Calender "hypertension" On All Platinum

boba

So I'm obsessed with collecting Stang / Vibration / All Platinum / Turbo / etc. 45s. The label is so ghetto and there's so many oddities, etc. And there are so many good records that are impossible to find.

I had never ever seen Calender "Hypertension" on All Platinum (only on Pi Kappa and Buddah). I know there is a UK press on All Platinum (with the solid center that has a totally different number). However, I recently managed to get a Canada press. It looks exactly like the US All Platinum label, and it has the correct number 2359 on it, except there are made in Canada markings on it. 

I'm wondering -- was this record ever pressed in the US on All Platinum? Especially given that it came out on All Platinum in the UK, I'm wondering if maybe Pi Kappa initially had a worldwide distribution deal with All Platinum before (or even after) being picked up by Buddah?

Does anyone have a scan of a US All Platinum press? Maybe they allocated the number but only for worldwide use? Probably nobody will respond but it would be awesome if someone had more info. Thanks in advance.

Social source share

Let me check, I have pretty much everything on the label barring a handful at most and this does ring a bell......

Agree great labels such a shame the Robinsons were a pair of rip off merchants.....

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!