• Replies 14
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest trickbag

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

sunnysoul, on Feb 4 09, 08:38 AM, said:

Yeah, I see you've been playing it Steve, are you able to post clips of both sides ?

And what's the current going rate ?

I don't have the technology to post clips. It's pretty hard - probably expect to pay up to £400 if you see an issue for sale.

from an old thread.

ricky.

Social source share

is this an uptempo track or midtempo/slow? I ask as I had a Frankie Karl on Gordy Demo but can't remember what it was called and I sold it n a job lot this year. I am now praying I didn't give it away ! :dash2:

the promo doesn't have the "don't fan the flame" side and isn't worth anything.

Social source share

That's the point. Motown didn't promote this 45 and as a result issues are hard to locate. Unless anyone REALLY has a Leon Ware I'd say it's the hardest 70's record to find on Gordy. In answer to the ? it's an OK dancer, stops and starts/ but it's a great 70's soul record.

Social source share

It was a Gwen Glenn Enterprises release. That was the outfit within Motown run by Gwendolyn Gordy Fuqua (Berry's sister) after her divorce from Harvey Fuqua.

I think it was a bit of a vanity project to keep Gwen occupied and happy but not many of their releases got much of a push (some of the High Inergy cuts being the exception). 

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

im sorry 400 pounds is insane, last one i saw for sale went for $200

400 quid .............its only insane if you don't have one to sell, lol   boba, as steve says its one of the hardest if not the hardest on the label to find. took me ten years to find one and as said the demo is double a sided so worth 2 cents. and good crossover/modern dancer. im sure it  has had spins early at winsford modern room. could be wrong though.

Social source share

That's the point. Motown didn't promote this 45 and as a result issues are hard to locate. Unless anyone REALLY has a Leon Ware I'd say it's the hardest 70's record to find on Gordy. In answer to the ? it's an OK dancer, stops and starts/ but it's a great 70's soul record.

What's the Leon Ware track - is it one lifted from the Musical Massage LP

Social source share

Yes it's in the discography. No one has ever seen it. Although one guy who prides himself on his Motown knowledge and collection said he had a copy and sold it. I tracked down the guy he sold it to and he said no he had never bought such a record 100%. So it was BS. Steve

Social source share

Yes it's in the discography. No one has ever seen it. Although one guy who prides himself on his Motown knowledge and collection said he had a copy and sold it. I tracked down the guy he sold it to and he said no he had never bought such a record 100%. So it was BS. Steve

Which track are you referring to Steve?

Peter

:huh:

Social source share

400 quid .............its only insane if you don't have one to sell, lol   boba, as steve says its one of the hardest if not the hardest on the label to find. took me ten years to find one and as said the demo is double a sided so worth 2 cents. and good crossover/modern dancer. im sure it  has had spins early at winsford modern room. could be wrong though.

definitely rare. but i can get better rarer records for 400 pounds. I've never even seen the bob babbitt 45 on the label, stock or promo.

full disclosure: I still don't own a copy. But I'm not talking it down because I don't own it, I've passed on it for $200-$250 a couple times.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert