Jackie Day - Naughty Boy

talking about the original copy has anyone with one noticed if they play with a bit of noise or not ??

Been told they weren't pressed on virgin vinyl so aren't best quality, every time i hear it out it sounds great but big systems do make poor records sound fine.

Or is it just old cloth eared me lol

Ian.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

I have read some of the other threads on the subject,  "a tinny recording" seems to be a few comments ?

You on drugs again Porky.................mine is perfect

Social source share

talking about the original copy has anyone with one noticed if they play with a bit of noise or not ??

Been told they weren't pressed on virgin vinyl so aren't best quality, every time i hear it out it sounds great but big systems do make poor records sound fine.

Or is it just old cloth eared me lol

Ian.

From the other posts we can only assume one thing - you's got cloth ears indeed Ian! I've got dodgy hearing in one ear too!

:D

Peter

Social source share

:)  :) yes i do have rather sensitive hearing, stood far too long next to 155mm artillery howitzers  :shhh:

if you had the 1st copy found or had it in 85 doesn't really seem relevant cheers lol it's just the fidelity i,m interested in or was, seems that most play well but after been told most copies pressed on crappy cheap vinyl it would seem most or all are ok !

Cheers for info,   Ian.

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

if your copy is rough  it is worth exactly 50 percent,of a mint one  and that is if it plays ok

i would give you 250 ukp for the 45

probably less next year

why ?

I dont thnk its a  rare 45 anymoe

Social source share

I wonder why several of them ended up with lousy sound quality.  I would be very surprised to find out they had more than one press run.  The record got NO airplay whatsoever locally on KGFJ, and no airplay on Bay Area's KGFJ, and also no airplay on WVON in Chicago.  So, I doubt that it got aany airplay anywhere-(and therefore-no sales).  I found it in a bargain bin at L.A. South Central's Pat's Records (probably only a couple months after it first reached record shops).  With no sales, I doubt that they would have pressed it again.  On the other hand, if there were a pressing accident first, I suppose they would have another run to produce saleable records.

Could a cutting accident happen in the middle of a run (perhaps a miniscual change in the cutting angle?).

Social source share

Guest gaz thomas

It still is rare in the grand scheme of things and I dare say most of the copies up for sale are copies that have been about for a long time just doing the rounds.

£250 you are having a laugh aren't you?

yes chalks .... a bit  :wicked:

Its still a firm fav of mine,

I would love a copy.......and I know how much it still achieves when it comes on the market

great record, loads of great memories when i hear it

Social source share

I wonder why several of them ended up with lousy sound quality.  I would be very surprised to find out they had more than one press run.  The record got NO airplay whatsoever locally on KGFJ, and no airplay on Bay Area's KGFJ, and also no airplay on WVON in Chicago.  So, I doubt that it got aany airplay anywhere-(and therefore-no sales).  I found it in a bargain bin at L.A. South Central's Pat's Records (probably only a couple months after it first reached record shops).  With no sales, I doubt that they would have pressed it again.  On the other hand, if there were a pressing accident first, I suppose they would have another run to produce saleable records.

Could a cutting accident happen in the middle of a run (perhaps a miniscual change in the cutting angle?).

Stamper damage ? :g:

Social source share

Stampers wear out and get damaged all the time.

I have had this happen on some of my releases in the past. They can look perfect and play perfect, then the next box can all play rough

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert