Some Day Some Way-The Traits On Contact

Just picked this up and only just noticed it was pressed on same label diff colour label: Yellow(what i got) and Orange/Pink. It also had the label name above and down the left hand side on both colour labels. Was some of this re-press/Boots or different pressing plants?

Great record from 1966 by the way :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Ok people,clock is ticking :g:  :g:  :g: ...Now..

Social source share

I thought it sounded ahead of it`s time for 1966 but a few early Motown were like that.It`s listed on a few threads/Discogs has 1966.They do get it wrong now and again.

Funny enough i sold the Center Stage copy years ago cos i didn`t like it .

Social source share

Guest trickbag

This record was also pressed by the RCA custom division. Master is TK4M-9000. So the year was 1966.

This Chicago label was owned by one W.S. Despenza.

Dereks daily 45s

ricky.

Social source share

It's the release before Anita Anderson "Little Bit Longer", actually I think that's the other (Orig) Traits release?

"Someday"on yellow label and also gold, not seen the orange/pink one.

I'd like to see the orange /pink one as well.Scan anyone.? Great tune,always seem to be around vg+ though.Any minters around?

Social source share

great double sider imo, got mine, yellow copy off JM's dropdown auction, think i got it for about £14, bargain, scruffy label but the vinyl was immaculate...phil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfJ0FMbNOWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALYlEIf3eFc

You got a bargain there,i paid a bit more then that but still cheaper then elsewhere.

The one in clip is exactly like my copy with label above etc.

Edited by Hammersoul
Social source share

both presses are from '66. one is a yellow label one is a gold metallic label. I'm actually not sure which one is first, the gold one is distributed by "parliament studios" which is one of the most basement studios on the west side, so it's not like it was picked up by a larger entity, I'm pretty sure it was just recorded there.

the traits are the same group as the center stage, the later center stage version was actually a bigger hit in Chicago.

most people don't know this, and I didn't know this until ady potts told me, but there are also two presses of their second 45 (the orig traits) on contact. There is a different writing credit on one of the sides and one press has piano and one doesn't.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Great double sider indeed.

And for years I was chasing another release by them on the same label with a similar title.

You've no idea how many times I've scribbled the details down on scraps of paper at 4 in the morning only to lose it somewhere in the house.

The (orig) Traits "Someday Soon" / "Need Love" (Contact 501)

derek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN1qlZAm8kU

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!