Ebay Jokers

What would be interesting is if Spanner wins these two items again. I hope guy isn't on this forum or anyone here knows him cos he may just be daft enough to pull the same trick twice.

ROD

Spanner is on this forum Rod. he can usually be found in topics to do with John Manship, as he is his special friend.

Social source share

• Replies 82
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Dave, you know me. I know you. We don't buy anything with the word "Lilac" in it!!

Im not sticking up for Baz BUT what he's saying is that he's got his mates to make sure he has a safety net. OK it saves him a £1 for a reserve although makes him look a bit like he may avoid buying us a drink should we ever meet. There's a lot of difference in that and getting your mates to keep on bidding to put the price up

ROD

Thats exactly how it is Rod, any one who knows me will tell you im a honest person, under no circumstances would i ever use that method to bid the item up!! im too honest for that and it would lay on my mind if i did.

If im a bad person for protecting my investment and not wanting the item to go unsold well so be it .

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=4870888244

Hello All, have a look at this. I bid on this 45 and got overbid. The "winner" even left feedback.

Now have a look at this current auction.

https://cgi.ebay.com/BARBARA-LEWIS-MAKE-ME-...1QQcmdZViewItem

What do you think? Should I take it further.Maybe I should ask the seller to send it me for free. Must think we're all as thick as they are!!

Is it Stuart who's the shark,sorry lawyer!! Where do I stand. Have I been involved in some kinda fraud.

ROD

Hi Rod,

just had a look at the ebay links and i can certainly say that the bloke has bid it up himself or by a mate, if you click on the winning bidders feedback score (the numbers in brackets next to his name) you will go to the items that have left him feedback and you will notice that spanner had also won another record from him and that has also been relisted on ebay too, if you click on the item number on the end it will show what he won and then when that page with the record - the mad lads - i want someone, comes up click on sellers other items and there you will see both the tunes he had won back up for sale.

well i hope you can understand what i have written and is of any help to you,

good luck and enjoy life,

we are here for a good time not a long time !!!!!!!

bearsy.

Social source share

Dave, you know me. I know you. We don't buy anything with the word "Lilac" in it!!

Im not sticking up for Baz BUT what he's saying is that he's got his mates to make sure he has a safety net. OK it saves him a £1 for a reserve although makes him look a bit like he may avoid buying us a drink should we ever meet. There's a lot of difference in that and getting your mates to keep on bidding to put the price up.

Maybe Baz will think about a reserve in future. He is right about reserves putting people off but shirley that's only when it's an unreasonably high reserve.

I did try to start a thread about these wild fluctuations in prices but no one was interested.

Anyway Spanner has his Mad Lads and Barbara Lewis. If I understand Pete F. and others correctly the seller would already have set up his false snipe to make sure he doesn't undersell so in a few hours time Spanner may be the lucky winner again.

ROD

Rod,

Nothing "lilac" is allowed in the town where I live Mate! We simply don't recocgnise the word! :thumbsup: Nor shall we EVER!

Bidding on your own records is bollox. Whatever the reason. If Mr Manship was found bidding on his own records in his auctions people would be all over him like a rash. You've only to revisit the thread a few months ago in which John had to "put the record straight" about his auction procedures.

I just find it strange that "etiquette" is all over the place. Maybe it's case of niaivete, but some collectors seem to adapt whichever "set of rules" suits their particular moment as a buyer or seller.

Just put your records on a list, price 'em up, bang 'em up, sell 'em at what you ask and be done with it! No need for all the peripheral mind games bollox!

Regards,

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

PS. And STOP calling me Shirley! :thumbsup:

Social source share

I have to agree, shill-bidding is wrong and as has been said before, against e-bay policy.

It is quite dis-heartening to actually read somebody admit to doing it, especially on here.

Why would you sell something on ebay for 50 quid if you could get more at a venue?

Records should start at what you need to cover you costs or set a minimum, simple as that.

Social source share

"Why would you sell something on ebay for 50 quid if you could get more at a venue?"

Can we lay off Baz a bit. He's been a bit of a naughty boy and he knows now what some of us think about the way to run an auction.

As for quote, there is travel costs and admission,usually for two cos the wife never pays. How many times have you sold that Al Williams at a do, given the money to the wife, and when you get home she can prove you spent it all on beer and a kebab!!

ROD

Social source share

Why would you sell something on ebay for 50 quid if you could get more at a venue?

Records should start at what you need to cover you costs or set a minimum, simple as that.

Because i have better things to do at venues than sit behind a record box all night, i've listed the record on here plenty of time and took it out plenty of times to sell, yet still not sold, so Ebay was the only way i wanted rid but not lose too much money on it,

And for the record im not a seller on ebay i use it for buying, in three years of being a Ebay member i have sold 5 records.

Im not saying any more on the subject can't be arsed with people claiming the higher moral ground.

Social source share

To keep everybody who is following this episode of Rodlumbo I have now bid on the Barbara Lewis again.

ROD

Rodlumbo Brill :lol:

And i suggest everyone else leaves it alone for this to work :thumbsup:

All the best, and all watch with interest :thumbsup:

Social source share

Im not saying any more on the subject can't be arsed with people claiming the higher moral ground.

Hi Baz,

Just different opinions Mate. Nothing personal. That is after all, the point of a forum innit?

You are advocating schill-bidding whilst claiming you would never "bid something up". The 2 actions are competely at odds!

Ah well.......let's see how Rod does with the records this time round...... :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Hi Baz,

Just different opinions Mate. Nothing personal. That is after all, the point of a forum innit?

You are advocating schill-bidding whilst claiming you would never "bid something up". The 2 actions are competely at odds!

Ah well.......let's see how Rod does with the records this time round...... :thumbsup:

Regards,

Dave

Good job you gave up collecting UK stuff a while back eh Dave?

Social source share

Guest martyn

This whole thread has IMHO oppened a can of worms :thumbsup: ....The whole thread is driven by one thing-greed.

Can we not accept that (like the old days),a record is worth what the buyer is prepared to pay.......You win some,You lose some.If you put a record up for sale in an auction don't get pissed off if no frigger wants it for your imaginary reserve.Let it go(you don't really love that.. :thumbsup: ).You wont complain when a tune you picked up for 50p suddenly achieves £100....As my copy of Willie J & Co did recently....Even though rarity wise its still a ten bob sound.

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

I do the same :thumbsup: (cheapskate!! LOL)

I save my snipes for the auctions that end at daft o'clock :thumbsup:

hello mate

i see on your avatar you have a 45 on the mary label

its not the leon thomas is it ? if it is wanna sell ?

and not on ebay , just to keep the thread on track :lol:

chers

Social source share

Baz

I dont know you and you dont know me but how can you accuse someone of taking the moral ground when you have just admiited in print your lack of morals???

Astounding hypocrisy.

Wasn't going to say any more on the matter but, how can you say i have lack of morals, whos cheating who here!!!!

They guy who has put a 'saftey net' under the price he pays for it, or the record dealer selling it for £100-£150???? nearly a stone mint copy he gets it for £42 i'd say he's got a bloody good deal there, so dont tell me about morals, i dont want to get into any arguments over this, but felt i needed to clear that up.

Edited by Baz
Social source share

What would be interesting is if Spanner wins these two items again. I hope guy isn't on this forum or anyone here knows him cos he may just be daft enough to pull the same trick twice.

ROD

Hello Rod i am on here has Spanner and i am daft ,BUT I AM spanner0 on ebay ,and i have never sold anything on ebay

spanner [ hope me spelling was ok ? i am on a final warning ] :P:P:wicked::wicked:

Social source share

Hello Rod i am on here has Spanner and i am daft ,BUT I AM spanner0 on ebay ,and i have never sold anything on ebay

spanner [ hope me spelling was ok ? i am on a final warning ] thumbsup.gif:wicked:wicked.gif:ohmy:

nah but your constant reminders about the time when you got one for abusing site and members is beginging to piss me right off

give it a rest yeah

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert