Lee Fields

Taj Mahal two nights later too - you lot are spoilt down there Wayne  :yes:

I think London gets more then it`s fair share Mike  cos of the larger population,maybe the artists prefer it cos of it`s more well known,more to see etc. Plus there`s 3/4 airports to choose from.

It is a shame cos i would imagine the North supporting these gigs better then us lot down here  cos of the apathy/ everyone too busy/too much hassle to travel etc  of which i`m guilty of myself sometimes.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Charles Bradley is also making an appearance on these shores October time....

Oct 4 - Empire Music Hall - Belfast, Northern Ireland

Oct 5 - O2ABC - Glasgow, Scotland

Oct 6 - Wardrobe - Leeds, England

Oct 9 - KOKO - London, England

Oct 10 - Concorde 2 - Brighton, England

Oct 11 - Hare & Hounds - Birmingham, England

Oct 12 - Club Academy - Manchester, England

https://thecharlesbradley.com/tour

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

I'm told that Bettye plans on doing a 90 minute show with approximately half the songs she will include in her set being from pre 2000.

Bettye is also doing a show in Perth (Scotland) 2 days later (19th July).

But the set with more of her old classics included is only for the London show, not any of the other dates on her current European tour.

Social source share

I take it this is his band  called the expressions 

I am going to a festival near when i live this year called Secret garden party. It is not really my thing musically (they normally do have a couple of good acts though, alton eliis played there few years ago before he died, sposidly desmond dekker did before he died, martha and the vandellas did last year) but I am going as my girlfriend loves it. I have just seen on the line up Lee fields & the expressions are playing, get in there!! He looks very good.

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

I've seen countless acts and Lee Fields up is up there with some of the best I've seen, the best in recent years for sure. The Expressions are great as well, really tight. The clip in the first post is one I took at Leeds last year, there are a few more on my youtube page. Anyone who is into live acts should go and see Lee Fields.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Byrney

I've seen countless acts and Lee Fields up is up there with some of the best I've seen, the best in recent years for sure. The Expressions are great as well, really tight. The clip in the first post is one I took at Leeds last year, there are a few more on my youtube page. Anyone who is into live acts should go and see Lee Fields.

I've just bought our Tickets Chalky so will see you there. Think there's a few of us going now.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Byrney

Incredible performance. What a fantastic night and as Chalky says great to see young people getting down in their own way to soul music.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!