Once Again Ebay

i recently was biding on a batch of records and was winning them all though out the time they were on in fact several of his records he had on the problem i had was right at the last min i was out bid on every one by pence but guess what they were all won by the same person it was the  sellers partner what i want to know as anyone else had this problem with eBay the next day he re advertised them for the same starting bid  WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS if your selling something surly you would put it on there for about the price you looking for the mind boggles 

Social source share

yea i know this but whats the point of getting someone to out bid you and then re list them let alone your mrs what about the eBay charges it just don't make sense to me .

Probably feels it is better to pay the charges than lose on the sale, assuming he or she is losing out?

Social source share

Can understand your beef, he should either just put a reserve on them or start the bidding at the least he's willing to accept!

totally agree i just don't see why anyone would do it . i mean if you don't want to sell then don't put um on eBay awaiting eBay reply

Social source share

Guest nsoulxx

They do want to sell them, just for a massive price. If they don't get the bids, someone they know bids so that it doesn't get sold too late. It's fraud and is a criminal offence. Police may not take it on though unless it's of a significant value overall but definitely Ebay should boot them.

Social source share

Guest soulchasers

yea i know this but whats the point of getting someone to out bid you and then re list them let alone your mrs what about the eBay charges it just don't make sense to me . 

he can just mark them as unpaid after 4 days and he'll get his fees back, but like everyone says just report them individually and hopefully he'll get kicked off, but knowing ebay probably not as they'll lose out in the long run....

Social source share

sniping to shill bid is idiotic. not saying it didn't happen, but if you're gonna shill bid, do it early and often.

when i joined ebay, shill bidding was actually not against the rules. i think they changed it in early 2000s.

Social source share

So presumably what he has done here is got someone to put a snipe bid on each record for the price he wants to sell at? Then if someone has put a bid with a high enough max the snipe bid would push it above what he wants. If not he gets to keep the record and not sell it at a low price?

New one on me but I can see the logic in it, it must be against the rules but it would be hard to prove. EBay won't care as they make a fee every time he does it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!