Soul In Bogota Colombia?

Here's the link for Bogota Soul Club, run by Sergio Iglesias, who turned out some amazing parties in my former home of San Francisco. Probably a good starting point, though I know he's more of an early soul/R&B kind of DJ.

https://www.facebook.com/bogotatienesoul?fref=ts

Awesome! Thank you! I love club soul/mod/R&B - so should be right up my alley!

Social source share

I think this whole thread is amazing..... of all the places you wouldn't have expected there to be a Soul scene, Bogota in Columbia is fairly high up the list.

But a simple query here on SS gets a response an hour and ten minutes later giving details of the Bogota Soul Club.

Brilliant !!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

So true Dave! I'm really happy to contribute, for some reason I had a feeling my friend there in Colombia would know of something, and sure enough came through! I had no idea Sergio was living there now, either.

Edited by AndreasB
Social source share

....sorry to say that red-tape bureaucracy stepped in. 

i work for the US Govt, and the embassy has sections of the city "red zoned" for official US personnel. we can only travel by armored SUV and the driver has instructions on where he can and cannot take us....and that location was not permitted for security reasons. i am sure it is a totally safe club (and I am sure the soulies were not dangerous!), but security is a big issue for our embassy. if it was 10 blocks further north - no problem.

thanks for your help and time, andreas --- sometimes it just sucks working for "the man"!  :(

Social source share

Too bad my man! Maybe contact Sergio through the club's page and see if he's playing anywhere else, or has some other suggestions? Sounds like a very interesting line of work you've got there. No worries on the info give, happy to help out a fellow soulie :)

Social source share

Too bad my man! Maybe contact Sergio through the club's page and see if he's playing anywhere else, or has some other suggestions? Sounds like a very interesting line of work you've got there. No worries on the info give, happy to help out a fellow soulie :)

i will see if he has anything for this friday (my last night in bogota).

thanks andreas!

Social source share

how bizzare, sold a record last week to a chap in bogota, (still not paid mind), i said to my wife its not somewhere i'd imagine to be selling northern soul records to, then i read this thread,

am currently sitting in a little hotel in the country listening to choppers fly from the nearby military base - and i can also hear music from the bar downstairs - and mixed in with the salsa they also played "tears of a clown." 

you can find soul anywhere!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

https://www.facebook.com/events/309513525849633/

i found this event - within walking distance of the hotel. should be a good Mod event!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!