Not Heard For Ages - Records That Just Pop Into Your Head

Guest Dave Turner

So if you have any records which suddenly pop into your head for some strange reason do please share.

:yes:

Social source share

Guest kev such

Was just cleaning my glasses with some Window Cleaner spray and this just popped into my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQCATrYH_8s

Not heard it in years - a great dance record which I really liked back in the day.

So if you have any records which suddenly pop into your head for some strange reason do please share.

Peter

Finally after wanting for SOOOOOOOOOOOO  long this little beauty I got one from Mr Snow. This is one of those tunes that makes a crowd smile as they having heard it for such a long time. Personally I cant stop playing it.

For me at the moment I keep repeating Spyder Turner " I cant make it" on a cd in me van.

Kev

Social source share

Finally after wanting for SOOOOOOOOOOOO  long this little beauty I got one from Mr Snow. This is one of those tunes that makes a crowd smile as they having heard it for such a long time. Personally I cant stop playing it.

For me at the moment I keep repeating Spyder Turner " I cant make it" on a cd in me van.

Kev

Nice one Kev

Yep, Spyder is one to play and play.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Was just cleaning my glasses with some Window Cleaner spray and this just popped into my head:

Not heard it in years - a great dance record which I really liked back in the day.

Peter

:rolleyes:

What is it Peter ? am at work and can't use youtube :huh:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers

Yeah Peter, you should know better!

PS I'm at work and can't see videos either (even though I can post links)

Social source share

Cheers

Yeah Peter, you should know better!

PS I'm at work and can't see videos either (even though I can post links)

Hi Paul/Swifty

Sorry, it's Village Sounds - These Windows

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Discovered by Mr Raistrick, he of Skegness fame :D

Steve

Hi Steve

Started my early northern soul days attending Dave's do's around Lincs and went to Wigan with him once in his old banger - with two Boston lads you'll know (Figgy and Mick Bradbury).

I'm not sure many people realise just how much stuff Dave did discover back in the day.

Peter

Social source share

Peter

:rolleyes:

love this , not heard it for yonks either

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Steve

Started my early northern soul days attending Dave's do's around Lincs and went to Wigan with him once in his old banger - with two Boston lads you'll know (Figgy and Mick Bradbury).

I'm not sure many people realise just how much stuff Dave did discover back in the day.

Peter

You're right Peter, he used to turn up some corkers. Had many a happy trip over to his folks house in Sandbeck Avenue to collect the latest finds and let him relieve me of some cash :D  :thumbup:  :(

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Well, I read the title of the thread Peter, and this just popped into my head for some bizarre reason, so, even though it's not a soul record, it is within the boundaries of the thread as I understand it - none of this off topic malarky from me!

Department S - Is Vic There

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbcNvlseVI

wow!....not heard this in eons, yes, its not soul, but its pop music going through the throws of not knowing what its identity was.....any chance of putting "going left, right " up? :rofl:  :rolleyes:  :facepalm:

Social source share

Well this is one that for some reason keeps entering my head , used to have it as a new release and haven't got a clue what I did with it ,

GOT-CHA - MAKIN' LOVE TO YA - STERLING DISC

Must buy another , off to ebay now :wink:

Cheers

Edited by SWIFTY
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Andy Carling

Had this one in my head for a couple of weeks now, so I bought it,  :D

This is a poor recording on this clip, and a even worse looking label.  :ohmy:

https://youtu.be/TpgaAitqp1U

The Halos,  Do I.

Added title and artist for those on works PCs. Naughty, Naughty.  :wicked:

I believe this group use to record on RCA as The Angels, when they moved to congress RCA owned the rights to their name and wouldn't allow them to use it so the group became The Halos. Great tune, cheap as well, :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gogs

always find myself singing either of this 2 (especially when i'm standing waiting on a bus for some strange reason)

OOPs sorry Seven souls- i still love you

John and the wierdest - can't get over these memories

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

Used to get played alot at Yate, but never hear it nowdays, until I heard Jerry Hipkiss play it yesterday on his GFM show

What is it please Dave?

Social source share

Patti Labelle & The Bluebelles - Loving Rules - Atlantic

Thanks, Freaking brilliant tune, and still underplayed!

Social source share

Everytime I hear someone make the "Brrrrrr" noise, as though they were cold??.......This will fly into my head!

The Man can't help himself, and I love it!

What is it exactly? - no video at work  :(

Social source share

Had this one in my head for a couple of weeks now, so I bought it,  :D

This is a poor recording on this clip, and a even worse looking label.  :ohmy:

https://youtu.be/TpgaAitqp1U

The Halos,  Do I.

Added title and artist for those on works PCs. Naughty, Naughty.  :wicked:

I did a podcast last week and included a UK female version of this I had on a one off acetate.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I believe this group use to record on RCA as The Angels, when they moved to congress RCA owned the rights to their name and wouldn't allow them to use it so the group became The Halos. Great tune, cheap as well, :thumbsup:

Not sure about that. Think there are two groups with the same name.  The more famous ones were a male group.

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

What is it exactly? - no video at work  :(

Sorry... It's Billy Stewart - Secret Love

I forgot that folks can't always see the link. My apologies.

Edited by MissHongkongfuey
Social source share

Never hear this anymore, still luv it

Again.... What is it?! No video at work for some people....  and isn't the thread about records that just pop into your head for no reason, and not what doesn't get played out anymore?

I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm the only one who hasn't had a soul record pop into their head, or are you all to embarrased to say you found yourself suddenly singing a One Direction (or 1D for those of you 'down with the kids') song!

Edited by MrC
Social source share

its Jimmy Love, two sides to every story on josie,..it constantly pops into  my head, and i often whistles the tune,  and have done for years...it also never gets played out anymore to my knowledge

Social source share

Again.... What is it?! No video at work for some people....  and isn't the thread about records that just pop into your head for no reason, and not what doesn't get played out anymore?

I'm finding it hard to believe that I'm the only one who hasn't had a soul record pop into their head, or are you all to embarrased to say you found yourself suddenly singing a One Direction (or 1D for those of you 'down with the kids') song!

I get loads of songs each day pop into my head, hardly any are soul, I immediately go and check to see if I have them in itunes and I add them to a playlist, there are a few hundred on the playlist but last few days I've added

Arrows - A touch too much

Lou Johnson or Adam Faith or Dionne Warwick - Kentucky blue bird (message to martha/michael) (just got a little bit of it repeating til I remembered the song)

Cher - Dream baby

Jay & The Americans - Come a little bit closer (I hate the song just kept hearing the line "she belonged to that man Jose" and had to try and remember what it was from)

Max Romero - Chase the devil

and so on and so on, each day

Social source share

I get loads of songs each day pop into my head, hardly any are soul, I immediately go and check to see if I have them in itunes and I add them to a playlist, there are a few hundred on the playlist but last few days I've added

Arrows - A touch too much

Lou Johnson or Adam Faith or Dionne Warwick - Kentucky blue bird (message to martha/michael) (just got a little bit of it repeating til I remembered the song)

Cher - Dream baby

Jay & The Americans - Come a little bit closer (I hate the song just kept hearing the line "she belonged to that man Jose" and had to try and remember what it was from)

Max Romero - Chase the devil

and so on and so on, each day

A proper answer that Pete!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!