Daybreak, I Need Love, On Pap, Wdj

Not the biggest aficionado with modern, but really do like this record.

I see Craig Moerer has got a demo up for grabs.

Am I right in saying the demo is ultra rare?

I've only seen the issues?

Great tune anyhow.

The issue isn't too shabby and or cheap either. It's a great record Aid - in my top ten easily.

P

Social source share

Not the biggest aficionado with modern, but really do like this record.

I see Craig Moerer has got a demo up for grabs.

Am I right in saying the demo is ultra rare?

I've only seen the issues?

Great tune anyhow.

Had a loverly copy in sales a few weeks back Aid :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

My understanding is that the reissue is legit.

Cheers,

Mark R

I stand corrected ,,,slip of the tongue Mark :yes:

I guess if it were a boot ,they would have made it look exactly the same eh :thumbsup:

Social source share

Got really excited in New York about 5 Years ago when I found a copy for about $10 in mint con. :thumbup:

but it was the reissue with the address or was it the other way round :g: , definite reissue though :(

Swifty

Social source share

Fantastic choon,Everything man just as good

I actually prefer "Everything Man". Both great records, without a doubt!! & I've worn many dancefloors out to "I need Love" but "Everything Man" has that little special something, well it does for me anyway :o)

Edited by Alison H
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

I actually prefer "Everything Man". Both great records, without a doubt!! & I've worn many dancefloors out to "I need Love" but "Everything Man" has that little special something, well it does for me anyway :o)

Ay up Ali :thumbsup:

i agree they are both great sides but..........................Back in the day there was only one side I Need Love. Played along side some of the best 70's and 80's ever played.

:thumbsup:

Peter

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Ay up Ali :thumbsup:

i agree they are both great sides but..........................Back in the day there was only one side I Need Love. Played along side some of the best 70's and 80's ever played.

Peter

Ow do Peter :o)

Totally agree that INL was played & played back in the day (& rightly so!) & I was mad on it then, but I'm getting soft in my old age & prefer EM now .......... would still dance to them both now, but EM pulls at my heartstrings whereas INL pulls at my memories

Ali x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Got really excited in New York about 5 Years ago when I found a copy for about $10 in mint con. :thumbup:

Swifty

Swifty :hatsoff2:

You know what happens when you get excited!

Walking down Aswell Stree, the sky is blue the air is sweet. There's a guy called Pete..............................

You barsteward! :wicked:

:lol:  :lol:

LOL

Peter

Social source share

Great record, Searlings Tyrone Edwards 'Search this world' cover up. Was Searling the first to play it?

I reckon it was Sir Dickie Pete. A few others too not long after. It was a huge record and deservedly so.

I used to sing a couple of odd lines at home at me mams over and over again.  "Don't you know any other words to that bloody song" she used to shout. "No mam". Well it's driving me mad yer little bastard"! :lol: LOl

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Thought the same too Mark but you know what folks are like on this scene.

If it's not the original it's a boot regardless, legit or not :g:

And there are those on the scene that would legitimate a vinyl carver ahead of a track which originally released on CD.......go figure!! LOL

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I got it a few months after Richard started to play it off Alan Senior, then did a straight swap with Sam for jd jones "yesterdays love" , you know how it goes when you need something bad :D

You win some you lose some Arthur. J D Jones is a nice enough record - and like you say you needed it at the time. :D

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest OSCARP

Like you said Pete some great records where played when this got it's airing , Arthur and Sam played some nice records upstairs at Birmingham Locarno. Happy days :D

Social source share

Like you said Pete some great records where played when this got it's airing , Arthur and Sam played some nice records upstairs at Birmingham Locarno. Happy days :D

Best times musically for me buddy - loved to dancing.

And I concur regarding Arthur and Sam - always been high on my list.

Peter

Social source share

Swifty :hatsoff2:

You know what happens when you get excited!

Walking down Aswell Stree, the sky is blue the air is sweet. There's a guy called Pete..............................

You barsteward! :wicked:

:lol:  :lol:

LOL

Peter

:lol::thumbsup:  'I know a song that'll get on your nerves , get on your nerves , get on your nerves........... :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It was actually reviewed in Black Echoes as a new release, in the Jazz section if I remember rightly. Although that wasn't noticed till years later and it was Everything Man that was reviewed, so I suspect it was known outside our insular world.

Tricky Dicky always seemed to have a "couple" of things like this to sell whilst playing, Colin/Pete Doonan bouoght a couple of his cover ups at Wigan, only for them to appear on mass on Soul Bowl later (Larry Houston and this being the two I remember)

Social source share

John at Soul Bowl had quantities of these originally. The first batch he got were pressed off centre so, being the kind generouse person that he was, he gave me a copy. With a plastic adapter and a file I got it to play perfectly. The off centres were the issue BTW... don't know if it affected demo's in the same way as I've only ever had 3 issues.

:g: 

Steve 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!