Keb Darge Set, 100 Club, 11-5-86

Pete S

Thought you might be interested to see the track list from this tape - I can post it up as a podcast if needs be - wonder how much this little lot is worth in todays money?

(I may have got some of the artists wrong)

TURBINES - WE GOT TO START OVER

JESSE DAVIS (as JOHNNY VANELLI) - HANG ON IN THERE

TAMI LYNN - YOU MY LOVE

HONEY & THE BEES - BE YOURSELF

PERSIANETTES (as SEQUINS) - RUN RUN

RAY MARCHAND - SHIP OF FOOLS

CHANGING SCENE - WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS

JE MORGAN(?) - BY YOUR SIDE

FABULOUS IMPACTS (Moments) - BABY I WANT YOU

JIMMY ARMSTRONG - MYSTERY

COLT 45's - LADY LADY

JESSE DAVIS again

VINCE APOLLO - I BEAR WITNESS

JOHNNY SUMMERS - I'M STILL YOURS

CAIROS - STOP OVERLOOKING ME

ANDY FISHER - HEARTS BEATING STRONGER

UNKNOWN - ONE WAY LOVE

FREDDIE HOUSTON - IF I HAD KNOWN

JACK MONTGOMERY - DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thought you might be interested to see the track list from this tape - I can post it up as a podcast if needs be - wonder how much this little lot is worth in todays money?

JESSE DAVIS (as JOHNNY VANELLI) - HANG ON IN THERE

TAMI LYNN - YOU MY LOVE

HONEY & THE BEES - BE YOURSELF

PERSIANETTES (as SEQUINS) - RUN RUN

RAY MARCHAND - SHIP OF FOOLS

CHANGING SCENE - WHILE THE CITY SLEEPS

FABULOUS IMPACTS (Moments) - BABY I WANT YOU

JIMMY ARMSTRONG - MYSTERY

COLT 45's - LADY LADY

JESSE DAVIS again

VINCE APOLLO - I BEAR WITNESS

JOHNNY SUMMERS - I'M STILL YOURS

CAIROS - STOP OVERLOOKING ME

ANDY FISHER - HEARTS BEATING STRONGER

UNKNOWN - ONE WAY LOVE

FREDDIE HOUSTON - IF I HAD KNOWN

JACK MONTGOMERY - DON'T TURN YOUR BACK ON ME

Hi Pete

A podcast would be even better!

Thanks

Peter

Social source share

That would be a great podcast Pete.

J.E. Morgan is correct artist - it's on Theoda records - however, the title is "By My Side" rather than "By Your Side".

Oh - did the Turbines get played twice?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

It did. Why, I can't answer that, it's the worst record on the tape.

Agree...never done anything for me...was one of the tracks where you'd hit the FF button on the cassette player!

Social source share

At 26.30 of the recording after the Colt 45's Keb mentions Pete Myles - what ever happened to him? I use to pester him for a tape each time we went to 100 Club and after a while there was one always ready for me in his bag, usually with a title along the lines of .... "not another %*@$"* tape for Ray M".

Love the intro after to "Johnny Vanelli after the Colt 45's - classsic!!

Useless ramblings now - I last spoke to Keb a couple of years ago at Madam Jo Jo and he recognised me and wife straight away - I remembered after he went back to the decks that back in 85/86 at his place asking about an instrumental had playing on a tape in the background - turned out to be "Times gone by" apparantly an old Yvonne Baker c/up (Richard Searling?). Keb went back on the decks and first record played the "Times gone by" Music Track - nice chap Keb. Since found a vocal to it by The Diciples of Shaftesbury "Times gone" by also on the IA label - watch out though its Pop/Garage!

Edited by Raym
Social source share

At 26.30 of the recording after the Colt 45's Keb mentions Pete Myles - what ever happened to him? I use to pester him for a tape each time we went to 100 Club and after a while there was one always ready for me in his bag, usually with a title along the lines of .... "not another %*@$"* tape for Ray M".

Love the intro after to "Johnny Vanelli after the Colt 45's - classsic!!

Useless ramblings now - I last spoke to Keb a couple of years ago at Madam Jo Jo and he recognised me and wife straight away - I remembered after he went back to the decks that back in 85/86 at his place asking about an instrumental had playing on a tape in the background - turned out to be "Times gone by" apparantly an old Yvonne Baker c/up (Richard Searling?). Keb went back on the decks and first record played the "Times gone by" Music Track - nice chap Keb. Since found a vocal to it by The Diciples of Shaftesbury "Times gone" by also on the IA label.

Pete Myles great bloke always used to take me round the sales boxes and point out further monsters for me to buy, I remember he would have a box of 45's with him not for sale just to show people.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

pete "i can talk for" myles came on here a couple of years ago , married with a couple of kids, still living in the aldershot area and still got all his records

Yes thats him!

I am also informed he comes on SS as 'Ganash' I think.

Cheers Trev and Phil for the update.

Ray

Social source share

Interesting to see Jack Montgomery in there, cant remember Keb playing that at all

Sme good stuff though!

Keep up James, like lots of those things pretty sure he played it just once thinking of buying it, then let it go, although I would have put that earlier than 1986, he certainly did that at Stafford a couple of times with a couple of records off Ady H. I would say if he played the Turbines twice it was the night he got it, assuming he was still staying at his flat at Hackney that time as we were staying over, and I liked the other side better, he did say I was talking pish, as he often did, but did give that side at least one play at my request in years to come. And its a great double sider for the cloth eared above. :D

To be fair Keb played a fair few slower things in his time, more than credited for I suspect, normally just once or twice but things like FH he gave a good few spins I would have thought. 

Great times, about time I started going a lot more to 100 club, 

PS Off topic, sorry Mr O, not got back, been running around a bit all w/e, tomorrow. Definitely!  :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!