Danny White - Atlas

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest veep1296

If you are referring to " Keep My Woman Home" it was also issued on US Atteru & UK Sue ...I didnt know it may have been booted?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I believe the Atteru MAY be the first issue. A lot scarcer than the Atlas but supposedly a lot higher quality pressing.

Also got re-issued on Unity

Good record but being a deep soul freak then the flip "I'm Dedicating My Life" is the side for me

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Out of all the US releases of this 45 that I've had, the one on ATTERU sounds the best. Clear, punchy sound. The releases on ATLAS sounds muffled in comparison.

Here are the US release of this 45 that I've had, and in the order that I think they were released:

Atteru white demo
Atteru issue

---

Atlas white demo
Atlas blue issue
Atlas multi-coloured issue
---
Unity issue

:thumbsup:

Social source share

I used to think that Atteru was the local Memphis release before being leased to Atlas.

I knew of three variants of the Atteru demo's, but didnt know of the issue.  Two of the Demo's dont mention any distribution information, but one has it distributed by Joda in NY.  I would love to see a scan of the issue to see if it mentions Joda?

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I used to think that Atteru was the local Memphis release before being leased to Atlas.

I knew of three variants of the Atteru demo's, but didnt know of the issue.  Two of the Demo's dont mention any distribution information, but one has it distributed by Joda in NY.  I would love to see a scan of the issue to see if it mentions Joda?

This looks to be an issue John

https://www.popsike.com/Northern-Soul-Danny-White-1st-label-Atteru-2000-Hear/260685096499.html

Social source share

So what's the story behind how Danny White got his hands on these 2 top-notch Hayes / Porter songs in 1966 ???

Surely just about every soul artist would have given their right arm for such an opportunity back then, after all they were proven big hit song writers by then.

I know they had already provided songs for two of Danny's earlier Frisco 45s but how come a Stax artist didn't have 1st refusal on these songs ?

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Atteru stock copy...found it today...first one I've ever turned up...and as Seb pointed out in the past the sound quality is crisp and clear...and a LOT better than the Atlas copies.

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-19689300-1407594163_thumb.jp

Social source share

So what's the story behind how Danny White got his hands on these 2 top-notch Hayes / Porter songs in 1966 ???

Surely just about every soul artist would have given their right arm for such an opportunity back then, after all they were proven big hit song writers by then.

I know they had already provided songs for two of Danny's earlier Frisco 45s but how come a Stax artist didn't have 1st refusal on these songs ?

Perhaps they had?

Same question goes for Charlie Rich recording "Love Is After Me".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert