Northern Soul In Paphos Cyprus ?

Am going to Paphos for a fortnight's hol - but two weeks without soul is a long long time. Does anyone know any bars, clubs that play northern to prevent my withdrawal symptoms please.

Many thanks

Take your mp3 player ;-)

Social source share

i was there last year and saw the sign at a bar " northern soul this sat night", great i thought, got there early, sat down ordered a drink, 45 mins later a man n woman started singing bad covers of 70's 80's country etc, they were called northern soul ??? take an ipod mate !!

Social source share

Yup will take my own musc - but might look a wee bit crazy dong my own soul thing at the side of a pool!

Nah you'll be on holiday, nobody will take any notice & if they do they'll probably think you're a mad man/woman & they'll give you a wide berth & you'll have loads of space around the pool, sorted ;-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was in Paris last year ,in a Ted Baker store,when on came "Send him back" was playing over the store system.I felt quite embarassed as i came out of the ladies changing room i can tell you.

I'm sure you can last 2 weeks without soul music.

Social source share

i was there last year and saw the sign at a bar " northern soul this sat night", great i thought, got there early, sat down ordered a drink, 45 mins later a man n woman started singing bad covers of 70's 80's country etc, they were called northern soul ??? take an ipod mate !!

It only Happens to a Stokie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :lol:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Nothing in Paphos, EVER, but I had em going in RAF Akrotiri (not open to general public!) during postings in the mid nineties and early noughties.

These were my only ever forays into DJing, trying to turn the service world onto Northern, took some work but I eventually had em dancing right into the small hours at various clubs around this huge camp. I got so full of it I nearly convinced the programmer at BFBS Radio in Cyprus to let me do a spot every week, but the bloke doing commercial soul cried a lot and it never happened.

Imagine lying on a beach in Protaras, Aiya Napa, Ladies Mile or Curium hearing Northern monsters blaring out over the beach from Taverna speakers just like Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam, what memories.

Edited by SoulfulSolutions
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!