Adelaide 1998 - Soul City - East Meets West Patch

Pete S

On the subject of patches, which I was yesterday, Dee just found this one in the garage...was this the first Australian weekender or something, I have no idea how I got this unless Maria or Alex sent it to me maybe?  Is it worth anything?

post-1893-0-46628800-1371810811_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

long time ago  ( 1988 ) i spent around a month in Australia, on arrival in Sydney , i made my way down to the cheap hotel / hostel area, Kings Cross, the walls in this area had been fly posted , one of them read TORCH REVIVAL, NORTHERN SOUL .! which suprised me to say the least , point i am making is there were definately  soul nights there in the eighties, would be interesting to know more about the roots of the Australian scene .  

Social source share

long time ago  ( 1988 ) i spent around a month in Australia, on arrival in Sydney , i made my way down to the cheap hotel / hostel area, Kings Cross, the walls in this area had been fly posted , one of them read TORCH REVIVAL, NORTHERN SOUL .! which suprised me to say the least , point i am making is there were definately  soul nights there in the eighties, would be interesting to know more about the roots of the Australian scene .  

Guilty m'lud.  What do you want to know?   :wicked:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Sunny soul, so you had a part in organising that night , what a small world , what year did these nights begin?   were these the start of the thriving Australian scene we hear about today , what kind of numbers were and are currently involved ? have there ever been sounds that have only been played in oz ? is it mainly an  oldies scene etc, etc..    also, what do you know about " sharpies " , to my understanding this is some kind of working class youth culture peculiar to Australia, are there any parallels to our mods and skinheads and do they follow a certain music ... 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert