Unknown Artist On This Acetate

Ik001

Cheers Dave,

I knew someone would know it. not that I'm going to bid on it. A Tad high for my meagre purse. :wink: Just looked in Manships £20, perhaps someone should enlighten the bidders.

Edited by ik001
Social source share

Don't think it sounds any different to my Parkway 45 Dave... will check properly, after the Marvin documentary on BBC4!

:thumbsup:

Sean

It may well be as I haven't the 45 but compared it to a youtube vid which made the Ebay one sound very 'fuller' especially at the bottom end, with that 'chink' a lot more profound. At $430 it's a bit of mute point now for me as that has completely scared me off!

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK, in the mix, it's identical to my ears.... the only exception is the Acetate goes on for another 90 seconds or so longer than the issue.

The issued 45 is 2:34 - The Acetate 4:00mins +.

The last 90+ seconds of the acetate drops down in tempo to walking pace. The issued 45 maintains its uptempo throughout the entire 2:34.

On balance, pretty sure I wouldn't pay the extra £300+ for 90 seconds of down tempo 'over matter'

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

OK, in the mix, it's identical to my ears.... the only exception is the Acetate goes on for another 90 seconds or so longer than the issue.

The issued 45 is 2:34 - The Acetate 4:00mins +.

The last 90+ seconds of the acetate drops down in tempo to walking pace. The issued 45 maintains its uptempo throughout the entire 2:34.

On balance, pretty sure I wouldn't pay the extra £300+ for 90 seconds of down tempo 'over matter'

Sean

Isn't the last 90 seconds the B side?

Edited by simon t
Social source share

I remember Soulbowl having a copy of this acetate at a record fair in Manchester a few years ago for £50 ( same version as the issued 45). Wouldn't it be ironic if this was the same acetate that's found it's way back to the states. :g:

Does it really matter if it's the same or version not, Captain Jesse it just another one of those records with a great northern backing but gets let down badly by it's crass lyric's. It never fails to amaze me how some of these nearly/never been records go ape-shit on ebay. :no:

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

I remember Soulbowl having a copy of this acetate at a record fair in Manchester a few years ago for £50 ( same version as the issued 45). Wouldn't itbe ironic if this was the same acetate that's found it's way back to the states. :g:

Does it really matter if it's the same or version not, Captain Jesse it just another one of those records with a great northern backing but gets let down badly by it's crass lyric's. It never fails to amaze me how some of these nearly/never been records go ape-shit on ebay. :no:

Dave

I'd have bought it simply for the provenance of having been recorded at Frank Virtues, which is why I was watching it but I had $50 in mind. It's now over 500 so....that's the end of that.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

i'm pretty sure this is my old copy which if memory serves me right i bought from Dave Raistrick some years back along with about a half dozen other virtue acetates, they worked out around £30 each! I can't for the life of me remember who i sold it to though :(  silly money for an issued track!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!