label run over 20 years, a lot of the girl groups I picked up from my earliest source of US Soul 45's in Scallywags record shop in Southsea, Portsmouth run by a couple who predominantly collected Ska.  I had them in a box for several years gathering dust so I eventually took them to a local car boot near the New Forest to shift on, lo and behold the eventual buyer who snapped them all up at a quid a piece was the lady from Scallywags.............what goes around!  

No mention of Sidney Barnes - I hurt on the otherside - Red Bird on that list or did I miss it? Had a conversation with John Manship who indicated he had a copy in his hands on an Australia trip, but I have never seen or heard of any other proof of its existence so my demo on Blue Cat still holds pride of place in my boxes for pure Northern, Lee

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert