Northern Soul On Cd

Whilst it is fresh in my mind and following on from the topic for the sale of the complete Northern Soul Story LP's, the very first Soul Supply CD and possibly the very first Northern Soul cd was called "Rare Soul on CD Vol 1 The Vocal Groups"  SSSCD 1 and not the Detroit Northern SOul which was the fourth.

post-225-0-05773500-1369491160_thumb.jpe

post-225-0-42129800-1369491167_thumb.jpe

Then came the collaboration with Goldmine/Soul Supply....

GSCD 1  The Essential Northern Soul Story 

GSCD 2  The Essential Modern Soul Selection

GSCD 3  The Essential Detroit Soul Collection

GSCD 4 The Essential Sweet Soul Selection

GSCD 5 The Essential Mellow Groove

etc etc

Edited by chalky
Social source share

last time i went into HMV oxford street ,just about everyone inc Haynes the car manuals publishers were compiling ;Northern soul CDs ,from just about any old bit of tatt that they could find ,most of the titles were rubbish .there were piles of them .

it will be hard for them to sell them now 

Social source share

last time i went into HMV oxford street ,just about everyone inc Haynes the car manuals publishers were compiling ;Northern soul CDs ,from just about any old bit of tatt that they could find ,most of the titles were rubbish .there were piles of them .

it will be hard for them to sell them now

Some of those early goldmine/soulsupply cds fetch quite a bit of money now.

Social source share

i paid £30 for the goldmine cd northern soul of los angeles vol.1...and yes, i agree, the very early one's are long since deleted.. ( whoever thought we would ever say that word about those shiney thingy's ? ) and, are going to be very collectable...infact the hipo compilations are way out in front already, value wise, simply because they are limited and numbered and to date, i think the only one that has been reissued due to demand or whatever, is the david ruffin cd. just cast your minds back barely 4 years and the boxed set for 1966 is sold out and fetching ridiculous prices on ebay.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

mate gave me copys of the essential collection cds on tapes,

that's when I started to buy cds.more to hear tunes I didn't know.

I must have about 100+ goldmine/kent cds.all,the first releases.

was mostly goldmine I started with.they were pumping out great cds,which seemed like monthly @ the time.

then they seemed to dry up.

any new ones that did come out,most of the tunes were on there other cds.but there was always one tune that wasn't & it was always a top tune you didn't have on cd,lol.crafty but I didn't give in.

was a local record shop who had piles of goldmines modern series cds(modern 1,2,3,4 etc) on sale for £1.99 each.wish id bought them all now,lol.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

goldmines modern series cds(modern 1,2,3,4 etc) on sale for £1.99 each.wish id bought them all now,lol.

Got most of them - although I neglected them badly, chucked about in the car and cases cracked an broken etc. Very good cd's with some great modern soul on em.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!