Help With Price Plse Leather Boy On Mgm

Guest son of stan

Guest son of stan

Hi

I am so sorry if it's not appropriate to post this here as it is not a soul record. But I know quite a few of you are quite knowledgeable on records generally....

I just found,  in my local charity shop, a small quantity of mint copies of The Leather Boy 'Im a Leather Boy' / 'Shadows' on US MGM issue. (I know....wtf?)

I know its a fairly collectable record but I assumed not particularly rare. However, I mentioned it on another site and my inbox has gone into meltdown...any idea how much I should sell these for? Popsike is all over the place!

Thanks!

P.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I would start at $30. It's sold for less and more but that's about average. I am assuming that these are without the pic sleeve. It's not that rare, MGM did a lot of promotion for the record and pressed up a bunch. I'm not sure if there is much of a demand in the UK for the record though, you may have to sell worldwide which could bring down the attainable price.

Social source share

Guest trickbag
imgLoading_30x30.gif$T2eC16hHJGUFFh8dHd(sBR2jfBPu!g~~60_35.J
imgEndedCvi_96x96.pngPhotos not available for this variation

Item condition:
Used

Ended:
15 Jul, 2013 04:59:23 BST

Winning bid:
US $20.50
Approximately £13.34
3 bids ]

No additional import charges on delivery!
This item will be sent through the Global Postage Programme and includes international tracking. Learn more

Postage:
Read item description or contact seller for details. | See details

Item location:
Puhoi, Auckland, New Zealand

Seller:

just sold on ebay.

ricky.

Social source share

I have a 'Leather Boy' MGM 45 picture sleeve but I'm pretty sure mine is a different record than the one you've found. It's an instrumental on one side called 'Soulin' and is a kind of pop/soul tune that could have been played at Wigan or somewhere.

EDIT:

Found it...

post-4912-0-05219200-1375089626_thumb.jp

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

It's not surprising you found a few of these in a charity shop, I remember finding a bunch of mint copies of Robie Porter (all in pic sleeves) at a local car boot ...

post-4912-0-30151200-1375090089_thumb.jp

Believe it or not by looking at the picture It is actually a great tune with a fabulous break that is 100% Northern Soul!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert